2016 F1 General Discussion Thread

camelspyyder

The way Hamilton's luck is going if he got shipwrecked he would get picked up by the Titanic. As for Vettel it's hard to believe that he has won four world titles.

• Like 1

The tin hat mob are looking into it too much. Engines blow, that's racing. Hamilton's bad luck has been pretty high this year. When he means "someone doesn't want me to win" isn't him calling the team out. We all have days where nothing goes right and you almost feel you are being held back somehow from doing what you are trying to do.

I'm just happy that Ricciardo got the win. Media always looking for the angle and tried to take the shine off it saying it was team orders, favoring him, etc. Nonsense. He was the lead car then they double stacked at the stop. They both had a dabble which was entertaining and Ricciardo won. 

Rosberg's 10second penalty though was a blatant hit. That was always going to happen. Contact happens in racing but I'm not too sure about that.

Grid penalty for Vettel at the next race in Japan. 

Not sure I agree but at least it's consistent with the "they shall not make contact" attitude taken in other overtakes in that race.

I mean Seb V did explicitly admit that it was his fault.

I mean Seb V did explicitly admit that it was his fault.

Vettel claimed that Verstsppen squeezed him and that he braked at the same time as Verstappen and Rosberg just moved across and they made contact.

Vettel claimed that Verstsppen squeezed him and that he braked at the same time as Verstappen and Rosberg just moved across and they made contact.

He also went on in the real time coverage to apologise to Nico for spoiling the guy's race.

Best f1 gp of the season or what.

Yes...

For a whole third of a lap.

Apart from the RB side by side from turn 4 to turn 7 nothing else happened.

So yes I agree, that 20 seconds was the most exciting F1 action of the year.

Lewis hits out at the team accusing them of not wantimg him to win "as it's only my engines that have gone". If Rosberg was that good he'd have wrapped it up by now.

Lewis hits out at the team accusing them of not wantimg him to win "as it's only my engines that have gone". If Rosberg was that good he'd have wrapped it up by now.

So the special little snowflake is either paranoid or thinks that his team-mate should be sabotaged because he is having all the bad luck. Ahhhhh diddums! ;)

• Like 1

It will be because hes black next and the team are racist he really doesn't help himself does he. As a massive Hamilton fan early days of Mclaren i now can't stand the guy.

• Like 1

It will be because hes black next and the team are racist he really doesn't help himself does he. As a massive Hamilton fan early days of Mclaren i now can't stand the guy.

Likewise; If anyone doubts us, I suggest they compare how he acts and speaks in the 2011 documentary about his brother's season in the Clio Cup with how he acts and speaks in his more relaxed 2016 interviews.

• 2 weeks later...

It seems that Max has annoyed sufficient people to get his tactics banned!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/37741994

Glad that this was sorted before we had a car cartwheeling into the crowd; hopefully Max will listen now as it appears that he ignored a couple of quiet words from Charlie Whiting.

Still Nico's title to lose. How that dnf in Malaysia has swung things in his favour, they would be pretty much neck and neck now with 3 races to go if Lewis' engine didn't grenade itself. Here's hoping for a Nico dnf in either Mexico or Brazil to set up a winner takes all showdown in Abu Dhabi.

• Like 1

Not even Nico had issue with it. Nico has this title anyway. At most they could have given him 5 secs because that's what Kyvat and others had but would have meant nothing.

I'm more annoyed seeing Ferrari International Assistance back. Vettel tells Charlie to Foxtrot Oscar and gets on the podium. This is like swearing at a referee which would be a red card in any other sport and there are rules on bringing the sport into disrepute.