The Superb III Picture thread

Only got this one photo so far after it’s Crystal Serum application (they have taken several others which I will add when they email them to me.

IMG_1351_zpsix5t6qcr.jpg

So does it look any better?

OOOHHH YES!!

How does this stuff fare with the hand car wash people? Will the chemicals they use take it off?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

How does this stuff fare with the hand car wash people? Will the chemicals they use take it off?

Would be interested to know also, ordered a petrol blue and I know the colour will change pending the weather so would be nice to have a nice gleam to the car...

Would be interested to know also, ordered a petrol blue and I know the colour will change pending the weather so would be nice to have a nice gleam to the car...

According to Gtechniq ... VERY well:

What does it do?

Crystal Serum is an unbeaten paint protection product. It provides ceramic protection with previously unachievable levels of gloss, durability, scratch and chemical resistance.

The composite structure offers ultimate safeguard, plus the same slick finish and candy-like gloss as the very best carnauba waxes. 

With a 9h top and softer 7h base layer (based on the pencil hardness test), Serum offers improved swirl resistance over regular 9h coatings. It forms a thick combined film which greatly reduces surface hazing and improves gloss.

When your car is cleaned, even the harshest wash chemicals will not dull your gloss, as Crystal Serum is resistant to chemicals from pH2 to pH13. And on top of that, contaminants like bird droppings are easy to remove and will not harm a car’s clear coat.

As well as chemicals, it is unaffected by extreme heat changes, even from -40 to +250 degrees Celsius and offers exceptional UV protection which prevents premature dulling.

Really liking my 280's colour and wheels now.pics to prove jungle green works(to me anyway).some really nice looking cars on this forum,skoda done well me thinks.kevin.

Jungle green looks good to me well based on those pics its does!

Still trying to get a peak at my car before handover :sweat:

According to Gtechniq ... VERY well

Gizmo, I think I may just follow your suit here as the car looks phenomenal. Plus, I've been reading more about the dealer offered Autoglym Lifeshine and not the best reviews (despite Neil's discount offer to £200), so I may just bump up the price for the premium of what you've got!

Did you have to take your car all the way East to them at KDS or do you know if they can apply the serum at dealerships before collection like other detailers do?

I took my car to them, it’s not a 5 min application process, there are 4 coats needing to be applied and they need to wait 12 hours between coats, during the curing process the car cannot get wet!

You may find a detailer more local to you, but the fact that KDS has customers travelling from all over the country (and Europe I believe) to use them must surely say something to how good they are.

I have seen Kelly (the owner of KDS) rough up a ‘scrap’ bonnet to show his polishing technique, he then used a brand new pad on his polisher and proceeded to make the bonnet look better than a new cars paintwork, the polish he used to do this.... WATER (and nothing else) proving that 90% of detailing is all about the person doing it and just 10% the products he uses.

I have no connection to KDS whatsoever apart from attending one of his detailing days and then getting him to repair and paint some accident damage on SWMBO’s TT.

Personally given a choice (he chooses not to do insurance work) I would not go elsewhere for ANYTHING needing to be done to the bodywork

So it turned out my guess was correct, here he/she is with cover off.

IMAG1075_zpsj6qsltla.jpg

Unfortunately the weather was foul this morning in Salisbury so car got a soaking and then had to go and finish the Christmas shopping (which has been easy as pie today, no major car park queues and neither at the checkouts).

Later however the sun came out over Portsmouth so took some camera phone pics at Portsdown Hill

IMAG1084_1_zpsq13u1g8w.jpg

IMAG1082_1_zpsnkorm5hx.jpg

IMAG1081_1_zpsnmasl1ks.jpg

IMAG1078_1_zpsi8aum90x.jpg

The magnetic brown has such a deep lacquer and flake to it, looks super in low-in-the-sky sunshine

IMAG1079_zpsayclq7qc.jpg

Really nice drive on 17" wheels and the 1.4 tsi 150 engine is super quiet. It's lovely :)

Looks mint Leeboy nice touch by the dealer.  Glad you've posted pics as i'm getting 1.4 dsg se with zeus wheels and it's hard to find some real life photos and your pics have really boosted my original thougths on the wheels as think they look great.  Love the brown really shows up well in your photos.  Nice Christmas present to yourself - have a good one.

• Like 1

Thought it was about time I gave her a wash (as I had to do the rest of the fleet today).. Found a wee stone chip on the front bumper   :sweat:

post-133411-0-86953500-1451663878_thumb.jpg

post-133411-0-97928900-1451663890_thumb.jpg

post-133411-0-95515000-1451663899_thumb.jpg

post-133411-0-20531300-1451663908_thumb.jpg

post-133411-0-00896700-1451663917_thumb.jpg

post-133411-0-27813800-1451663926_thumb.jpg

Jstallan looks great and I'm liking the Zeus alloys!

I must admit they are growing on me after the enforced change in alloys by Skoda. Hoping to pick mine up in a few weeks time. Built and on route with Zeus alloys.

Are you pleased with these alloys? First choice or enforced?

• Like 1

Jstallan looks great and I'm liking the Zeus alloys!

I must admit they are growing on me after the enforced change in alloys by Skoda. Hoping to pick mine up in a few weeks time. Built and on route with Zeus alloys.

Are you pleased with these alloys? First choice or enforced?

Thanks. Yes, I'm pleased with then and I opted for them when I ordered the car - not a great fan of multi-spoke wheels, just with then were a little larger to fill the arch better. 

Can someone post a pic of a quartz grey superb III please. I have one on order and just want to make sure the coulour is the right choice with beige leather interior (style model as i am in ireland)

I also ordered quartz grey + beige ventilated leather + 18'' grey pegasus and can not find pictures/reviews of this exact combination. But I found some reviews/pictures that do the job:

Link to quartz grey Superb  review with black alcantara interior:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFKJKYz9e60

Link to quarty grey Superb + beige alcantara:

http://ww3.autoscout24.de/classified/274298851?asrc=st|as

Link to NL forum with pictures in the middle of the page:

http://www.skodaforum.nl/forum/i/nieuwe-superb-3-2015-topic.23065/page-82

Some pics:

DSC_0338.jpg

11-IMG_2568.jpg

Edited by IgorDeLuxe
  • Like 1

Can someone post a pic of a quartz grey superb III please. I have one on order and just want to make sure the coulour is the right choice with beige leather interior (style model as i am in ireland)

There is a quartz grey (I think!) Superb 111 Style in  Donohoes Skoda Enniscorthy showroom, not too far a drive from you.

There was also a light grey outside (With dark leather interior), so was easy to compare the two.

The showroom car has the beige leather.

Looked a lovely colour combination, the only thing we thought not quite right was the silver interior trim, but thats a personal thing.

The  Sales Manager mentioned this could be easily changed to a darker colour, or wood effect.

The Sales Manager mentioned this could be easily changed to a darker colour, or wood effect.

That's interesting. I didn't think that wood effect was an option anymore? I have a nice light brown wood effect on my Mk II L&K and I don't like the piano black on the MkIII which would really put me off if I was to go for one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

That's interesting. I didn't think that wood effect was an option anymore? I have a nice light brown wood effect on my Mk II L&K and I don't like the piano black on the MkIII which would really put me off if I was to go for one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure if he was talking about a factory option, sounded more like an in house option :D