VCDS options on Superb III

8 hours ago, djduese said:

I have a Octavia but I have activated lap timer several times at different cars. Superb is also MQB.

Sport Information (Performance Monitor) is a completely other function than the lap timer. Sport information is at Octavia and Superb only with sportsline/RS.

Lap timer is always in cluster. No matter if Octavia or Superb.

May be it worked on Superb 2, but it doesn't on Superb 3... We're several guys here, who didn't succeeded. Have you ever done it personnally and successfully on a Mk3 yet?

If yes, then please give the MY and complete codes... It would much appreciated... ;) 

8 hours ago, djduese said:

I have a Octavia but I have activated lap timer several times at different cars. Superb is also MQB.

Sport Information (Performance Monitor) is a completely other function than the lap timer. Sport information is at Octavia and Superb only with sportsline/RS.

Lap timer is always in cluster. No matter if Octavia or Superb.

Here you go, MY16 L&K:

Address 17: Instruments (J285)       Labels: 5G0-920-XXX-17.clb
   Part No SW: 3V0 920 911     HW: 3V0 920 911 
   Component: KOMBI         305 6422  
   Coding: 27A5011A7F84A600008B7E0B5001000000000000
   Shop #: WSC 73430 031 00063
   ASAM Dataset: EV_DashBoardVDDMQBAB 009046
   ROD: EV_DashBoardVDDMQBAB_009_SK37.rod
   VCID: 6FAE16E0B613573A55-803A

No fault code found.

1610182294_LaptimerSuperbLK.thumb.JPG.fe1ae2c911468a3f015987074bc64d0f.JPG

I only talk about mk3, not mk2.

In Germany, there are other cluster installed. For example : 3V0 920 710 A

I have activated it on several Superb mk3 and had never the message of "out of range".

I think the UK cluster are completely different 

@djduese I have a french MK3, and I face the same error message as Gizmo. It doesn't seem to be specific to UK models.

Edited by Bap33

3 hours ago, djduese said:

I have another scan from a Superb I coded. It has the part number 3V0 920 750.

Interesting.......i have the 750 part.

I'll try coding it and see if it works, when I'm back home in Oz.

Although, I'll have no use of it given I don't take mine to the track or anything like that.....

Address 17: Instruments (J285)       Labels:| 5G0-920-XXX-17.clb-SRI3
   Part No SW: 3V0 920 750 A    HW: 3V0 920 750 A
   Component: KOMBI         305 8311  
   Coding: 27A5011A7F84000801886B0B5001000000000000
   Shop #: WSC 33361 790 00141
   ASAM Dataset: EV_DashBoardVDDMQBAB 009051
   ROD: EV_DashBoardVDDMQBAB_009_VW37.rod
   VCID: 313F17BC51A403FF213-8064

No fault code found.

Edited by JR RS

• 2 weeks later...

I have tried searching but did not find the answer, is it at all possible to enable park assist (the automatic parking) without ordering it? I imagine I have all the pre reqs for it but I don't have the actual button...

Lane assist, cameras etc. 

@Gizmo is correct, and I'm fairly certain the side sensors are not available for retrofitting. I had front sensors retrofitted to mine (OEM kit), but side sensors don't appear to be an option, unless you had them from the factory.

I believe Lane Assist can be enabled, as long as you have the A5 camera (which you should have if you have emergency city braking, AFAIK).

22 minutes ago, plantpowered said:

@Gizmo is correct, and I'm fairly certain the side sensors are not available for retrofitting. I had front sensors retrofitted to mine (OEM kit), but side sensors don't appear to be an option, unless you had them from the factory.

I believe Lane Assist can be enabled, as long as you have the A5 camera (which you should have if you have emergency city braking, AFAIK).

I had ACC, blind spot and the auto parking (4 additional side sensors) retrofitted and all coded in. Can be done but not with VCDS

Thing is, I have the park assist where the camera will tell me where i can park and how to turn the wheel for it, I also have blind spot and lane assist, the thing I am really after would be the trailer assist, but I as you say might lack the necessary sensors for it.

