VCDS options on Superb III

3 hours ago, Roscio said:

@newbie69it works!:thumbup:

Haha, some dedication there to enter 90 values x 2  times! The only other thing that would be nice to find as well would be how to resize the colour selector. With 20 colours that I currently got it's still ok but with 30 like you it is too wide.

That been said, the poor performance of the green LED limits the available colours that I would like to have, several shades of green, blue and purple are impossible to get right. 20 is more than enough for me I think.

49 minutes ago, newbie69 said:

Haha, some dedication there to enter 90 values x 2  times! The only other thing that would be nice to find as well would be how to resize the colour selector. With 20 colours that I currently got it's still ok but with 30 like you it is too wide.

That been said, the poor performance of the green LED limits the available colours that I would like to have, several shades of green, blue and purple are impossible to get right. 20 is more than enough for me I think.

Yes, it took a while to enter all the values.
I'm not very satisfied because it doesn't return the correct tonality, maybe it's the green led like you said.
I also confirm that 30 options are too many ... I will make my daughter decide which ones to save, maybe I will keep 10-12 in all.
I tried to use the virtual display with the sportline mode. Can you confirm if the red background remains the same by changing the ambient light color? (in L & K's VD the backgound color is the same as the strips one)

17 minutes ago, Roscio said:

Yes, it took a while to enter all the values.
I'm not very satisfied because it doesn't return the correct tonality, maybe it's the green led like you said.
I also confirm that 30 options are too many ... I will make my daughter decide which ones to save, maybe I will keep 10-12 in all.
I tried to use the virtual display with the sportline mode. Can you confirm if the red background remains the same by changing the ambient light color? (in L & K's VD the backgound color is the same as the strips one)

Little daughters huh? I should have guessed from all the different pinks and purples. I regret playing the "guess the next colour" game in the first place. Now every time she is in she says "colour! now become..." :D

I am keeping 20 but I need to customise a couple of them to get right when I find the time.  Green is definitely the suspect. To get the brightest white for example, officially you have to go with 255/255/255. Entering that in the label gives you perfect white, entering that for the LED gives you some pink/purple tone. Something like 125/255/125 works best for me. Max out Green and then experiment with R and B around 100-150 units lower to get the tone right.

PS. The red colour around the speed and rpm dials remains red but the space between them when you display other data (not Navigation) gets a light tone of the current LED colour. I can post a photo in the evening.

Edited by newbie69

58 minutes ago, newbie69 said:

Little daughters huh? I should have guessed from all the different pinks and purples. I regret playing the "guess the next colour" game in the first place. Now every time she is in she says "colour! now become..." :D

Eventually I will probably have 10 shades of pink/purple and maybe a 1 blue, 1 red and 1 green. :blink:
I had already noticed that 255/255/255 was tending to pink.
By now I had to resign myself to these shades.:D
But it's okay, I have to admit that purple with beige interior isn't bad ...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@newbie69 & @Roscio :

Great job guys !

When I hear how my daughters are wrangling to chose the color with the only 10 originally proposed. That is wayyyyy enough for me :giggle:

Edited by Bap33
  • Haha 2

On 10/04/2019 at 10:25, Roscio said:

As I said, dials are always red but the space between them changes according to the Ambient Lighting colour:

Untitled.png.486307b95ec8bcc7a21f0b11d9893d56.png

• Thanks 1

On ‎28‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 19:28, djduese said:

If you want to open sunroof completely by comfort open you have to set SAD Richtung Komfortoeffnen to open and in controller CA "Ziellage bei Komfortöffnen" to "Schiebelage"

Finally the new cable arrived and i could access the CA controller.

It was named different, guess due to english version.

Works great, Thanks for the info!

CA- Sunroof. Adaptation

Comfort functions- Target position for comfort opening

Changed from ‘’Tilt out posi.‘’ To ‘’Slid.position”

Some screenshots:

vcds.png

ca sunroof.png

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I've been trying several mods this afternoon. But all failed :dry: (I mean no visible change)...

Lap Timer activation.

17 Instruments  > 07 Coding > Long coding Helper

Byte 1 > Tick bit 3 'Lap Timer active'

I get a "Code rejected / Error 31 : Request out of Range"

I also had a look to :

17 Instruments > 10 Adaptation > 'Lap counter' channel.

But the 'stored valued' cell is empty and there's no drop down menu to be able to change it...

Does anyone knows ?

I've also seen screen shots from a sportline version and 'Lap Timer' was on the Colombus.

Do you think it would be more efficient in the '5F Infotainement module' to find what to change?

