VCDS options on Superb III

1 hour ago, orukas said:

I have Superb 2016 (Superb 2016 5Q0 955 547 A) and the RLHS code is 1EA8DD, not 0088DF as you mentioned in the post above. Can I use 3СА8D2 ?

Tere!
this coding works for me, but absolutely unclear which byte does exactly what 😞
on Russian board talked about change last byte and second byte described as id of car brand.
on OBDeleven board by the same coding section they trying to activate `Window closing at the Rain` and second + third bytes described as married
http://forum.obdeleven.com/thread/1553/rain-closing-windows

i tried change second byte to Škoda's '88', but then as third byte isn't accepted 'D2', changed to 'D0'

On 23/12/2019 at 01:19, MartiniB said:

Weren't happy about Xenons switched automatically off only in summer months
by my taste that aren't so dark time - Riga 14:35 no the darkest December day

G8AAAgHPOeA-960.jpg

14:39

QyAAAgHPOeA-960.jpg

on Russian Tiguan's(MQB) forum found coding for that
https://www.drive2.ru/l/498312139799265393/
https://forum.tiguans.ru/showthread.php?p=1824068#post1824068
Controller 09 - Central Electronics
_ _ Long coding
_ _ Subsystem: RLHS
_ _ _ _ old: 1EA8DD (Tiguan 5Q0 955 547 B )
_ _ _ _ old: 00885D (Octavia)
_ _ _ _ old: 0088DF (Superb 2016 5Q0 955 547 A)
_ _ _ _ new:
_ _ _ _ 3СА8DD — DRL switches to Xenon about at 1200lx
_ _ _ _ 3CA8D7 — DRL switches to Xenon about at 800lx
_ _ _ _ 3СА8D2 — DRL switches to Xenon almost by sunset times

i choose last one

also have changed temperature threshold when ice warning comes
Adaptation
_ _ Control unit: 17 Dash Board
_ _ Name: outside_temperature
_ _ Values:
_ _ _ _ p_ice_warning_entry_temperature:
_ _ _ _ _ _ Old value: 4 °C
_ _ _ _ _ _ New value: 2 °C
_ _ _ _ _ p_ice_warning_exit_temperature:
_ _ _ _ _ _ Old value: 6 °C
_ _ _ _ _ _ New value: 3 °C

I have an MY19 Superb and the old code was 00084D. I have changed it to 3CA8D2 and it seems to be turning the lights on later. But it’s especially noticeable as when the headlights are not switched to auto the headlight warning doesn’t come up on the dash so early. 

12 hours ago, aratic said:

the headlight warning doesn’t come up on the dash so early

haven't had ever notification "Turn On The Lights",
to activate it have tried all of these, without success 😞

30AAAgHPOeA-960.jpg

On 03/01/2020 at 23:13, Bap33 said:

Never had such notification too.

Because you have light switch on AUTO.

this notification comes up only if you do not have lights turned on and go into dark space.

19 hours ago, mtl said:

Because you have light switch on AUTO.

this notification comes up only if you do not have lights turned on and go into dark space.

My lights r always on OFF, as I manually turn them on (to Auto) when needed.

....still no notifications.  

I don't know if having side lights on, which I usually do when it's dusk,  affects the notification.

3 hours ago, JR RS said:

still no notifications

i'm guessing, this message depends on type of dashboard -
AID(Virtual Panel) has while Maxidots haven't

i have also switched off DRL for position `0`
Enabling DRLs only on AUTO
Controller 09 — Central Electronics
16 — Security Access — 31347
10 — Adaptations
(9)-Daytime running lights-Tagfahrlicht nur in Schalterstellung AUTO — change to active

Yes, because if you go into dark with analog cluster without your lights turned on, the cluster backlight will dim ;), which is enough warning to turn on the headlights.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, everybody,

since the windshield was properly frozen a few days ago and therefore the Lane-Assist, Dynamic Highbeam Assist and traffic sign recognition were temporarily unavailable, the message that the Lane-Assist is currently unavailable now appears "only" at every start. The error cannot be cleared either and is displayed as "Control unit defective" as if it were firmly clamped in the camera's control unit. But the dynamic High-Beam Assist and traffic sign recognition work.
Does anyone know this phenomenon with a subsequently coded Lane-Assist according to the above instructions?

• 3 weeks later...
23 hours ago, petipele said:

hello guys.

How to change heated seat temperature in vcds?

Thank you! :)

It’s in here: 

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=3AE6945C79E4C9E!17729&authkey=!AMn8y885S2R-6Xg&page=View&wd=target(3V - Superb 3.one|b5b8384b-4cd1-4b87-9ddc-37d4ad210360%2FAnpassung Sitzheizung|f2a917f6-297d-4c3f-88be-fe83b9783395%2F)

You wil have to brush up on your German. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey. I would like the fog lights off during turning and reversing. Has anyone done and how to program? The car looks stupid ..
Driver seat memory not saved, can I do something about it? VCDS enabled .

On ‎21‎/‎09‎/‎2015 at 10:51, mtl said:

The intention of fog light is to be an early sign that somebody is in front of you. And for this one fog light is enough. When you come closer you get info that it is not motorbike, since you can see normal rear lights.

In my country a lot of people turn on rear fog lights also when they are not needed, for example when it is raining. And in this situation two rear fog lights are much worse than only one.

I am sure, that car manufacturers would not go for one rear fog light if it would not be enough for the function that should perform.

Two reasons for a pair of lights (any lights not just fogs).

1 to illuminate a wider area

2 so if one bulb blows you still have light and can be see and be seen)

1 doesn't apply to Fogs as your not using them to illuminate an area but 2 still applies, redundancy is always good so a blown bulb (or LED) doesn't leave you being hit in fog.

Only reason for a single fog is cost saving or on cars that use the same space on the other side for a reversing light.

Why you would ever have two lights and only use one in Coding ???? No cost saved just bizarre.

I'm hoping to get my Superb Mk3 L&K 4x4 (2018) coded tomorrow to use the improved Audi throttle setting, however there is a suggestion that this might have a side-effect of disabling ACC.  Can anyone confirm or refute this?  I don't really want to lose ACC.

Are there any other known side-effects to otherwise working mods?

39 minutes ago, mulsoft said:

I never noticed any side effect on ACC but to be honest, that setting doesn't do much. You are better off with a pedal box.

Thanks. I’ve looked at pedal boxes, but I’d rather try the simple options first.

On 21/02/2020 at 18:11, cjs94 said:

I'm hoping to get my Superb Mk3 L&K 4x4 (2018) coded tomorrow to use the improved Audi throttle setting, however there is a suggestion that this might have a side-effect of disabling ACC.  Can anyone confirm or refute this?  I don't really want to lose ACC.

Are there any other known side-effects to otherwise working mods?

I have done this mod, on mine, but still have the ACC. The throttle response is still ****, and this ruins the whole car for me!