Superb Order tracker

Hi,

Asked Honest John ( daily telegraph ) if he make up for Skoda U.k. 's lack of information -- the answer,--

Honest John commented on your post.   537450_458533677529584_1473549666_n.jpg?     Honest John 4 February at 17:25   Hi David, we're spoken to Skoda UK and been told that the delays are due to demand far exceeding initial expectations. There's also longer wait for high trim models and hatchback versions too...Regards, HJ Team   aL-TjjYppK9.png Like pydUbhpFodk.png Comment

Edited by david 1220

Hello everyone.

Ordered my car on the 2nd January and just been told via email that it has entered the factory today.

After hearing so many stories of frustration on here regarding delivery times, I am staggered at the speed of that.

I know that won't help anyone who has been waiting ages......sorry about that..... :dance:  :happy: .

Hello everyone.

Ordered my car on the 2nd January and just been told via email that it has entered the factory today.

After hearing so many stories of frustration on here regarding delivery times, I am staggered at the speed of that.

I know that won't help anyone who has been waiting ages......sorry about that..... :dance:  :happy: .

what spec and any extras?

SEL Executive 1.4 Tsi ACT Metallic, LED Package Plus, Park Assist.

well done ! You didn't go for the beige leather then? Seems to a cause of delay

Spoke to SCS UK (not the furniture shop although I wonder if I would get it quicker...) this afternoon and mine has moved forward a mighty week from 20 to 19. So at least it is moving in the right direction. Ordered L&K.

Is it just customer services you call? May give that a go.

Edit- Actually decided not to be lazy and spent 5 seconds on Google!

Edited by JimK8

Well, it's unconfirmed week 17, order having gone in on 25th Jan (week 3...?), so seems reasonable. Hopefully it will come forward rather than be pushed backwards!

Well, it's unconfirmed week 17, order having gone in on 25th Jan (week 3...?), so seems reasonable. Hopefully it will come forward rather than be pushed backwards!

You ordered a week before me, so hopefully mine will be built at around the same time! I've ordered an L&K though, which has a longer lead time I understand...it could well be the summer before I see mine!

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

You ordered a week before me, so hopefully mine will be built at around the same time! I've ordered an L&K though, which has a longer lead time I understand...it could well be the summer before I see mine!

Depends on which two days of the year Summer is on !

• Like 1

Well my flabber is gasted ! Sent Email two days ago to SUK -- no reply but this afternoon a phone call !  Lady informed me our provisional build week ( 18 ) i am afraid i made the most of the moment ---- told her my thoughts on SUK & its communication ( or lack of ) with customers. She was somewhat taken aback when i pointed out the Order forum on here had passed the 100,000 visits. I further pointed out the lack of feedback from SUK was causing rumors & speculation and SUK would do well to keep customers in the picture of whats going on. We agreed that SUK will ring me once a fortnight......................

Said she would pass on my comments.............

Edited by david 1220

Yeah mine is an es business estate, so in theory should be a bit quicker.....in theory lol

So cheesed off with hearing that customers who have ordered as recently as Jan can mange to get a car build within a few weeks yet there are number of ordered customer who have been waiting since at least October 15 and are still awaiting a confirmed build week. Looks like enhancing the complaint to the dealer level think it's been long enough and they are now in breach of there supply contract which stated supply by Jan 16.

Hmmmm money back I think if nothing changes, all be it all that stops me cancelling so far is the stupidly good finance deal they have.

Edited by Sevlow8

So cheesed off with hearing that customers who have ordered as recently as Jan can mange to get a car build within a few weeks yet there are number of ordered customer who have been waiting since at least October 15 and are still awaiting a confirmed build week. Looks like enhancing the complaint to the dealer level think it's been long enough and they are now in breach of there supply contract which stated supply by Jan 16.

Hmmmm money back I think if nothing changes, all be it all that stops me cancelling so far is the stupidly good finance deal they have.

Er yes --- which year ? :yawn:

After reading the comments on here I've kind of resigned myself to a long wait. My dealer should update me with my order some time next week. I feel everyone's frustrations, especially those who have been waiting months already and found that others who have ordered after them are getting build dates already.

Fortunately my existing car is only 3 years old, and being a Hyundai, is still under warranty for another two years. The only problem is that it's depreciating while I wait! But I can see that others are in a less fortunate situation and the delay means more than just waiting for a shiny new car.

I hope that we all get good news soon!

• Like 1

Ordered a SE Business 150 Combi in Candy White on 7th Dec, advise 14 - 16 weeks at time of ordering from Simpsons.

Been told today that its being built next week so just in time for delivery with 16 plate

Have received a weekly update from them, pleased with service provided

• Like 1

After reading the comments on here I've kind of resigned myself to a long wait. My dealer should update me with my order some time next week. I feel everyone's frustrations, especially those who have been waiting months already and found that others who have ordered after them are getting build dates already.

Fortunately my existing car is only 3 years old, and being a Hyundai, is still under warranty for another two years. The only problem is that it's depreciating while I wait! But I can see that others are in a less fortunate situation and the delay means more than just waiting for a shiny new car.

I hope that we all get good news soon!

Just out of interest, can I ask how you got on with the i40, I considered the i40 when looking at new cars, the 5 year warranty was vey tempting.

It's a nice car, comfortable and quiet, and there's a lot of kit for the money. On the premium model, things like panoramic sunroof and parking camera is standard. There's a facelift model now which has improved things further. I only didn't go for another one because of the lack of ACC, which won me over on the Superb test drive.

It's a nice car, comfortable and quiet, and there's a lot of kit for the money. On the premium model, things like panoramic sunroof and parking camera is standard. There's a facelift model now which has improved things further. I only didn't go for another one because of the lack of ACC, which won me over on the Superb test drive.

Interesting, my son purchased the new i10 1.2 Petrol Premium last year, he is in the RAF and just wanted a small run around, its the second one he has had, it is a fantastic little car, cost him just over £10K, it has cruise control, elec adjustable & heated mirrors, bluetooth, front & rear elec windows, air con, I'm looking after it for him whilst he is out of the country, drives really well, great value for money, very impressed.

• Like 1

Interesting, my son purchased the new i10 1.2 Petrol Premium last year, he is in the RAF and just wanted a small run around, its the second one he has had, it is a fantastic little car, cost him just over £10K, it has cruise control, elec adjustable & heated mirrors, bluetooth, front & rear elec windows, air con, I'm looking after it for him whilst he is out of the country, drives really well, great value for money, very impressed.

When I was made redundant, after having had company cars for as long as I can remember, I bought an i10 with just delivery miles for about £7000. It was a great little car and bigger on the inside that you would think. Ended up with a new job the far side of Taunton and driving from Bristol and back every day. It coped very well on the motorway and in some respects I was sorry to see it go, once I was given a company car again.

When I was made redundant, after having had company cars for as long as I can remember, I bought an i10 with just delivery miles for about £7000. It was a great little car and bigger on the inside that you would think. Ended up with a new job the far side of Taunton and driving from Bristol and back every day. It coped very well on the motorway and in some respects I was sorry to see it go, once I was given a company car again.

Like Skoda, Hyundai have come along way, I would have loved to be able to step up to the Santa Fe Premium but at nearly £39K it was outside what I was prepared to spend on a car.

My New Superb has been purchased for my retirement at the end of the year, I wanted value for money with near top spec, my SEL Exec has given me that for a very competitive price, and nearly £14K cheaper than the Santa FE.