EU referendum/Brexit discussion - Part 2

john999boy

Just now, shyVRS245 said:

So are you calling the Polish couple liars. With respect you do not know what you are talking about. Suggest you stick to customs matters.:thinking:

Which part?

Roman Catholics and Christianity or splinter Christian national fractions or happy clappy sects?

3 hours ago, lol-lol said:

Some people will have to sell but if they have had the property for more than a few years they will probably be quids in.

It is the young First Time buyers, who may not have learnt the lesson when the Con government was in charge in the early 90s when house prices fell a long way ie by about a third.  Negative equity and all that, a nightmare that lasted for years.

I may need to be based in the SE of England for months/years to deal with BREXIT and all the extra customs entries, staff training etc but I would not buy in the falling market in the SE of England which means hotels or a rental house.

Price of rents have been falling too...

London rental prices experience higher increases and falls than the other regions.

As a landlord that is utter rubbish. 7 years ago my tenant paid £575 per month yet they now pay £625 per month which I have fixed for the next 3 years. It will then go upto £650 per month. Falling rent you must be joking.:giggle:

3 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

As a landlord that is utter rubbish. 7 years ago my tenant paid £575 per month yet they now pay £625 per month which I have fixed for the next 3 years. It will then go upto £650 per month. Falling rent you must be joking.:giggle:

You sound a very reasonable landlord ie less than 10% increase in ten years he similar to public servant wages rises. 

Way less than inflation which has gone up about 30% in ten years.

My council tax is going up by nearly 5% this year!

1 minute ago, lol-lol said:

You sound a very reasonable landlord ie less than 10% increase in ten years he similar to public servant wages rises. 

Way less than inflation which has gone up about 30% in ten years.

My council tax is going up by nearly 5% this year!

Yes I am. Not the greedy selfish person which LEE would make you believe. I give to many charities, both at work and within my church. God teaches you to think of and help others and he will provide.:angel:

Catholics aren't Christians? Seriously? Wow!
I thought remainers were supposed to be the snowflakes?
Seems like some quitters are more sensitive than first thought.
I still wonder what it is they think they've actually 'won'.

17 minutes ago, lol-lol said:

Which part?

Roman Catholics and Christianity or splinter Christian national fractions or happy clappy sects?

Christians don't repent their sins by confessing, do not revere Mary (she was only a vessel to produce Jesus). Also the Pope is worshipped almost as if he is next to God. He is just a person wearing a uniform. Christians do not worship a Bishop or Archbishop. There were no Bibles in Polish Catholic churches because as we all know, knowledge is power and the Catholic Church insists on keeping the faithful in the DARK. The Vatican has kept so many secrets regarding the abuse of its priests towards children and if you are in denial about the truth then this can only lead to lies and the subsequent cover up. Christians do not observe withdrawal during sex to avoid pregnancy, something which the Catholic church still insists on and lets not forget the big one. Catholics are told abortion is a sin against God yet plenty of Eire women that are raped travel over the border to have a legal abortion in Northern Ireland. This is a fundamental difference between the 2 faiths because Christian women have the choice to have or not have a child when they fall pregnant. This comes back to FREE CHOICE and not being oppressed which is the main difference which the Polish couple made today in Church.:thinking:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Skoffski said:

8.3 Million or so are in London.

Since the current UK population is 66.8 million, that means 58.5 million are NOT in London B)

Edited by PetrolDave
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, Chris said:

Please can this thread be kept on the topic of Brexit. It seems to be veering quite heavily off topic along with some questionable comments. 

I'll be doing a thread tidy later on. Should any more "off topic" posts come up, I'll lock the thread. I'm all for healthy debate but please let's all be civil and keep it on topic. 

Thanks all. 

Please, please, lock it anyway, its just full of bile, insults, bad language and shouting. No debate. I'm fed up of seeing it pop up in activity streams with asterisked insults flying.

Either that, or stop it appearing in activity stream.

• Like 3

I 100% agree.

In a voyeuristic sort of way I find it entertaining and I rubberneck it like a car crash but I dont consider it to be part of the forum at all as its so different from the spirit of mutual help and assistance from global contributors that is so evident everywhere else.

It really does give a false impression of the forum to any visitors looking at the activity stream.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, J.R. said:

It really does give a false impression of the forum to any visitors looking at the activity stream.

