Superb Order tracker

Car has been built and is now at Emden reading for shipping....

Ordered    25/09/2015

Accepted  29/09/2015

Confirmed Buld week 50

Built on 6th/7th

Shipment date 23/12/2015

No idea why it takes 2 weeks to ship but looks like early January for me....so will be about about 15 weeks from start to finish. 

Well getting abit annoyed being told one thing by dealer and another by skoda uk and neither seem to be bothered by my annoyance, and lack of information flow.

Seriously debating walking away from deal, just not sure what to do.

After emailing them yesterday had a call from the dealer this morning to advise that my UNCONFIRMED (he kept emphasizing that!) Build Week is Week 1 2016.  Kinda what I expected from other's comments - order was on October 12th, and is a basic S hatch with a few extras.  Here's hoping everything keeps on track!

I suspect your dealer wants to register it in Jan. Mine was built on the same date and I took delivery a week and a half ago so seems a bit fishy.

You're prob spot on but I feel absolutely powerless... It's ridiculous.

Well getting abit annoyed being told one thing by dealer and another by skoda uk and neither seem to be bothered by my annoyance, and lack of information flow.

Seriously debating walking away from deal, just not sure what to do.

Question is - what would you get instead? Another one from a more interested dealer?

You're prob spot on but I feel absolutely powerless... It's ridiculous.

is the dealer local? Have you been there recently, I bet the car is sat in their compound already. Might be worth dropping in and checking. If it's there give them a mighty great kicking.

My dealer played me a bit but when I threw my toys out the pram they sorted it. Still found out my car had been sat with the dealer for 8 days before they registered it though.

Edited by Bugginbob

is the dealer local? Have you been there recently, I bet the car is sat in their compound already. Might be worth dropping in and checking. If it's there give them a mighty great kicking.

My dealer played me a bit but when I threw my toys out the pram they sorted it. Still found out my car had been sat with the dealer for 8 days before they registered it though.

Dealer in Leeds.. I live down south.

Interestingly, Skoda UK messaged me asking if I've now got my car!

• Like 1

Dealer in Leeds.. I live down south.

Interestingly, Skoda UK messaged me asking if I've now got my car!

I'm guessing DM Keith? Sounds about right! The octy id ordered that the order was cocked up on was with them for over a week and they still denied they had it. I decided to pay them a visit and it was sat on the forecourt. I do think they really play the system to suit thier targets/budgets...

I cannot think of any other circumstance where with such a large purchase you are treat with so little respect and care...

• Like 1

Ordered on 27th November 2015.

As mentioned in an earlier post "Combi 2016 L&K TSI 180 DSG7 ordered".

(Additional information listed that was not earlier mentioned.)

Car ordered

Model: Skoda SUPERB COMBI 2016 L&K TSI 180 (3V55PD)

Colour: Jungle Green Metallic (L2L2)

Upholstery: Native brown leather - beige headlining (BT)

Wheels: 18" Pegasus anthracite alloys

Factory Fitted Optional Equipment

4A4        Heated rear seats
PHB        Ventilated front seats
PK7        KESSY – Keyless entry and start system with Alarm
PNG       Assistance package – Smart Light Assist, Lane Assist, Blind Spot Detect, Rear Traffic Alert
RAC        MIB II AMUNDSEN including maps, navigation, 6.5” colour TFT touchscreen
WZ5       Tow bar package – Integrated tow bar, Rear view camera, Cargo net

Extra Equipment

​Winter Wheels: 17" friction tyres, Helios alloys

​Service and maintenance plan, including tyre change, (5 years or 100 000 km)

​Still awaiting preliminary build and delivery dates.

My brown SE L hatch got built last week and the dealer has emailed me today to say it's on a boat bound for its new home! With Christmas probably won't get it until Jan anyhow which is fine by me, saves me lossing a month of car tax.

Car was ordered on 28 September and order amended by me on 15 October for brown in place of business grey. Dealer estimated it to be delivered for mid Jan at the point of ordering and so it is turns out to be pretty much bang on.

Have had the attitude that it'll be here when it's here so not been badgering the dealer or SUK, and in return dealer has emailed me roughly every three weeks to keep me updated. Well done Westover Skoda Salisbury!

