Any National Trust members here?

Dr Zoidberg

We've always joked that there's a car park full of sensible middle class Skodas every time we go to a National Trust property but today set a record.
There was a convoy of three Octavias that formed up as we headed into Croome Park this morning. We then parked next to two more Octavias in a row, and elsewhere in the car park was at least a couple of Yetis, couple of Roomsters and a primer grey VRS.

I'm in :)

I think I'm allergic to their crayfish sandwiches though, as my legs came up in a horrendous rash on the one occasion I had them

Edited by Brimma
  • Like 1

Yep. We have a 'lucky dip jar' of all the NT places within a 3 hour trip for those times when neither of us can make a decision about where to go . If we are out and about we use the NT app to find places near us. We usually have at least one trip out per month all for the cost of a couple of pints - brilliant value.

• Like 2

The cheapest way to get entry is to join the New Zealand equivalent for about £35 - you'll get into English Heritage properties too, but nothing goes to the NT to contribute to the upkeep so I wouldn't consider it.

It's excellent value for money as it is, and I wouldn't try and cheat the system.

I'm not sure what we pay per Year, but I'm not bothered if someone else can get something cheaper than I can.

On our trip out this afternoon we saw a wild Barn Owl, sitting on some fencing by the side of an actual barn! Never seen one in the wild. It flew off clutching some lunch. Worth the Membership alone, that was!

Edited by Isocrem

On our trip out this afternoon we saw a wild Barn Owl, sitting on some fencing by the side of an actual barn! Never seen one in the wild. It flew off clutching some lunch. Worth the Membership alone, that was!

We keep a barn owl as a pet; he was of wild origin and was injured and is now permanently disabled.

He can fly but not for long and not for long enough to be able to sustain a life as a wild bird.  Vets wanted to put him to sleep..........not on my watch.

He sleeps in our summerhouse, warm and safe from predators.  He's also very soppy.......watch Jason And The Argonauts and see how dopey BooBoo is......multiply that by 5 and you have our baby.

He can be hand fed and he makes loving noises while we're doing it.

Just because "official" sites say it's bad doesn't mean it is.

• Like 2

Our local NT property gets a visit from us at least once a month. It's a vast estate and miles of walking to be had, that alone is worth the annual subs.

We have done around a dozen properties this past year, some new to us some re visits, never get tired of any. Been a member for many years as we were caravanners so it sort of went hand in hand with that.

My daughter and hubby joined this year, 3 kids too and they have already been to places they wouldn't dream of going before.

Hey I could be a rep for them :notme: I'd want paying though.  :clap: 

@offski

Not gonna quote that as its a bit pic heavy, but Culzean looks brilliant :D

I want that in my backgarden...

Funny part, its probably built stronger than similar wooden castles/keeps of the actual era :)

Yeah, we got a family membership. I've got a Fania VRS, is that too racy for national trust??

Little tip, get a Scottish membership, it's cheaper than the English equivalent but you still get into all the same property's, and at many places you'll get a different colour entrance sticker with a Scottish card too. That alone is worth it surly.