However, it is in Roadside, the correct place for it. It's also the biggest political crisis in UK history.
You could equally argue that many dozens of topics shouldn't be on Briskoda.

3 minutes ago, Lee01 said:

It's also the biggest political crisis in UK history.

But like all things in politics at the moment it brings out the confrontational side of peoples' characters so it degenerates into confrontation not discussion.

POTUS Trump would be proud.

27 minutes ago, Lee01 said:

However, it is in Roadside, the correct place for it. It's also the biggest political crisis in UK history.

Interesting choice of word, crisis. In mental health terms, a crisis refers not necessarily to a traumatic situation or event, but to a person's reaction to an event. One person might be deeply affected by an event while another individual suffers little or no ill effects. The Chinese word for crisis presents an excellent depiction of the components of a crisis. The word crisis in Chinese is formed with the characters for DANGER and OPPORTUNITY. A crisis presents an obstacle, trauma, or threat, but it also offers an opportunity for either growth or decline. This sums up this thread nicely where some see danger others see opportunity.:thinking:

6 hours ago, lol-lol said:

French Customs have already started work to rule to get a pay rise due to lack of BREXIT planning...............................

With all of those trucks queued up at Calais the JiT system for the automotive industry must have caused some factories to shut production.

• Like 1

Just now, Skoffski said:

Just as well Chris Failing Whaling Mailing Trailing Railing Sailing Bailing Grayling MP helped Eurotunnel get an extra £33M

or they would be in Administration. Not!

Think they took advantage of a very sloppy Politician.:evilgrin:

1 hour ago, moley said:

With all of those trucks queued up at Calais the JiT system for the automotive industry must have caused some factories to shut production.

Indeed it must, most have already been stockpiling for the last few months but this pre-BREXIT action could dent those plans.

The French Public Service Union appears to be complaining about the lack of government planning ie scheduling rotas and talking compensation as it sounds like customs officers will be expected to work a huge amount of overtime for weeks or even months to come.

UK Customs and +Border Force will be expected to do the same and my International Logistics Industry need thousands for extra employees.

We have been offering companies alternative ways of getting their goods in ie short sea journey containers, air freight, alternative ports ie Hull etc.  

Interesting times ahead when we add customs clearances to all these port issues.   

3 hours ago, Lee01 said:

Will BREXIT add 10% car duty and therefore significantly raise the price of new cars, including Skodas ?

There, brought back to relevance. 

UK has a trade deal with Switzerland and Faroes Islands, cannot think of any cars they produce other than the Rinspeed ?   

Buy British made!  

Philip Hammond MP the next Prime Minister will be a happy chappy.

All that extra money in with the extra tariffs on cars imported, made up by buyers and manufacturers, 

then all those with Redundancy Money to spend as they receive it as their employers bog off out of the country still trading so not in recievership.

No more Government / Tax Payer funds to bribe them to be manufacturing in the UK.

It is a win win win for a while.

No Universal Credit for them.  Plenty with money in the UK to buy cars, be that new or used. All the newly temporary un-employed handing back the Company / Ex-management / leased vehicles.

Makes it a buyers market for nearly new cars.  Tough maybe on some financiers,  but then the Manufacturers are the Lenders.

Edited by Skoffski

8 hours ago, lol-lol said:

Ex BREXIT Minister David Davis said on telly this morning that the EU has more to lose than the UK does.

It is true that in goods the UK buys more from the EU than the EU buys from UK but the fact that the UK trade is only 6% of the EU's trade but the 44% of the UK exports go to the EU !

UK needs EU grown food.  EU does not need UK cars, Airbus, BMW-Mini , Jaguar Land Rover can, and are, moving over to mainland Europe.   UK has a weak hand in goods and some financial services will also move to the EU due to legal requirements.

More of the bleeding obvious I would have thought,  It’s as if counting was a major hurdle to understanding.

The continent will continue merrily along without any hard borders or impediment to living their lives hassle free.

8 hours ago, RicardoM said:

It is you who commented about him. Chill.

He seems to have his own television programme which means he has an audience of some size for his self serving blather.

23 hours ago, VWD said:

I'd suggest if Winston was alive today and in politics, we'd hear a speech  such as "Never in the time of this parliament, have we heard so much crap about how bad things could be if we just told the  EU go go get lost and we'd call them them when we needed them, just as they called us when they last needed us ".

You're aware Churchill actually wanted the very kind of Europe everyone now detests, aren't you?