Edited by Leeboy
  • Like 1

With my 2.0tdi Business SE Estate now apparently in transit to the dealership it looks like I'm finally going to be able to get my mits on my new car this weekend. Been a long wait since I ordered at end August - just over 16 weeks.

• Like 4

I ordered Superb 2.0 TSI 280 L&K + all possible extras on September 10th. Till today (after more than 3 months) still no confirmed delivery or build date. Only estimated date of delivery of week 4 2016 but even that is not taken for granted. That means nearly 6 months from date of order to delivery. :swear: 

It seems that Skoda wasn't prepared for that much orders. First it slipped few weeks because of 240V socket, then because of panoramic roof, etc..

Was told that this order already has "priority" label on it.

6 months of "priority" waiting. Nice way to go Skoda. Maybe I'll have enough and just go looking for some other brand... :wall:

I ordered Superb 2.0 TSI 280 L&K + all possible extras on September 10th. Till today (after more than 3 months) still no confirmed delivery or build date. Only estimated date of delivery of week 4 2016 but even that is not taken for granted. That means nearly 6 months from date of order to delivery. :swear:

It seems that Skoda wasn't prepared for that much orders. First it slipped few weeks because of 240V socket, then because of panoramic roof, etc..

Was told that this order already has "priority" label on it.

6 months of "priority" waiting. Nice way to go Skoda. Maybe I'll have enough and just go looking for some other brand... :wall:

Maybe .... BUT what and how much will you pay ? Its a popular car. I knew it was going to be that's why I got my order in early and I've been driving it for weeks ;-)

• Like 1

To be fair to Igor, ordering on the 10th Sept is not exactly late and shouldn't warrant the delays incurred. I ordered on the 18th Sept and mine is being built next week which I find completely reasonable (it includes tow bar, and sunroof). there are others who have ordered later than me and have their cars (or in the process of having them shipped). There appears to be little logic, other than the extras Igor has requested has causing the delay, but 6 months is not acceptable IMO,

• Like 2

To be fair to Igor, ordering on the 10th Sept is not exactly late and shouldn't warrant the delays incurred. I ordered on the 18th Sept and mine is being built next week which I find completely reasonable (it includes tow bar, and sunroof). there are others who have ordered later than me and have their cars (or in the process of having them shipped). There appears to be little logic, other than the extras Igor has requested has causing the delay, but 6 months is not acceptable IMO,

Yeah I agree and even us early adopters had a wide span of delivery dates. However I don't agree with 6 months is not acceptable. I'm sure Skoda are building the cars as fast as they can after all it's in their interest ! They cant be expected to bump up everyone who throws their dummy out of the pram.

I remember some of the Superb 2 owners having similar waits so it's not an unexpected phenomenon.

Like others have said no point bitching about it either vote with your wallet or enjoy Briskoda while waiting :sun:

• Like 2

I would agree with you Booble, I ordered mine the same day as you but my build week is week 2 2016 (not confirmed) and I believe its going to be closer to 6 months for me as well before I get the car, It is very frustrating to have to wait all this time when others have ordered well after me and will be getting there cars before xmas. I haven't even got any real extras other than parking sensors and rear wiper so I don't know why mine has been so  badly delayed. But in fairness my dealer did tell me it could be 6 months for the car so I was a bit more prepared for the wait, but it is still killing me.

This is the first new car I have ever had so I'm really not use to waiting for a car. But to think about canceling now would be madness after waiting so long, And lets face it no matter where you go you will be in for a long wait anyway. So Igor I know its hard but hang in there its all going to be worth it.

• Like 2

Update from dealer, car arrived in port late this morning and Eddie Stobbart will have it at the dealer tomorrow before noon!!!

Fastest ever shipping to delivery at dealers? So will have it before Christmas. Now to get on line and sort out plate transfer :)

Edited by Leeboy
  • Like 3

Update from dealer, car arrived in port late this morning and Eddie Stobbart will have it at the dealer tomorrow before noon!!!

Fastest ever shipping to delivery at dealers? So will have it before Christmas. Now to get on line and sort out plate transfer :)

Thats is super fast gosh might give my dealer a ring tomorrow and see whats the latest lol