Acceleration display.

17 Instruments  > 07 Coding > Long coding Helper

Byte 10 > Tick bit 2 'Display acceleration

Code is accepted, bu I don't see any new display available...

Battery 'Status Of Charge' display

I've read that you only need to press the Odometer reset button more thant 2s, and you could then access to the value.

On my Superb 3 MY2017, the SOC is not proposed.

I had also read somewhere (sorry can't remember the exact Briskoda thread) that there was a 'Battery charge' channel in the '17 Instruments > 10 Adapatation' drop down menu. But didin't dound it...

(Same issue on my dad's O3 FL MY2018...)

Off road mode on Colombus

I've followed all 3 instruction lines in the 'Tried & tested' topic from Gizmo.

All codes were accepted, but no new display available?...

Does anyone know is there could be a kind of delay between the VCDS mods saving and the effective taking into account? (e.g.: Next day / +24h / ???)

Thank you all for your help. ;)

Lap Timer and Acceleration stuff is part of the Performance Monitor - which is only available on Sportline models.

U can't simply activate it. 

It requires SWAP code activation - basically ultra ultra special software privileges.

8 hours ago, Bap33 said:

Lap Timer activation.

I've also seen screen shots from a sportline version and 'Lap Timer' was on the Colombus.

Do you think it would be more efficient in the '5F Infotainement module' to find what to change?

Lap timer only works on the SportLine

8 hours ago, Bap33 said:

Acceleration display.

Doesn’t work

8 hours ago, Bap33 said:

Battery 'Status Of Charge' display

Doesn’t work

8 hours ago, Bap33 said:

Off road mode on Colombus

I've followed all 3 instruction lines in the 'Tried & tested' topic from Gizmo.

All codes were accepted, but no new display available?...

Does anyone know is there could be a kind of delay between the VCDS mods saving and the effective taking into account? (e.g.: Next day / +24h / ???)

Always perform a ‘soft reset’ for anything regarding the infotainment, failing that a full re-boot of the car can sometimes help.

Don’t forget the last paragraph here:

Many of the newer (2015 onwards) cars are now using controllers that the HEX+CAN etc interfaces cannot fully read, if you come across this then you are going to need the one of the newer HEX-V2 or HEX-NET interface.

@Gizmo Thank you for your answer.

I did not try the to quit and lock the car to reboot the controller. I'll try this anotehr time.

I use a Micro-CAN VCDS... May be not enough "powerful".

On 27/04/2019 at 09:47, Gizmo said:

Lap timer only works on the SportLine

That's wrong. Lap timer only needs a coloured multi function display and has nothing to do with performance monitor. Lap timer is shown in multi function display as a separate menu

@djduese Then, if you know how to activate it, please feel free to share with us. ;)

Thank you in advance.

Edited by john999boy
Typo

Unfortunately, I didn't see any change either the Maxi DOT or on the Columbus, with this codes.

But I didn't make any soft of hard reboot by getting out of the car...

Note: I have a MY2017.

21 hours ago, djduese said:

That's wrong. Lap timer only needs a coloured multi function display and has nothing to do with performance monitor. Lap timer is shown in multi function display as a separate menu

I'd like to see this in action - do u have a screenshot?

wat model year to u have?

As far as I know, the Lap Timer is part of the Performance monitor, only available on Sportline.

The screenshots below, not mine, is what I'm referring too.....

2017-Skoda-Superb-Sportline-37.thumb.jpg.13cf056f881e77980214bf22fe97dc9c.jpg5a0a2ca3e6ab7_IMG_20170311_094611692.thumb.jpg.04a3f6b80f4d2488f1157051c0f1bd5f.jpg

7 hours ago, djduese said:

Laptimer is only in tacho

20190503_053805.jpg

Do u have a Superb or Octavia?

Ur profile indicates Octavia.  If so, that explains why u have it on ur cluster, and why it doesn't work for us Superb owners.

Different cars dude.... 

18 minutes ago, JR RS said:

Do u have a Superb or Octavia?

Ur profile indicates Octavia.  If so, that explains why u have it on ur cluster, and why it doesn't work for us Superb owners.

Different cars dude.... 

I have a Octavia but I have activated lap timer several times at different cars. Superb is also MQB.

Sport Information (Performance Monitor) is a completely other function than the lap timer. Sport information is at Octavia and Superb only with sportsline/RS.

Lap timer is always in cluster. No matter if Octavia or Superb.

That's clear, but in Superb, also MQB there is no possibility to code laptimer in instrument cluster.

The MIB unit has it, in the performance menu when the car has it enabled.