Octavia III Facelift

3 hours ago, Riolux said:

Did you use a cable for the Android Auto or was it wireless?

Cheers!

Does wireless Android Auto exist yet on any car?

1 minute ago, juan27 said:

I would have said no.... But need to google... Does audio play over Bluetooth or USB with Android auto? I always leave mine connected for charging anyway (Honda civic pioneer head unit) 

1 minute ago, Micks_address said:

I would have said no.... But need to google... Does audio play over Bluetooth or USB with Android auto? I always leave mine connected for charging anyway (Honda civic pioneer head unit) 

I think android auto is just mirroring some apps on the car infotainment screen, I would expect the audio remains bluetooth but not certain.  I don't think wireless AA has been released by Google yet, but quite happy for someone to put me straight on that? 

9 minutes ago, juan27 said:

Not that I know of. I know VW was going to present wireless Apple Carplay a while ago but they were stopped by Apple. So I think the technology is avaliable, but it hasn't been released yet. So, just checking with someone who has seen the car hands on.

1 hour ago, Riolux said:

Not that I know of. I know VW was going to present wireless Apple Carplay a while ago but they were stopped by Apple. So I think the technology is avaliable, but it hasn't been released yet. So, just checking with someone who has seen the car hands on.

I tried my phone in the facelift last week.. I connected via cable though to the Columbus screen... android auto booted up and every looked great.. the resolution didn't look great but im guessing this is more to do with android auto than the resolution of the Columbus touchscreen? Its quite a large screen.. has anyone a like to the new units user manual?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Riolux said:

Did you use a cable for the Android Auto or was it wireless?

Cheers!

Photos were taken from the Skoda connectivity tunnel demo at the Geneva motor show. Sorry not in the car so no idea how they configured it. Most likley cabled. Cheers.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Salieri said:

The new 5 Series is the first car in the world to have wireless Apple CarPlay, but only that, so no Android Auto.

It probably doesn't have Android Auto in any shape or form. The 3-series didn't seem to when I looked at it (or the MB C class or Jag XE).

I must admit I was surprised, I just assumed all manufacturers would be supporting both by now.  

Any news on when the VRS 245 will be open for UK orders? Any price info? Its not on the Skoda.de konfigurator yet.   

• Like 1

With better quality of the text we could send it trough Google translate. It is hard to read, poor quality  to read the right letters, and then Google gives no translation. But it says led is better than xenon.

Does anyone know whether the more advanced diff that was on the previous 230 model will feature as standard on the facelift version, or will that be reserved exclusively for the 245bhp model?  Also, will the slightly noisier exhaust from the 230 carry over to the standard facelift model?

4 hours ago, JackReacher said:

Does anyone know whether the more advanced diff that was on the previous 230 model will feature as standard on the facelift version, or will that be reserved exclusively for the 245bhp model?  Also, will the slightly noisier exhaust from the 230 carry over to the standard facelift model?

If it was on the vRS230, it should be on the vRS245, you've gotta understand these were limited editions. The new vRS is NOT a vRS230, it just happens to have a 230 PSI engine

12 hours ago, themanwithnoaim said:

If it was on the vRS230, it should be on the vRS245, you've gotta understand these were limited editions. The new vRS is NOT a vRS230, it just happens to have a 230 PSI engine

Thanks, yes understand they were special editions and expected the diff to be limited to the 245bhp version.  The exhaust I thought might make the transfer to the new 230bhp version, and from the official skoda videos online, it sounds a bit more fruity.

I saw the facelift version (and 245bhp edition) in Geneva, and I actually liked the facelift on the VRS model, less so on the standard Octavia.  I expected to dislike it, but it actually works on the VRS IMO

I think it depends on the country and version of the car. In Romania at least, the model with LED ambient light has the new black door trim.

Edited by Salieri

I Think if you go for the L&K version you get the darker door trim with  ambient light.. the style without ambient light has also dark door trim.. and silver with ambient light 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Oykkh said:

I Think if you go for the L&K version you get the darker door trim with  ambient light.. the style without ambient light has also dark door trim.. and silver with ambient light 

And if you add sportline to style?