VCDS options on Superb III

Excellent point Cheshire Bumpkin I had not spotted that as I responded to the email prompt. I guess laws are really to protect road users so what could be dangerous here would I guess be dangerous in other countries with or without a law. 

1 hour ago, reedfarmer said:

Having fog lights on with no reduced visibility is illegal? see http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1989/1796/regulation/27/made

then Corner Light also is illegal :)

in Latvia DRL is required for all seasons

and cars without particular modern DRL have to use main beam or front fogs,

but there any word about cars with installed DRL can't use main beam and front fogs

Can anyone help to active lane guidance. I already have lane assist activated with vcds for more than one year, however there is no ption to tick for lane guidance.

On 25. 5. 2018 at 14:18, MartiniB said:

then Corner Light also is illegal :)

in Latvia DRL is required for all seasons

and cars without particular modern DRL have to use main beam or front fogs,

but there any word about cars with installed DRL can't use main beam and front fogs

It is not just a question of legal/illegal. It is also a question of your/other safety and your thinking of your own ass only or also about other users on the road.

And undimmed fog lights as DRL can be in some cases quite disturbing for drivers that are driving towards you (for example rain, so fog lights light reflects from the road).

But looks like your main worry is that you look ''cool'', although I really do not see how your car looks cooler with added fog lights...

Just an example of what I am talking about above.

Here is an LED retrofit for DRL on Superb 2. After replacing it, you could not look into the car from 20m away, because LED DRL were so strong and the eyes started to burn. I had to reduce power to 20%, so that LED DRL were normal. And yes, they were ''cool'' at 100%, but I am not an idiot to be traiding of my coolnes for safety of me and other drivers on the road.

So, when you are doing tweaks with VCDS, try to have some basic common mind of how this could negativelly effect you and other users. And just do NOT do it, even if you can and it is not illegal.

Edited by mtl
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, mtl said:

main worry is that you look ''cool'

no, that's third :)
first were how to disable Corner Light at day time
and second how to able switch Front Fogs without turn on Xenon in `Auto` mode

p.s.
believe me, i do care what light beam is provided by my car
https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/393511-what-bulbs-are-fitted-to-the-s3-upgraded-bulb-recommendations/?do=findComment&comment=5062779

4 hours ago, MartiniB said:

first were how to disable Corner Light at day time

I have not yet seen any Skoda (or VW, Seat or Audi) that would have active cornering lights when only DRL were on. They start functioning with dipped beams.

This is reserved for Fiats and cars from some other manufacturers.

PS: LED DRL on Superb 2 were just an example of tweak that can reduce saftey for you and other people on the road.

Edited by mtl

22 hours ago, MartiniB said:

and second how to able switch Front Fogs without turn on Xenon in `Auto` mode

U can turn on the fog lights with the switch in sidelight on position.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/5/2017 at 18:07, Antera said:

Anyone found a way to activate traffic jam assist?

I have smart light assist, adaptive lane assist and ACC so I assume I've got all the hardware required.

I hope we get this working in the near futere. It is possible but we need to flash the A5 module to get this working along with some codings in a few other modules to get.  I'm fully busy with this. It is already possible on the Tiguan and the Passat.

Any news?
I am expiriencing the same issue with my Karoq (MR2018, DSG, ACC, Traffic Sign Recognition (A5 camera)). 
Lane Assist works (40mph/65kmh+) but Emergency/Traffic Jam Assist not.

On ‎07‎.‎06‎.‎2018 at 08:34, havrosh said:

am expiriencing the same issue with my Karoq (MR2018, DSG, ACC, Traffic Sign Recognition (A5 camera)). 

Which realeas of your A4 Camera?-3qDxxxxxxx or 3q0xxxxx?

On ‎07‎.‎06‎.‎2018 at 08:34, havrosh said:

Lane Assist works (40mph/65kmh+) but Emergency/Traffic Jam Assist not.

TJA you can get only with upgrade dataset parameters A5 from VCP

2 hours ago, Enriquez said:

Which Audi does have DLR like this? They do dim, but do not blink (dim/undim).

Just a heads up: at least in Slovenia this is theoretically illegal, because all visual signals for turn signals must be orange. And here DRL is blinking (in opposite phase).

13 hours ago, Enriquez said:

Agree with You and only posted what the crazy vcds fans are called "Audi indicators".

+1

i think the usual operation (DRL off when indicating) is the best on the Superb.

For me "Audi Indicators" is when it flows in the direction of the turn.  from the inside out.
VW have recently started doing that with some of their Golfs and Arteons.
now that is cool.

has anyone tried the OBD Eleven module?

www.obdeleven.com

They say they can do long coding with simple drop downs or option selects??

image.thumb.png.06c5a017d4563fcc4d16e2ff99ce01b6.png

Or is there anyone in Brisbane Australia with a VCDS Programmer ?

Yes, it's popular over the central Europe. I'ts comparable with VCDS, however it's less "labelled" if You know what I mean.

You can do everything the same as VCDS, but it's sometimes hidden. Of course It cannot replace more aggresive tools like VagCAN Pro or Odis Engineering.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

According to experience of some customers that bought this, it can make quite a mess out of some modules. Search it on Google and you will find it.

I had 5 people come to me, to try to solve the problems. 1 had to go to dealer for complete flashing of the module so that air conditioning started to work again.

• Thanks 1

On 14/06/2018 at 08:18, mtl said:

According to experience of some customers that bought this, it can make quite a mess out of some modules. Search it on Google and you will find it.

I had 5 people come to me, to try to solve the problems. 1 had to go to dealer for complete flashing of the module so that air conditioning started to work again.

From what I’ve read, the only people to have issues are those who rely on the ‘apps’ to make changes. Those who’ve gone down the learn and DIY route have been fine. The issue with the apps is they’re one size fits all. Except, we all know there are many variations of modules etc in these cars. Having that one fits all doesn’t work. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/8/2018 at 09:10, dimp said:

Which realeas of your A4 Camera?-3qDxxxxxxx or 3q0xxxxx?

TJA you can get only with upgrade dataset parameters A5 from VCP

3QD980654

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

Can someone help me, i have a problem with adaptive lane guidance:

Every time when i start my car, I have to turn on "adaptive lane guidance"  on the Columbus menu each time. 

It seems like, its not saving the settings on columbus. Any solution for this?