Superb Order tracker

They aren't sourcing a car, they order it from Skoda...

It's the 2 year lease deal from Simpsons Skoda in Preston.

I paid £500 'deposit' at the time of ordering which is deducted from the £1490 first payment, then 23 payments of £179pm.

Well, it looks like I may have jumped the queue. Not sure how this has happened.

Ordered via coast2coast on 1st Sept, and it looks like the car is at the dealer, registered, and ready to be delivered (once we've sorted out all the paperwork).

That's less than 8 weeks from order to being at the dealer.

Was expecting it to be another 6-7 weeks wait.

Was sceptical at first - but it does seem like it's our car.

Anyone else had their build brought forward significantly ?

It sounds like they have amended a previous (cancelled?) order to your spec... either way you have benefitted so who cares  :D

It sounds like they have amended a previous (cancelled?) order to your spec... either way you have benefitted so who cares  :D

Maybe; just thought the likelihood of the exact same model/colour/options being cancelled was pretty low!

Looking like we might get it delivered next week.

Ordered  17th of September. (1.4 ACT SEL-Exec) - dealer placed order on 23 September.

Showed build as week 07, update on 08 October after sending three email requests - still at week 07

Received an answerphone message today advising build week now 13 with status 10 ( whatever 10 is)

So, it appears as we thought that the 1.4 models are behind others.

Who did you email? The dealer or Skoda?

Ordered 17th of September. (1.4 ACT SEL-Exec) - dealer placed order on 23 September.

Showed build as week 07, update on 08 October after sending three email requests - still at week 07

Received an answerphone message today advising build week now 13 with status 10 ( whatever 10 is)

Ordered  17th of September. (1.4 ACT SEL-Exec) - dealer placed order on 23 September.

I ordered my SE L EXECUTIVE 1.4 TSI (petrol blue) last weekend in September and was told 2 days later of a week 50 build date. Last week dealer was still advising week 50. Still keeping fingers cross. Build time is 1 day, but it t

akes the Germans up to 2 weeks to deliver to uk, with up to a week to pdi at dealer.

I think Status 10 just means that the factory has received the order and issued a possible Build Week. Nothing more.

Yes agreed this is my understanding of status numbers....

Status 10 - your car has a rough week number

Status 20 - your week no has been confirmed

Status 30 - parts gathering

Status 38 - the car has been built

Status 39 - its on the train to Emden in Germany (not long now)

Status 40 - it is at UK port (Sheerness, Grimsby or Tyne).

Status 50 - transport to dealer

Status 70 - Dealer

There maybe others not listed.....

• Like 1

Ordered 17th of September. (1.4 ACT SEL-Exec) - dealer placed order on 23 September.

Totally agree 1.4s must have been given low priority over (mainly) dirty diesels... perhaps a flog off tactic ahead of the emissions scandal being made public. Or, just because diesels historically sell better.

Still, the near-green 1.4s are finally being released into the wild... mine is being made next week. Status 20 (confirmed).

• Like 1

Where do we stand with regard to getting a refund of deposit if we're just too bored waiting 2-3 months longer than originally suggested? I presume no problem.

After initially being reasonably impressed with Newport Skoda, I'm going right off them. No contact whatsoever after placing the order and finalising details. I complained about Stratos/Helios but haven't been presented with the options and asked to choose between Helios early or Stratos late.

Edited by thewinelake

Where do we stand with regard to getting a refund of deposit if we're just too bored waiting 2-3 months longer than originally suggested? I presume no problem.

After initially being reasonably impressed with Newport Skoda, I'm going right off them. No contact whatsoever after placing the order and finalising details. I complained about Stratos/Helios but haven't been presented with the options and asked to choose between Helios early or Stratos late.

My dealer offered me my deposit back if I wasn't happy with Helios wheels or delay waiting for stratos.

Still not quite sure what I want, as I'll probably want to get a second set of rims for winter tyres anyway, and I found some third party ones that looked much like Stratos. So Winter tyres on Helios wouldn't be the end of the world. Probably a bit late to change it now and get a car before Christmas, but it would be nice to know!

Sure stratos look better but not worth cancelling and going elsewhere over. If the car was only ever offered with Helios I'd still have ordered. It makes very little difference to this type of car which is very much a white goods/appliance type vehicle.

Sure stratos look better but not worth cancelling and going elsewhere over. If the car was only ever offered with Helios I'd still have ordered. It makes very little difference to this type of car which is very much a white goods/appliance type vehicle.

Speak four yourself ! ;-)

• Like 3

If you have a pretty standard contract to purchase there will be a clause somewhere. In mine it said "if not delivered within 42 days of estimated delivery then plus 14 days for them to deliver".

At that point you have the right within the contract to a full refund. Up to that point you have to negotiate your way out. Not usually a problem if they cannot source you an alternative acceptable vehicle. Just have to use your people skills.

And of course it helps if you have an estimated date in you contract/agreement in the first place. A verbal agreement is still a contract but just harder to demonstrate.

hth

Pete

I think you have been very lucky Just been told mine has been delayed from WK50 to WK52 so absolutely no chance of getting it this year. The dealership has said if I'm lucky Mid to late Jan for delivery. so looks like I'm going to try to sell a car in January not great but I have no other option. Hoping to sell private as I don't want to give it away to webuyanycar.

Ordered 18th of September. (1.4 ACT SEL-Exec)

Probably nearly 17 weeks from order to delivery if I'm lucky. Seem like they don't want to make the 1.4 petrol cars at the moment its all these dirt dirty diesels getting made.

Looks like I am not going to be lucky at all Just been told the Build week has slipped again to week 4 2016 but might slip more, then 4 weeks for delivery, not very happy but likely to get the car before march next year and although yes it will be a 16 plate That will be a lead time of nearly 6 months. absolutely ridiculous when you have cars ordered after you and they get build potentially months before you. I'm not a happy chappie.

Come on Skoda get your act together, it's not that I have a long options list either only got parking sensors and rear window wiper. Really unhappy build week has moved from Week 50 initially to week 4.

Edited by woody3537

Volkswagen has confirmed that around 800,000 of its petrol and diesel cars in Europe have "irregular" CO2 emission figures.

It's said to affect smaller petrol and diesel engines in the Volkswagen, Audi, Skoda and SEAT brands and is thought to be the 1.4-litre "cylinder-on-demand" petrol engine.  This might be why we will have to wait that bit longer now and how will this affect the 1.4tsi ACT fuel economy figures with a modification of some sort. Now, I am rather concerned with my choice of the Superb with the 1.4tsi ACT engine.

• Like 1

My 6th Oct order for a L&K 190 DSG 4x4 Estate in Business Grey with a beige interior & lots of extras now has an estimated build week of week 1.

Looks like I am not going to be lucky at all Just been told the Build week has slipped again to week 4 2016 but might slip more, then 4 weeks for delivery, not very happy but likely to get the car before march next year and although yes it will be a 16 plate That will be a lead time of nearly 6 months. absolutely ridiculous when you have cars ordered after you and they get build potentially months before you. I'm not a happy chappie.

Come on Skoda get your act together, it's not that I have a long options list either only got parking sensors and rear window wiper. Really unhappy build week has moved from Week 50 initially to week 4.

Something is definitely amiss with the supply and build programmes - Skoda hyped the S3 so much and now can't cope with demand across all markets so supply is suffering.

• Like 1

If you do get it before March, it will be a 65 plate, not a 16.

• Like 1