I'd just like to say goodbye to Mr Grumpy.

sharkrider

:( manys an entertaining exchange was read and posted even during my relatively short membership here.

He will be missed from this community and no doubt his other walks of life if he provided half as much entertainment as he did here.

He sent me a pm thanking me for the support back in May when he posted about his treatment. Which i thought was incredibly nice - given the timing id wouldnt exoect anyone in his position to have taken that time for a total stranger.. indication of the man he was despite the username :s

Send my condolences to Mrs G for me Sharkrider.

Edited by mac11irl
  • Like 2

Oh my life no , I am so so sorry to hear this

He was a funny guy with a real sence of humour

I am saddened to hear this news

We did used to have a real banter too

So sorry and please pass on my thoughts and regards too to his Mrs

Sarah ( with a heavy heart)

• Like 1

Oh my life no , I am so so sorry to hear this

He was a funny guy with a real sence of humour

I am saddened to hear this news

We did used to have a real banter too

So sorry and please pass on my thoughts and regards too to his Mrs

Sarah ( with a heavy heart)

My Mark has just been told too , bless he remembers their chats too , they both have the same mad humour
  • Like 1

I've just been informed of this sad news. Graham always made me laugh on the forums at the meets, the drives out and when he fell in love with my old Fabia and bought it the same night. May he wreak havoc wherever his next stop is. My sincere condolences to his family and friends.

• Like 3

Just read this, Very sad. R I P Grumpy.

I've met Graham on several occasions, utterly bonkers but a  pleasure to be with.

He had a bonkers dog too, Dave, perhaps Grahams humour rubbed off on Dave the Dog

Will be sadley missed

AG

Edited by Auric Goldfinger
  • Like 2

I had no idea. Such a shame. I found him a good chap on here and by the accounts of others, he was good in real life too.

I recall having some dealings with him a long time back and he was so helpful. Of course, as a Briskodian, he would be.

Sincerest condolences to his family.

He will be missed here too, but no comparison.

• Like 2

Very sad news - a true Briskoda legend.

Graham helped me plan and lead the driving route when I organised the first Burrs Camping meet (back in 2006 I think). The stop off point on this was the Turnpike Inn (overlooking the dam near Ripponden) and from there we started the monthly Lancs / Yorks meet which later moved to the The Malt House just down the road in Rishworth.

Great memories and as others have said he was anything but grumpy once you got to know him. He wasn't backward at saying what he thought though, and I seem to remember him getting a Brisky ban on  more than one occasion.

Condolences to the WO and the HC (as he fondly called them).

RIP Graham

• Like 4