First service on 14 plate vRS - Software update recall?

Hi,

Taken my 14 plate vRS in for its first service this morning, garage says there is a recall for a software update also.

Does anyone have any further details on what the update is fixing?

Mine (also a 14 plate vRS) had it's first service a few weeks ago and I believe they did a software update too.  They didn't know what was in the update and I haven't noticed any change.

The one thing that desperately needs an software update is the Bolero - I'm convinced the dreadful sound could be improved enormously with no change to the hardware.

Mine (also a 14 plate vRS) had it's first service a few weeks ago and I believe they did a software update too. They didn't know what was in the update and I haven't noticed any change.

The one thing that desperately needs an software update is the Bolero - I'm convinced the dreadful sound could be improved enormously with no change to the hardware.

Agree about the sound system....it sounds like an update exists for canton equipped cars (from what I hear) that improves the sound quality, specifically bass output from the sub that some find lacking.

Friend of mine had a new Golf Mk4 when we were at uni, those things had about the best OEM sound system going at the time absolutely brilliant.

He put his into the garage for some warranty work (completely unrelated I might add) and it underwent a software update for the stereo system "to reduce door trim vibrations".....afterward the sound was really wooden and crap...such a shame!! So it does happen

Call Skoda UK Customer Services when in the UK and see when there is a 'Service Campaign', or Skoda Secret Service Campaign.

If there is a Skoda Recall,  as in a 'Recall',  then they should be contacting Registered Keepers and Recalling vehicles.

There is a world of difference,

& why Skoda / VWG manage to not Get Registered Keepers Contact Information from the DVLA & have the Recall on the VOSA Site.

Interesting. I'm due my first service and if fleet try to send to a non Skoda mechanic I'll call SUK to see if there are any service campaigns.

I had my vRS Tdi First service a few weeks ago and the dealer said its was all up to date no update for the car as I made a point of asking if there was eny update for it

My 2013 model went in for its first service in December and that had a software upgrade then, heavens knows what it covered though.

My VRS tdi non dsg went in last week for hesitation problem and poor starting.

They did a software update. Didn't cure it thou. It will have to go back again (6 attempts)

Mine is an April 2014 delivery car.

Had the firmware update on my Columbus a week or so back - only because I asked though as mentioned it cut out once or twice. Was upgraded 0360 (sept 14 car) to 0390. Don't think it's any car change, just stereo improvement - seems to have made the mid range better and got the door speakers running some more bass (in conjunction with canton sub now). Got a rattling door problem now though due to the speakers working better!

I'm not sure if there is such a thing as a digital crossover but I think it's something along these lines.

Got another reason to get a software update when I visit the dealer next time. I've had a problem of the USB connection sometimes working like a charm, sometimes not until I reboot the Columbus since the very beginning, but it isn't that much of an issue since I just use Bluetooth for audio when it does that.

Today however I encountered a more annoying problem. The parking radar display went "numb" on me today. I was driving through my very narrow garage door and tried to mute the beeps like I always do (I don't want to turn the display off though, because it helps me park the car in the right spot when I get inside) but this time the on screen buttons for mute and switching the view went unresponsive. A video is worth a thousand words.

Lets see if this was only a rare occurrence or if it makes a habit out of doing this...if it does I might just visit the dealers earlier than I planned...

Agree about the sound system....it sounds like an update exists for canton equipped cars (from what I hear) that improves the sound quality, specifically bass output from the sub that some find lacking.

Friend of mine had a new Golf Mk4 when we were at uni, those things had about the best OEM sound system going at the time absolutely brilliant.

He put his into the garage for some warranty work (completely unrelated I might add) and it underwent a software update for the stereo system "to reduce door trim vibrations".....afterward the sound was really wooden and crap...such a shame!! So it does happen

Where did you hear about the Bolero/Canton update? I'm non-plussed with the bass output from the sub.

Sorry guys forgot to update this after the service.

My car is a TDI DSG vRS - The update has fixed the problem it had in Eco mode.  It wouldn't always go back in to gear when coasting (foot off the gas, it then coasts), particularly a problem when on the motorway, it was actually quite dangerous as it would take the gearbox 3-4 seconds to realise your foot is back on the gas, meanwhile those behind you are up your a**e wondering why you're slowing down!  Gearbox then wakes up and the car takes off again.

Works perfectly fine now :)

Sorry guys forgot to update this after the service.

My car is a TDI DSG vRS - The update has fixed the problem it had in Eco mode.  It wouldn't always go back in to gear when coasting (foot off the gas, it then coasts), particularly a problem when on the motorway, it was actually quite dangerous as it would take the gearbox 3-4 seconds to realise your foot is back on the gas, meanwhile those behind you are up your a**e wondering why you're slowing down!  Gearbox then wakes up and the car takes off again.

Works perfectly fine now :)

Wow - that update was released about a year ago!

Mine has gone in for its first service today and the dealer said there is a software update to do with the indicator stalk. Hopefully its to stop the cruise control from dropping out periodically!