Water collecting under door

Just thought I would post a video of the fault so people can comment if it affects their car the same or if it's worst or not as bad

I would say that is the same problem people are complaining about.

Mine can contain quite a lot of water after heavy rain or washing the car.

The main problem for me is what happens to this in freezing temperatures.

Last winter there was frozen water from the door well all the way up to the door hinge on my car. (I'll try to find the photo)

It made it impossible to open the doors without fear you were going to crease the metal or tear the rubber seals.

I would say that is the same problem people are complaining about.

Mine can contain quite a lot of water after heavy rain or washing the car.

The main problem for me is what happens to this in freezing temperatures.

Last winter there was frozen water from the door well all the way up to the door hinge on my car. (I'll try to find the photo)

It made it impossible to open the doors without fear you were going to crease the metal or tear the rubber seals.

Yes, definitely a worry indeed...

How many affected cars have sill plates?

I got genuine Skoda ones - like on Superskoda, but from a UK dealer, and my door does this. But I don't know whether it did or didn't before I fitted the plates.

Took mine to the dealers and they said they could fix the problem by adjusting the door seals.

They now say it requires new modified ones which need ordering so i am waiting for these.

Took mine to the dealers and they said they could fix the problem by adjusting the door seals.

They now say it requires new modified ones which need ordering so i am waiting for these.

Interesting as from what I've been told it requires a hole to be put through either side (outside and inside) of the existing seal. From what I've seen its to channel the water between the sill and the road.

Seemingly this is different to the water inside the door....as this gets channeled away by door seal.

Interesting as from what I've been told it requires a hole to be put through either side (outside and inside) of the existing seal. From what I've seen its to channel the water between the sill and the road.

Seemingly this is different to the water inside the door....as this gets channeled away by door seal.

The latest update is that new door seals are required.

I have a MY15 SCOUT and just noticed this condition - although my missus said she had been aware of it for a couple of months.  I guess i will have to get in contact with the dealer sometime in the future.  Strange that the passenger side does not seem to be effected.

Got my car back from dealers yesterday after the new modified door seals had been fitted.

Washed the car today and.............problem fixed, no more splash of water when doors opened  :clap:

Got my car back from dealers yesterday after the new modified door seals had been fitted.

Washed the car today and.............problem fixed, no more splash of water when doors opened :clap:

Have you noticed what modifications were done to seals?

My seals are in and to be fitted next week.

Have you noticed what modifications were done to seals?

My seals are in and to be fitted next week.

Hi,

Can't really tell,maybe new seal doesn't block sill hole as that was the problem.

Here's the part numbers anyway

S5E0837698B

S5E0837697B

According to my invoice.

• 2 weeks later...

Hortons of Lincoln solved this by piercing a hole, which I assume is similar to having seals with 2 holes in. Either way, water doesn't collect in the door now.

I was originally told they were going to do that, Then I was told the seals were to be changed.

Piercing holes right through might work, but the modified seals have offset holes either side... i.e not straight through.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Can't really tell,maybe new seal doesn't block sill hole as that was the problem.

Here's the part numbers anyway

S5E0837698B

S5E0837697B

According to my invoice.

Thanks for the part numbers D1965. I was told by my dealer that there were no modified seals and water in doors was a standard feature and not to worry about it. Not amused after buying two cars from them!

• Like 1

Thanks for the part numbers D1965. I was told by my dealer that there were no modified seals and water in doors was a standard feature and not to worry about it. Not amused after buying two cars from them!

Maybe give them the part number and ask what the items are for.

To be fair to the dealers, I sometimes think they are the last people to find out this type of information.

It sees this issue might be a common problem across the whole range of cars?

A MY13 yeti and I get the same on the front passenger door.

He car is always parked facing up a slight slope and has a side slope to go with it.

Water collects outside the door seal, on th sill.

The wife is getting used to stepping back to avoid wet feet.

It sees this issue might be a common problem across the whole range of cars? A MY13 yeti and I get the same on the front passenger door.....

My MKII Octavia had the same issue.

My dealer told me it's common. The cars have an inner and outer seal, one for actual water sealing the other a wind/noise seal. He explained the water traps between the two seals.

He was totally oblivious to any modification issued but skoda. The assumption was that they all do it

It sees this issue might be a common problem across the whole range of cars?

A MY13 yeti and I get the same on the front passenger door.

He car is always parked facing up a slight slope and has a side slope to go with it.

Water collects outside the door seal, on th sill.

The wife is getting used to stepping back to avoid wet feet.

It is. It happens on my Mk3 Octavia, on my Mk2 and also my wife's Fabia which contnues to do it after 5 years of ownership.

A while ago I spent a lot of time investigating the issue on the Fabia as the door seal arrangements are a lot simpler than the Octy. Also the seals are located nowhere near the drain holes at the bottom of the door.

I proved to my absoulte satisfaction that the issue has nothing to do with the seals (on the Fabia at least) and posted the results on the Fabia forum - and got ignored.