Superb Order tracker

I ordered on 28 august (b-rosso red se-l 1.4 dsg with lots of extras) and was given an unconfirmed date of week 39 this went to 50 then settled at week 47.

week 44 was told couldn't have the colour (I had to inform the dealer of intending problem) so changed it to quartz grey but the amended order went in as a new order as when skoda stopped the colour they put my build week to 00 (without production week), then an unconfirmed date of 08 was given.

one complaint later and I'm now at week 51 so should get it beginning of jan 2016 

during the call to skoda they admitted all new orders are now 20 weeks plus due to demand

Yes, just spoke to them myself and they are saying anywhere between 15 and 25 weeks depending on spec.  Spoke with dealer straight after and they have checked todays update from Skoda UK and their bulletin is still saying 11-14 weeks.

Ordered Superb III L&K manual hatchback, end of August.

Confirmed it has arrived in the country and will be delivered to my door on the 18th November.

12 weeks start to finish, looks like I've been one of the lucky ones. :D

Yes, just spoke to them myself and they are saying anywhere between 15 and 25 weeks depending on spec.  Spoke with dealer straight after and they have checked todays update from Skoda UK and their bulletin is still saying 11-14 weeks.

11-14 weeks would be good!

11-14 weeks would be good!

Yes, my order has just gone to the factory today and 14 weeks would be perfect.  I placed the order with the dealer with a handover date of 1st March and they obviously were holding onto it until near the time before sending it off because they said if it arrives early then you have to take it early as Skoda insist we register it and not hold onto it.  They have sent the order today, with a required date of 1st March, but apparently it will be two weeks before I get a provisional build week as that is the period of time allocated for me to swap and change the order etc.

The dealer is hopeful that it will still be here for the 1st March.  Relieved that it is at least in the system now and the "should I insist it gets ordered" or "should I hold off is now over".

• Like 1

Just had confirmation from skoda that my car is provisonal build week 14!!!!!! Apparently it was 11 and has moved back out. Pretty annoyed about it considering it was orders 28th September and the only option are 19" wheels.

Just trying to work out plan b is going to be.

• Like 2

Had a message today from my dealer that build week was now 46, so that's this week! So should take delivery by early December. Ordered week 39.

Edited by philsmith

Hi

Ordered mine in the 3rd of October

Not had a a build week confirmed yet but is likely to be 2nd week of Jan 2016

Does it normally take over a month just to get a build week confirmed?

Cheers

I ordered mine a week after you but haven't received a build date but dealer saying I should get it December. What spec you gone for?

I had my first estimated build week about 14 working days after the order.

However, build weeks will always be all over the place during early production schedules. Going forward, going back.

Skoda is no better or worse than others in this respect. I was going to order another C class originally until I was told that it would be 20 weeks minimum and that was not guaranteed.

Even once initial demand settles there will always be glitches. A delivery from a supplier doesn't turn up on time or is rejected for quality, unexpected machinery downtime, bad weather disrupts supplies and so and so on. A large order from an important client lands on the schedule and guess what?

Most production schedules these days are computer generated and very much just in time stuff. Computers dont understand the emotion of ordering a new car and wanting to know exactly when you will get it :no: 

I think we all understand that if you order a new car that is also a new model it means no stock around. So nothing to choose from off the shelf as it were. There is bound to be more variation in those circumstances. You may get lucky but if you do it means someone else hasn't.

Isn't it ironic that Skoda being very open about those changing schedules actually raises emotions rather than settles them? Good luck to you all and I do hope you get your cars as soon as you would hope. Just don't put too much faith in those weekly build week updates eh!

• Like 2

Dealers will say whatever it takes to get the sale. Those with week 46 - are you sure it's 2015?

If someone offered me a decent lease deal on an Audi A6, I'd probably take it, but it's unlikely to happen!

Edited by thewinelake
  • Like 2

Just had confirmation from skoda that my car is provisonal build week 14!!!!!! Apparently it was 11 and has moved back out. Pretty annoyed about it considering it was orders 28th September and the only option are 19" wheels.

Just trying to work out plan b is going to be.

What engine have you ordered, Petrol or Diesel. My petrol ordered 18th of Sept has now been pushed back from wk 50 to wk 4 2016. I think my delay is due to the emissions problems with the 1.4 tsi act there seems to be a lot of these being delayed at the moment. 

Got a email from the dealer saying the car was built over the weekend so now its just a waiting game for it to be shipped to the dealer I guess ??

What engine have you ordered, Petrol or Diesel. My petrol ordered 18th of Sept has now been pushed back from wk 50 to wk 4 2016. I think my delay is due to the emissions problems with the 1.4 tsi act there seems to be a lot of these being delayed at the moment. 

I got the feeling when I spoke with Skoda UK that the delays were engine related.  Without knowing the full spec (i.e. any extras) he said that the only L&K that was 15 weeks was the 220 TSI DSG all others were 20 weeks - 25 weeks, I think that is the smallest petrol for the L&K with mainly diesels on offer.

I ordered mine a week after you but haven't received a build date but dealer saying I should get it December. What spec you gone for?

Hi

Have gone for the SE L 150 TDi hatch manual

Added a few bits;

- Park assist

- Metallic paint (white)

- Colour maxidot

- Pegasus alloys 

- Rear wiper

Fingers crossed I get it soon as the clutch on the way out on my old superb :)

It's a sel exec hatch with 150 Diesel and dsg. Moon white and Phoenix alloys. Leather is apparently the problem causing the delay.

Edited by jamiemad
  • Like 1

Hi

Ordered mine in the 3rd of October

Not had a a build week confirmed yet but is likely to be 2nd week of Jan 2016

Does it normally take over a month just to get a build week confirmed?

Cheers

Ordered mine on 7th August (BW 32) still awaiting a confirmed BW.  At present on BW 49 (unconfirmed) beginning of December, its normal to get a confirmed BW about two weeks before build.

Ordered mine on 7th August (BW 32) still awaiting a confirmed BW.  At present on BW 49 (unconfirmed) beginning of December, its normal to get a confirmed BW about two weeks before build.

Sorry I have no idea?

When they gave me the date it was very much a possibility rather than being certain. I think he said they are still waiting for a concrete confirmation

I am also guessing that when you have the build week there is still more time to be added in terms of shipping and dealer prep, so maybe another few weeks on top of that at least?

My problem is that my current car is in the process of dying so just hope it gets me through to the end of Jan, beginning of Feb 2016. The good thing is the dealer knows about my situation and have promised to be helpful :)

I am also guessing that when you have the build week there is still more time to be added in terms of shipping and dealer prep, so maybe another few weeks on top of that at least?

Yes the car can even sit in the port for a couple of weeks if it has just missed a boat.

Tweet from Skoda UK today saying my 1.4 has been built and is on route to port of exit... so doubt 1.4s are being pushed back.

• Like 1

Tweet from Skoda UK today saying my 1.4 has been built and is on route to port of exit... so doubt 1.4s are being pushed back.

Great news looking promising that all will be OK and they are not effected by the latest emissions scandal. Fingers crossed.

Can't wait for your in depth review of the car when you get it.

How did you get skoda to send you tweets on your cars progress.

Edited by woody3537