What about the things that annoy you?

Are you sure the 27.9 is showing your long term MPG? And not just from your latest blart down the open road? I'm getting nowhere near 60 in my diesel VRS, but I'm rarely below 40.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Road noise and wind noise from the door seals are bad on my car.

The kids always say how noisy my car is compared to mum's Volvo . They are correct as I drove the XC60 yesterday and it is really quiet. (it also feels just as fast as my vRS too). Don't think I will have another Octavia or this model. Good fun but lacking in some places .

Yep and the 300 ish miles per tank is backing it up too.

What litres are you putting on the refill? Diesels are notorious for prompting for refill when there can be more than 10 litres left in the tank

I fill it from roughly 1/4 of a tank and it takes £45, how big is the tank?

The tank is officially 50 litres but my mind has just been blown by your answer :)

• 2 weeks later...

In light of the recent supermarket bag charging, could the 'Remember your mobile phone' message be changed to say

'Remember your shopping bag!'

Lol that is a good one mate! Pretty annoying but your right, it would be pretty handy to have an option to put in your own reminder

What heavy bonnet! For the number of times it opens, why waste money on struts.

In 18 ish months the only irritation is filling the washer bottle. Why can't cars collect rain water, filter it, add washer fluid from a once a year service top up tank. Then it would be perfect. Except for having to put petrol in. I'll just have to live with it's faults.........

• Like 1

In light of the recent supermarket bag charging, could the 'Remember your mobile phone' message be changed to say

'Remember your shopping bag!'

absolute quality. Have just laughed my ass off. But so true. Bags in the boot. Shopping at the check out. Agghhhhh!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

The heavy bonnet should be assisted by hydraulic struts. It's a mean and cheap exclusion.

Personally I would prefer it if they made the bonnet out of aluminium like on the Subaru outback gen 4. That is soooo light yo can lift it with your pinky.

Just thought of one thing. The estate roll out cover. Unless you firmly locate and "wiggle" it to make sure its latched shut,it can open leaving all on show in the back. Even with privacy glass, if you are up to no good and get close enough.

With the roll cover, when you close it over, slowly pull it out to start with, then pull it forcefully/quickly into place.

The cover used to occasionally pop open on its own accord for me too, but since I started closing it as above it's never done it again.

Just thought of one thing. The estate roll out cover. Unless you firmly locate and "wiggle" it to make sure its latched shut,it can open leaving all on show in the back. Even with privacy glass, if you are up to no good and get close enough.

They used to have a spring loaded latching mechanism on the Mk2....a cost saving and backwards step on the Mk3 for sure....but on the other hand something else that wont go wrong.

That's fine in a manual as you get to choose when it does/doesn't stop. What I've found in my DSG is that it often stops the engine before I'm stationary. The stop start can be controlled by how much pressure you put on the brake. If you've braked heavily but don't want the engine to cut out on you, you either have to reach down and hit the switch or take your foot off the brake earlier than you'd like.

Sorry... Catching up a bit late on some of these posts. Have folks with DSG and premature activation of stop start (engine cutting out before car has come to a complete stop) gone and got it checked up and got it fixed (or classified as "a feature")?

I'm seeing this too, but till now not been too fussed, but will need to take my MY16 in for a couple of issues and may raise this if it's not a "feature" and can be fixed.

Sent from Tapatalk for Android

Sorry... Catching up a bit late on some of these posts. Have folks with DSG and premature activation of stop start (engine cutting out before car has come to a complete stop) gone and got it checked up and got it fixed (or classified as "a feature")?

I'm seeing this too, but till now not been too fussed, but will need to take my MY16 in for a couple of issues and may raise this if it's not a "feature" and can be fixed.

Not something I've experienced in 46,000 miles, maybe your cars have a fault, or maybe you need to plan a bit further ahead and not brake so hard.

Have to admit I think it may be part of the MY16 tweaks to meet the latest legislation (without the defeat device?) as quite a few on the Superb III forum complaining about it too, which makes me think it is a very new "feature" for MY16

I drove a MY15 quite a bit and it worked no problem, you had to brake quite a bit to cut the engine. Mine definitely cuts when the wheels are still in motion and sometimes you get a bit of steering wheel "snatch" as you lose the power steering.

Its nothing to do with anticipation, mine will not stay running on anything downslope of level, there is too much brake needed even after you have stopped. The only way it works like the MY14/15 I drove is if it is on an uphill slope and almost no brake if any to stop it.

It is a real shame as I would use it more if it worked like it did, now it just stays off from the start.

Not at the point it needs to go in yet, but would be interested in what a dealer says, trouble is it needs to be warm and all charged up just to demonstrate what it does (doesn't) do

Annoying? The bonnet lift bar is right in front of the windscreen washer bottle. That's annoying. And right underneath is a wire connector block. Genius. Overspill goes right over that.

I've been using a cheap plastic funnel for years. As also recommended by other SOGs