VCDS options on Superb III

Guest matisere

hello,

do you think that we can change the sensor 5Q0955547B (RLHS) by a 5Q0955547 (RLFS) to be able to reactivate the closure of the windows in case of rain.

On 13/04/2017 at 18:10, mitchec said:

Managed to enable the following 

Enabled Traffic Sign recognition.
Enabled high beam assist.Works great
Enable refuel quantity in the Maxidot.

Enabled Driving mode in Maxidot
Enable rear lights with DRL’s.
Enable DRL's in Menu.
Changed Ambient lighting from warm white to red. Looks great.
Changed throttle response to Audi. didn't notice any difference so switched back

Can you make a tutorial please?

On 10/09/2019 at 22:10, matisere said:

hello,

do you think that we can change the sensor 5Q0955547B (RLHS) by a 5Q0955547 (RLFS) to be able to reactivate the closure of the windows in case of rain.

Also interested in this, since I have a sunroof it would be a nice feature.

2 hours ago, Mustafa3521 said:

I have noticed that high beam assist works starting at 60 km/h is it possible to adjust to a lower speed?

No one has been able to successfully change this, let alone find where/how this is stored - even with the Octavia, or the VW cousins.

That said, there r two known speed thresholds, depending on country/market.

The common 60 km/h.

The rare 40 km/h.

Mine activates at 40+.

Whereas others here, Skoda or VW, activates at 60+.

Don't know if it's to do with my SLA retrofit which required a different parameter file for the 4B module.

1 hour ago, JR RS said:

No one has been able to successfully change this, let alone find where/how this is stored - even with the Octavia, or the VW cousins.

That said, there r two known speed thresholds, depending on country/market.

The common 60 km/h.

The rare 40 km/h.

Mine activates at 40+.

Whereas others here, Skoda or VW, activates at 60+.

Don't know if it's to do with my SLA retrofit which required a different parameter file for the 4B module.

I would love to change mine to 40kph too. or even 30. But I checked a lot of web sites / modules through odb etc and couldn't find the option. 

Guest matisere
On 10/09/2019 at 23:10, matisere said:

hello,

I changed my RLHS into RLFS.

Now 'closing rain' function works, but only with the windows. Sunroof doesn't close.

Someone have an idea?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Has anyone already tested how to make the Stop & Start system less sensitive?

The Start/stop start voltage limit is currently set to 7,6V (stock value). I know that setting it to 12V completely disables the S&S.

Thus, I was envisionning to set it to 9.5 or 10V and then tune if necessary.

What do you think?

Note: The question is not "shall I fully disable the S&S?" Thanks... ;) 

On 29/09/2019 at 00:09, Bap33 said:

Hi,

Has anyone already tested how to make the Stop & Start system less sensitive?

The Start/stop start voltage limit is currently set to 7,6V (stock value). I know that setting it to 12V completely disables the S&S.

Thus, I was envisionning to set it to 9.5 or 10V and then tune if necessary.

What do you think?

Note: The question is not "shall I fully disable the S&S?" Thanks... ;) 

I have done this using Carista.

It works as desired but depending on your driving distances etc the start/stop system may still never work with this setting.

I find that when driving locally it never works, but then do 50miles+ on the motorway, come off the slip road to traffic lights and the start/stop system will work.

• Thanks 1

Hi, 

I'm really interested in "eyelash'es" of my front headlights. My S3 MY16 has got SLA, so it suppose to be easy task to make it shine, but all tutorials are made with older vcds software versions. Does anybody could explain how to do this with vcds 18.9, please? 1st problem is that i'm dont know german language, 2nd problem is representation of chanel list in 09 block is completely different (i. e. IDE*****-ENG*****-*** or etc.). 

Thanks for everybody in advace. 

50 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

18.9 is out of date 

Thank you for quick response, but my question would be does it changes anything? I mean what is the difference between 18.9 and 19.6? At the moment, i'm thinking about downgrading to 17.x (if it's possible), because with newer version it became much more complicated than ever before.

10 hours ago, laimuxx said:

Hi, 

I'm really interested in "eyelash'es" of my front headlights. My S3 MY16 has got SLA, so it suppose to be easy task to make it shine, but all tutorials are made with older vcds software versions. Does anybody could explain how to do this with vcds 18.9, please? 1st problem is that i'm dont know german language, 2nd problem is representation of chanel list in 09 block is completely different (i. e. IDE*****-ENG*****-*** or etc.). 

Thanks for everybody in advace. 

I'm pretty sure I used 18.9 to code my eyelashes.

Use the search function - don't go by the IDExxxx numbers 

Screenshot_20191004-073226.thumb.png.625554e34dcdca7e60e012f6c00d388a.png

• 3 weeks later...
On 20/09/2019 at 20:55, matisere said:

I changed my RLHS into RLFS.

Now 'closing rain' function works, but only with the windows. Sunroof doesn't close.

Someone have an idea?

Hi,

your sunroof has comfort closing function? If you hold the lock button on the keyfob, all windows and sunroof closing?

When you changed your RLHS, it was neded to do any sofware modification?

16 hours ago, Bap33 said:

@drewellis I had not seen your answer! Thanks! I'll try this. 👍

What value did you set on our car?

Thank you again.

No worries, I can't remember the value exactly but I have been trying to save petrol recently so have put it back to default.

I will change it again later (forgot how annoying it was!!!) and let you know the value 👍

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, did a search and came up with an answer but was wondering if things had changed since then?

RE: Off road display in a Superb III showing Engine & Coolant temp.

I have enabled Offroad display, but it lacks any useful info like engine or coolant temp.

Anyway to enable engine/coolant temp, or see it on any display?

Engine Oil temp can be displayed in the MOT, whereas the Engine Coolant temp is given with a needle indicator on the left (assuming you don't have VC ;) ). 

3 minutes ago, Bap33 said:

Engine Oil temp can be displayed in the MOT, whereas the Engine Coolant temp is given with a needle indicator on the left (assuming you don't have VC ;) ). 

Haha, smarty pants, I'm a digital guy.

I'm not familiar with the lingo yet, what is MOT? I cant find anything in the infotainment menus, but maybe i'm looking in the wrong spot?