320 miles to a full tank?

Had to drive from Aberdeen out to Ikea in Edinburgh, so filled the tank. Range the computer gave me was 320, but sitting around 72-75mph on the cruise control got me 340 miles.

Is this sort of range correct for a 2006 petrol saloon vrs?

There are a few factors that if known may be helpful;

How long have you owned the vehicle?

What is your usual driving conditions, mostly in town/motorway?

When was it last serviced?

Had it been serviced correctly, items replaced when stipulated?

What sort of mileage/range were you expecting?

If it makes you feel any better, I had a 1989 Rover 216 that would give 15-17 mpg in town and about 32mpg on the motorway.

Took it to several Rover garages that couldn't find anything wrong with it, but did compliment me on how clean it was!

Right, completely standard car. I always use shell v power/super unleaded. Serviced it myself 6k ish miles ago myself and did all fluids and all filters (including fuel) usually do a mixture of both motorway and town driving.

The whole journey out to Edinburgh I was getting around 33mpg, a little less on the way back as I was going a bit quicker.

Around town I get high 20's and any country road driving I can usually get up to 40mpg when taking it easy.

What you need to know is how many litres you'd need to put back in the tank to fill it up again after your 340 mile journey. 

I would say the figures were low.

My 55 plate 1.6 FSI manages between 440 and 460 miles per tank, less when towing.

Where as my 06 plate 2.0 FSI manages up to 440 miles.

Both with mixed driving.

More if at motorway speeds i.e. 70 mph.

I know they are not VRS but I would have expected up to 400+ miles.

Seems very low to me, even our Jag gets more than that

And how big is the tank in the Jag?

What you need to know is how many litres you'd need to put back in the tank to fill it up again after your 340 mile journey. 

Exactly this.

The best tank I ever got out of mine was before it was even stage 1 mapped - I don't think I'd had it very long and I drove from Leicester to Hull and back and did another couple of long(ish) journeys, all at about 65 mph, and it cracked 400 miles to a tank. On average I see between 260 and 320 miles from a tank and I rarely squeeze more than 50 litres into a tank, normally between 45 and 48 - I expect to see about 350 out of this one, whever I finish it off.

Edited by j0hn

Mine is 320/340, but had 450 once on a weekend trip to Cornwall taking it very easy (but with a loaded car)

Just checked fuelly, and my 4 yr average is 31.5mpg but a lot of my driving is around town

****Edited - Just checked that trip to Cornwall, it was 415 miles not 450

Edited by sdwilliams72

When I fill up my 07 Octy vRS the range usually reads around 430 miles.  I actually get between 300 and 350 miles from a tank full, depends on the type of driving I'm doing.  Not done a long motorway trip yet so I'll see if I get any more doing that.

Edited by SkodaKitteh

I have come to the conclusion my car is either a) Possessed or B) Broken I get 250 miles from empty to brim :( mainly town driving but still seems uber low!

That's your problem - mine doesn't like stop/start traffic at all, town driving is hopeless and returns between 11 and 14 mpg.

• Like 1