Superb Order tracker

Confused! When I spoke to SUK on Monday they said my car was unconfirmed BW6 and mentioned the 1st February which I have to say I thought was week 7. Spoke to the dealer today and they confirmed the information given by SUK.

1st Feb is week 4!!

1st March is wk 8

Edited by thewinelake

There was a comment on a thread, maybe even this one, that the L&K isn't selling well compared to the SEL Exec and that priority was being given to the latter because of it. SEL Exec is pretty good spec so prob why IMHO...

Yep I said it. This is what i was told by my dealer which got this from the factory. Basically they are grouping orders together based on spec and they have said that the L&K's will be built around week 11. I think this might have something to do also with the issue with supplies of the standard L&K 18" Alloys which won't be available until week 11.

I asked if I changed the spec of my car would this improve things but they said that my order might get pushed to the back of the queue. So I am going to sit tight

• Like 1

I have been advised to get a spare wheel instead of the repair kit but the dealer says it will probably change the build week, so decided to stay as it is. The £100 option can be purchased on its own for £168 though.

Yep I said it. This is what i was told by my dealer which got this from the factory. Basically they are grouping orders together based on spec and they have said that the L&K's will be built around week 11. I think this might have something to do also with the issue with supplies of the standard L&K 18" Alloys which won't be available until week 11.

I asked if I changed the spec of my car would this improve things but they said that my order might get pushed to the back of the queue. So I am going to sit tight

My L&K has a confirmed BW03 however I'm having 19" Wheels so that may be why!

All this misunderstanding on the week numbers is down the the difference in the european and american week numbers standards

American works with the 1st January in week 1

European is the first week with 4 or more days on January is week 1. This means in Europe (until David changes it) week 1 started Monday 4th Jan, with today Thursday 14th Jan in week 2. 

In 2015 it was not an issue, but in 2016 Europe and American systems are out. If you look at Microsoft system they will tell you the american week numbers unless you set them correctly.

A I work with a multi national company with plants in the states and the Far East (they work to the American system) it becomes an issue, so most of the time you are better to work to week beginning or ending

My car that was build on the 6th of Jan, is still waiting at Emden for a boat to bring it to the UK, they don't know when it will be shipped but looks like I have at least another two weeks, part of me hopes it is delayed and the car doesn't get here until mid fed cos then the dealership will hold registering it until March and I could have it as a 16 plate, (they will only do this for a max of 2 weeks though) That is allowing that I could wait, knowing jt was just down the road and i could have it at any time.

Getting close now, very excited.

Your dealer sells them. I got one, as part of the deal, in the same colour as the real car. I have a model of every Skoda I've had :)

Lucky you -- no chance of that at our dealer ! I asked the factory if they knew of any models of the Mk3 . they replied that to their knowledge non made . So following a post on here about SUPERSKODA  I visited their web site . To my surprise i found scale models of a lot of Skoda's -- including the one i was looking for ! As they had a special offer on i ordered ( as i thought ) 1 to find i have -er- ordered 2 ! not to worry.

Cost -- Euros 15.69 each

Post,- Euros 9.99

As the invoice is in Chez.........

The models are made in China for Skoda Ltd  Seems a case at the factory of the left hand/right hand.....

Web site ,-  http://www.superskoda.com

cheers david

Edited by david 1220
  • Like 1

Just picked up my SEL this morning. Only 8 mile journey home but everything is great, ACC, start stop working as expected. Discovered that I have puddle lights and little lights on the inside handle, even though I do not have light package

Edited by ant2ant
  • Like 1

Just picked up my SEL this morning. Only 8 mile journey home but everything is great, ACC, start stop working as expected. Discovered that I have puddle lights and little lights on the inside handle, even though I do not have light package

Enjoy it pal!

And yep you get the lights as standard on SEL but they should be LED instead of halogen with the package upgrade

Edited by Dilz

Good news, received email from Dealer today saying that car will be built w/comm 26.01.2016. He had confirmed it was going to be week 5.

Just hope it does not change

Still looks like a 16 plate with the deliveries mentioned.

Hi you all,

Ordered a fully specced Superb L&K 4x4 190TDI DSG the 13th of August. Car built week 51. Picked up the car 15.01.16.

Options beyond the L&K spec in Norway:

• Black magic pearl and brown leather interior
  • Pano sunroof
  • Ventilated seats
  • Spare wheel
  • Kessy with alarm
  • Back seat package (it is only the tablet holder) 
  • Gear shift paddles (paddle shift)
  • Handsfree Bluetooth Premium with SIM-k and Phone Box
  • Tow bar
  • Electrical control of passenger seat from back seat
  • Variable boot floor 
  • SmartGate
  • Sun curtain for rear windows
  • Partition net

Didn't order:

• Isofix for front seats
  • Electrical heated front window

I am coming from a Superb 2 which was fully specced at the time, but it was only a 140TDI. The Superb 3 is in another league. It is utterly Superb.

How do I upload pictures by the way?

Edited by Superb L&K

Car is at dealers. Dealer has agreed to loan me demo car in Feb so mine can be registered for 16 plate.

Not liking the extra wait but like the idea of getting a 16 plate..6 weeks and counting!

That sounds remarkably generous of them! Presumably the wait is your choice in order to get a car that depreciates a little less?

The wait was suggested by the dealer first. My assumption is to help play with sales figures? I did want it a asap to be fair as borrowing discovery off family until mine was ready. It's costing a fortune to run. Any how, have to give the disco back in Feb so dealer offered to loan me car to allow me to wait till March. Most appreciated, seems win win for all. Dealer has been good from point of order, will be writing review once car collected on them.