Phil's Fabia 1.8t Build Thread (ex 1.2 12v)

pip_vrs

Well dropped the box off and found the release fork had wedged on top of the pinion support bracket. Not a clue how it managed it, but i've secured it out of the way with a bolt i can remove from the view hole after fitting it. Bloody thing..

How it was sat. Pressing the pressure plate..

92430b2ea2b31aeb63cbeed6428db1e8.jpg

How it should be..

c828b3b12607f97096cfaa5c50ffe72d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

just over 3 weeks to bedford ;)

150 miles on it since new clutch.

Still waiting on my Whiteline front ARB from AwesomeGTI [emoji849] then i can get all the front stripped off and my poly bushes etc fitted.

Will get some pics on Saturday as i plan on going for a good drive to iron out any issues.

• Like 1

150 miles on it since new clutch.

Still waiting on my Whiteline front ARB from AwesomeGTI [emoji849] then i can get all the front stripped off and my poly bushes etc fitted.

Will get some pics on Saturday as i plan on going for a good drive to iron out any issues.

I'm free Saturday :)

• Like 1

Final peice of the jigsaw. Whiteline are apparently struggling with FARBs at the min, hence the 5+ month wait. AwesomeGTi have been very good though, kept me informed of the delays and eventually done me an excellent deal on Eibachs.

ac1c70501891d1c971574c6cbcf8c939.jpg

Booked in for bushes fitting on Wednesday and i'll get all the ARBs fitted too. The Suspension arrived today from Australia too, cant wait to get some pics of it. [emoji41]

• Like 4

Excellent. Never heard of scale coilovers. Look pretty decent :)

Not many sold in the UK.

Quite big in the US and Canada (where theyre made)

• Like 1

Did a few little jobs today, but it was too hot to do everything i had planned.

Removed rear vent as it flapped about and annoyed me..

b6dd0a1d47da584c611e579fee43e5aa.jpg

Made a bonnet pole out of 1/4" stainless tube.

253b85b9de9001c51fcfc99f9dc0e50d.jpg

Changed spark plugs to some decent ones as apparently the ones i was using were wrong.

7f8dc59de8cef0d71be4789618424072.jpg

Clocked onto 88,888 miles [emoji23] (will get a better pic when on 88 on trip too) thats 1200 miles as a 1.8t

bd63e547b68bc302eaa1aba75303e67b.jpg

Edited by pip_vrs
  • Like 3

Is it going to be ready for Monday? :)

Yeah, just needs tracking. But tbh its not too bad.

Went for a spirited drive tonight.. Jesus christ cant wait for some corners where cars arent coming the oposite way [emoji16]

a22b708c2b3cca8839b3a4629db7faed.jpg

• Like 3

Thought i better start with some preperstion for Bedford on Monday.

Measured the height all round to see how much each corner needed raising..

5cd98c134eb6dbc8175520099a2565f0.jpg

Then set about adjusting, did the rears and bled the brakes whilst there, a few small bubbles came out.

9d220825019e6d21968b823b6d2236ea.jpg

Rears done.

Started on front passenger side on the front, new Brembo discs and DS2500 pads. Then a bleed. For some reason my ezybleed isnt putting fluid from the bottle into the reservoir, but all small bubbles removed.

Drivers side to do tomorrow after work. Booked in for sunday morning to get tracking done.

• Like 3

Id imagine even a few bubbles from each corner would make a big difference to the over all brake performance.

Yeah they were a big spongy, think it was from the gearbox fiasco. I never bled them after.

Holy **** this thing is mental!! Kept up with a Porsche whilst at Bedford today, thanks for giving me a couple of passenger laps Phil, absolutely love this car

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Kept up with more than a Porsche at times [emoji15]

Shame about gearbox [emoji23]

• Like 1