The Superb III Picture thread

17 hours ago, Bap33 said:

Do you intend to "paint" the chrome trim around side windows also in black (with plastidip), to get a 'full black' look?

To be honest, I had not yet considered a full black look on side windows!

Edited by Roscio

8 hours ago, Roscio said:

Yes, bbk... for now it only has a stage 1 remap but next month I should be able to complete my stage 3 project

What should the 'final' configuration of your next Stage 3? You're teasing our curiosity! 😉

19 hours ago, Bap33 said:

What should the 'final' configuration of your next Stage 3? You're teasing our curiosity! 😉

big turbo, downpipe, new air intake system, bigger intercooler, low pressure fuel pump, hpfp... but for now i don't know the exact "final" configuration. First i have to discover how it works without port injection, then i have to decide if try to install port injection on my DNUA engine or go for bigger fuel injectors.
For now it seems nobody has added port injection on DNU engine.
Will start with low power map, say 430-440 hp. In any case in final configuration I don't want to exceed 500 hp and 570-580 nm, that i think is max output for this stock engine keeping a minimum of reliability!

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Paul007 said:

Original wheels were nicer I think

You can see them on pictures #5 en #6, taken by the dealer. They could be 'Triton' or 'Zeus' model in 17". Not easy to see.

I assume @Grap will keep them for winter tyres... ;) 

Those black rims 18" Propus Aero  are default L&K rims in Finland. I hated them first very much but now I think I like it.

Those basic 17" Triton are for winter tyres..

Edited by Grap
  • Like 1

We’ve got the Propus Aero time (though in 17”, not 18”) on our Scala as well. Took some time to get used to them, but I really like them now. They’re relatively easy to clean as well.

Our neighbours are having a new kitchen installed and the fitters are cutting the woodwork on their drive, next to my previously clean car! 

They have apologised and offered to pay to have it washed but it'll give me something to do.

IMG_20200508_152958.jpg

38 minutes ago, Bap33 said:

Not far from 'Nogaro blue' from Audi RS2 Avant in the '90s... Not that bad! ;) 

I like it! 

That's exactly what i thought when ordering mine 🙂 I didn't have any room in the budget, so "Free" Nogaro blue was a good compromise.

Unfortunately as i have just found out, some people used my front bumper as a parking sensor, so i have a nice assortment of scrapes on the left side near the wheel arch. Another 200€ in the bin that i will never get back...

Edited by Zoig
  • Sad 3

32 minutes ago, Zoig said:

some people used my front bumper as a parking sensor, so i have a nice assortment of scrapes on the left side near the wheel arch.

Filthy b*st4rds!

Sorry for you.

Edited by Bap33
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Bill_Tango said:

imageproxy.php?img=&key=00da0a65627968c12020 Energy blue Superb f/l (yes that free color :(( )

20191227_115411.jpg

20191218_125645.jpg

Beats the grey “Free” colour in my book. The grey isn’t awful but I think the Blue is nicer. Shame manufacturers don’t do red non metallic as a free option as I think Bright Red is the best looking non metallic of them all.

Might be as red paint unusually is translucent (painted over light primer so your seeing the light reflected from the primer coloured by the top coat.