2 minutes ago, Avskum said:

Thing is, I have the park assist where the camera will tell me where i can park and how to turn the wheel for it, I also have blind spot and lane assist, the thing I am really after would be the trailer assist, but I as you say might lack the necessary sensors for it.

You need Park Assist for Trailer Assist, besides the right camera.

No Park Assist, no Trailer Assist.

Although, according to my opinion Trailer Assist is more or less a gimick, good for braging in front of your friends though :).

Edited by mtl

Just to resurrect the relatively long discussion surrounding the status of OBDELEVEN system, the new version (black dongle) is now officially certified by Volkswagen Group.

Whilst any EULA or warranty will no doubt subject to clauses limited liability for customer screw-ups using the equipment outside the apps feature, it should at least give owners/drivers/users more confidence in the product.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BlueclouduK said:

Whilst any EULA or warranty will no doubt subject to clauses limited liability for customer screw-ups using the equipment outside the apps feature, it should at least give owners/drivers/users more confidence in the product.

What about the apps screw ups?

Where the apps changes things it shouldn’t.

1 minute ago, Gizmo said:

What about the apps screw ups?

Where the apps changes things it shouldn’t.

Just an educated, rather than informed, guess, but I think it would be extremely unlikely that VW would certify any product that has the ability to leave a vehicle unusable without lots of testing/proof.

15 minutes ago, BlueclouduK said:

Just to resurrect the relatively long discussion surrounding the status of OBDELEVEN system, the new version (black dongle) is now officially certified by Volkswagen Group.

I would really like to see what exactly does this mean.

I have searched on their website and there is no explanation or a document from VW Group.

Do you have maybe a link?

Edited by mtl

22 minutes ago, BlueclouduK said:

Just an educated, rather than informed, guess, but I think it would be extremely unlikely that VW would certify any product that has the ability to leave a vehicle unusable without lots of testing/proof.

Numerous owners have complained of using the app to change something and other unrelated things get changed at the same time!

Some of which they are then unable to revert back to std.

I too would want to see written proof from VAG before believing it, I just cannot see them certifying anything that has taken money directly off them (paid options)

• Like 1

It is not a problem of certifying something that takes the money. I do not see certifying something that can brake the car, as you have written: apps problem.

So, I would really like to see what is certified and it could easily happen that the company will go bankrupt. VAG has many lawers that are especially keen on suing for false claims or trademark infringments and according to my experience Voltas does not understand this. So, they could have easily made a big mistake.
Well, time will tell.

Edited by mtl

1 hour ago, mtl said:

I would really like to see what exactly does this mean.

I have searched on their website and there is no explanation or a document from VW Group.

Do you have maybe a link?

Why I can't purchase OBDeleven device?

Since 1st June of 2017 we had signed license agreement with Volkswagen AG for diagnostic data use in our application. This license grant permission to use diagnostic data in these countries:
Belgium, Bulgaria, Denmark, Germany, Estonia, Finland, France, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Austria, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Sweden, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Czech Republic, Hungary, United Kingdom, Cyprus, Croatia, United States, Canada.

We are dealing with Volkswagen AG to get license for more countries.

OBDeleven FAQs

So, this is it?

On their web site it says:

Official license
Volkswagen Group Certified

Huh, let each one decide for himself if this is true or it is mildly speaking intentional misleading of buyers that their solution is certified by VW Group.

1 hour ago, rrozbroj said:

Is it possible disable open car with touch of door ?

KESSY can be deactivated,
in 90%, when leaving car, i spend few extra second for this procedure

-> https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/451532-kessy-questions/?do=findComment&comment=5074808

but would prefer this way

-> https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/451532-kessy-questions/?do=findComment&comment=5073464

On 04/05/2019 at 06:39, djduese said:

I have another scan from a Superb I coded. It has the part number 3V0 920 750.

i just tried it, to enable the lap timer - sadly code rejected 😞

Controller 17, Byte 01, Bit 3

1389995490_laptimer.thumb.JPG.9fc876150aed70bba465429097bf9f4e.JPG

426076514_laptimer-fail.JPG.348cb5d3870be6b6597d1d72aff73bb7.JPG

Edited by JR RS