Simply Clever Ice Scraper

How do you scratch glass with plastic?

Also I tried using the ice scraper and it just sent ice all over my hands making them lovely and cold. I switched immediately to my scraper on a stick that I used for my old Focus.

Dirty windows will get scratches when scraping. Those small sandparticles can really mess up a window over time.

And have my insurers laugh down the phone at me when I try to claim after it's been stolen from the drive? I'll stick to the tepid water thanks.

When I drove an auto, I had a remote start alarm. Starts the car, with the doors locked and the steering lock on, and if you went for a gear with the keys still out it stalled it.

Worked great until you left the ac on cold the night before!

I need a scraper for the INSIDE of the front screen.

Two mornings running now.

Starting to annoy!

Silica Gel bags are your friend. Also Autoglym fast glass (more IPA than anything else) helps prevent this.

• Like 1

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ring-RF100-Car-Heater-Cooler/dp/B000V1WDSK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1480623199&sr=8-1&keywords=12v+in+car+heater

The 12V stays live with the ignition off - so plug this in ten mins before you leave, lock up & walk away?

Reviews aren't great though...

Wonder how long before the battery dies though, should you get distracted... ;-)

Edited by robs12

So after my original post about the fuel flap being frozen, my fuel flap woes continued when I found today that it was jammed shut!

Nipped out of work at lunchtime to pick something up and fill it up, got to the petrol station and found I couldn't open the fuel flap door. Not ideal when the maxidot is showing 0 miles range!

Ended up calling Skoda Assist, who to their credit, were helpful and suggested to unlock and lock the car repeatedly, whilst trying to bash the fuel flap door. After a few attempts it popped open, so the lock must have jammed, as previous attempts to bash and prise it open failed.

Panic over and hopefully it won't jam again!

post-132360-0-67978400-1480623352_thumb.jpg

What is this scraping process you all talk about ? I open the garage door and drive out. Two miles down the road and heat pours into the car....

What is this scraping process you all talk about ? I open the garage door and drive out. Two miles down the road and heat pours into the car....

You must be in the 5% minority of garage owners that actually use it for something other than a junk store... :P

You must be in the 5% minority of garage owners that actually use it for something other than a junk store... :p

I had my garage custom built. The things they call garages with a new house purchase, look like a box room to me. So Mr Shiny gets a warm dry room every night.

Often and night before de-icer because when the temperature is staying below freezing pouring warm water in not a smart or 'Simply Clever' idea.

Also had to wee on a Fuel Filler flap at all night filling stations when the flap would not open.

Obviously there may be CCTV operating, but needing fuel took priority over worrying about being an internet sensation.

Other people must drive straight from the bat cave, not park up anyplace for long and then return home to tuck their vehicle up, 

or just leave it only in heated buildings.

Edited by Offski

Fair point.

Perhaps I've been playing with fire these past 20 years.

I'd still sit inside the car and wait for the engine to warm up as opposed to getting a scraper out!

The wear from sitting there idling is much higher than from actually driving it.

If you want to get it warm, get a stick on sump heater. A 250W one can be turned on in the morning and working just fine in no time.

This.

Not rocket science people, cavemen worked out a way to keep their surroundings warm...........

Yes, the fan heater in through the boot and on the parcel shelf works a treat.

The only down side is warm air, plus cold damp air from blowers = condensation on the screen.

I found that turning on the ignition and making sure the vents are set to the floor until you have a bit of heat in the car works a treat.

Saying that everyone in Germany just uses these:

https://www.aldi.co.uk/snow-brush-and-ice-scraper-set/p/092836020007300

As for the sweedish one, that looks like an interesting corporate gift...

https://www.driveden.com/exterior-accessories-c5/winter-car-accessories-c232/swedish-ice-scraper-with-neoprene-holder-p65992

So geniuses, I guess none of you like us, simply check the weather forecast and put something over your screen over night if you don't have front heated screens ???

K.I.S.S

(£1 screen cover, old carpet or throw etc ). Simply wake up, remove, just do side windows while rear is heating.

Its the quickest and easiest solution ever.

Sorry if this old school stuff is probably not 21st century enough you lot that need some kind of gadget in this day and age.

It tried this the other day and it wouldn't lock with the engine running 

You have to do a bit of VCDS tweaking. I think it will lock the door but not do anything else (deadlock/alarm etc).

They talk about it here

EDIT: just seen you liked that post too so obviously seen it  :D

Edited by flybynite
  • Like 1

You must be in the 5% minority of garage owners that actually use it for something other than a junk store... :P

If more people did, insurance might be cheaper for everybody.