VCDS options on Superb III

4 hours ago, Jakec said:

is there a way to turn off "hold the steering wheel" warning and keep line assist?

I hold the steering wheel, but on long straights it just makes no sense to turn left or right, in order to keep the beeping off... and 10s is also way to low of a setting for warning... you have to nudge the wheel all the time :(

Most definitely no. 

It's embedded in the car's safety systems.

It's not just a Skoda thing.

It's linked to the system technology. The Lane Assist system measures the resistive torque thru the electric motor actuation system in the steering wheel. Thus, if you hold the steering wheel very gently, it's hard for the system to detect any resistive torque. Then it bips.

VW Passat is fitted with proximity sensors in th steering wheel. Thus, even if you're very smooth with the steering wheel, your hands will be detected and it shouldn't bip.

6 hours ago, cs.rogers said:

Hang something heavy on the bottom of the wheel...

Not that I'd condone such actions.....just sayin'....

That would be stupid in case of emergency... you can also stick a bottle into the steering wheel, but same stupidity in case of emergency.... 12s is low... i would say 30 would be less annoying... at least in Europe...

On 01/07/2020 at 14:45, dimp said:

In 2q0 A5 camera you can get sign assist only using swap activation( Without it you get only events in the control modules

a5_2q0.jpg

I’m new to all of this. And not yet understanding it sll

can this be done with obdeleven? I have the A5 camera and adaptive cruise control plus lane change assist on my 2020 SEL

before I buy an obdeleven, I wanted to see if it woukd be worth it

thanks

On 16/01/2021 at 23:40, Warkman said:

I’m new to all of this. And not yet understanding it sll

can this be done with obdeleven? I have the A5 camera and adaptive cruise control plus lane change assist on my 2020 SEL

before I buy an obdeleven, I wanted to see if it woukd be worth it

thanks

No, you can not.

Ok, thanks. So I have speed limits showing on the nav screen, as well as ACC, Lane assist and Kane cgangecassist.

as I understand ut, it needs a SWaP file to enable traffic sign recognition on the instrument binnacle (not digital screen, analogue dials)

woukd my Skida dealer enable ut for a fee, or is there another way? Non Skida dealer?

thanks

• Like 1

Hello,

I have an activated sign recognition option on my superb 2016 with amundsen mib 2 unit. After updating the newest maps for my region i noticed that the database doesn't have a data file for street signs. As a result it doesn't show street signs info from database, but only from the front camera, !!!when the maps sim card is out!!! My country is on the list of supported countries for this option. Is there a way to provide this files  within maps database, to avoid turning off the sinhronization (btw. camera and database) option  using VCDS?

Thanks,

Dan

• 2 weeks later...

Hi does anyone know how to recalibrate display number five in vc? I'm talking about the exact power quoted there. ( my target is 140KW) but because I have more of them now I want to have the real power there

1 hour ago, Adrian1 said:

Hi does anyone know how to recalibrate display number five in vc? I'm talking about the exact power quoted there. ( my target is 140KW) but because I have more of them now I want to have the real power there

I believe the max figure is provided by the ECU.

Your tuner may need to increase it in the ECU software for you :)

On 2.02.2021 at 23:24, langers2k said:

Uważam, że maksymalna wartość jest podawana przez ECU.

Twój tuner może wymagać zwiększenia go w oprogramowaniu ECU :)

Interesting, so for now I won't do it because I use an external box, thanks B)

• 4 weeks later...
On 22/01/2021 at 08:58, Danijel2207 said:

Hello,

I have an activated sign recognition option on my superb 2016 with amundsen mib 2 unit. After updating the newest maps for my region i noticed that the database doesn't have a data file for street signs. As a result it doesn't show street signs info from database, but only from the front camera, !!!when the maps sim card is out!!! My country is on the list of supported countries for this option. Is there a way to provide this files  within maps database, to avoid turning off the sinhronization (btw. camera and database) option  using VCDS?

Thanks,

Dan

I  have an MY2016, which I recently upgraded to 2021 maps, and I don't think I have a front camera. The speed limits show up on my nav, so must be coming from the maps db? 

If u don't have the front camera, than that's  the case. In my case somehow the maps database sim when in, excludes the camera from showing signs... The option in VCDS is called "fusion mode", and for some reason doesn't work in my country - Montenegro (which is on the list of enabled countries for this option).... 

• 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, Buocius said:

Was anyone able to adjust the speed when high beams turn on automatically with VCDS? As standard it's 60 km/h. 

No one has been able to crack this one yet.  

It's not just a Skoda thing - same deal with VW and Audi.

It's embedded in the parameter file, somewhere.

Most definitely cannot b accessed or altered via VCDS or OBDEleven.

Having said that, my SLA function activates at 40 km/h, not the usual 60 km/h for HBA.

Prior to retrofitting the SLA headlights, my HBA used to activate at 60 km/h.

Edited by JR RS

On 10/02/2019 at 11:01, Gizmo said:

You need VCP to enable VIM

I've done it today without VCP, just a combination of VCDS and M.I.B. Toolbox  which is software you can put on the SD card. for those like me who have MIB2 or 2.5 HIGH (Columbus). VCDS to enable developer mode on module 5F , then patch ifs root using MIB toolbox, then into the GEM greenscreen developer menu, and it has VIM options to set the speed that the VIM lock kicks in

Hi all . 

I am new here . And I wanted to ask a few things. I bought OBDELEVEN PRO.I already have it coded.

START STOP -OFF

CH/LF as Foglights

Enabling rear lights with DRLs

Enabling fan (blower) speed display in AUTO mode

unfolding the mirrors after starting

And I would like 

cooding any interesting things (opening 5 doors from the interior?) and more?

Sorry for my Englis. I am from Czech Republik

My car is Superb 2017 DSG 4*4 LaK

Thank you very much 

• 2 weeks later...

Can You please let me know if the prcedure enables traffic jam assist as well? I mean, below 60 km/h (with ACC active), the lane assist remains active?

Edited by Enriquez
  • Like 1

On 30/03/2021 at 22:03, Enriquez said:

Can You please let me know if the prcedure enables traffic jam assist as well? I mean, below 60 km/h (with ACC active), the lane assist remains active?

No, I don't have this feature.
Let me know if you find a way to enable it on M.Y. 2020+.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey all,

I have read here, on the forum, that it is possible to disable (or make quieter) the super annoying noise generator, but sadly I have not been able to find any explanation how to do it... or which software/tools are able to change it. Does it have to be done via VCDS or maybe VCP will be OK as well? I have currently access to VCP only, that's why I am asking. But.... if VCDS would be the only option, I think I will be buying one just for that :)

I would really appreciate your help on this.

Many thanks,

Kuba

18 minutes ago, james888 said:

Hey all,

I have read here, on the forum, that it is possible to disable (or make quieter) the super annoying noise generator, but sadly I have not been able to find any explanation how to do it... or which software/tools are able to change it. Does it have to be done via VCDS or maybe VCP will be OK as well? I have currently access to VCP only, that's why I am asking. But.... if VCDS would be the only option, I think I will be buying one just for that :)

I would really appreciate your help on this.

Many thanks,

Kuba

The Superb doesn't have the sound generator.