Modifying Your Fabia MK III

14 minutes ago, Roottootemblowinootsoot said:

Have you tried 99 ron?   Was the remap figures for improved power not based on 98 ron that is not available in the UK?

Looking back at my emails I said 97/98 ron so it's possible he did it to 98 at first.

Just now, Roottootemblowinootsoot said:

If you are in the UK any remapper would surely know there is no retailer with 98 ron.

?

Are you not near a place with Tesco Momentum 99. It costs no more than anyone's 97 ron.

I presume so, maybe he did tune it to 97, either way, he adjusted it when I took it back. 
Yeah, not far from Tesco actually. Even though it's tuned to run on 97 would it be better to run 99?

It would not be any worse and cost you no extra.

If getting a remap it seems to me as well to get the higher octane fuel and at least see if you notice any difference.

Even still use it if no difference felt.  97 ron is 97 ron minimum, as 99 ron is 99 ron minumum.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Roottootemblowinootsoot said:

It would not be any worse and cost you no extra.

If getting a remap it seems to me as well to get the higher octane fuel and at least see if you notice any difference.

Even still use it if no difference felt.  97 ron is 97 ron minimum, as 99 ron is 99 ron minumum.

Yeah I chose 97 because I usually fill up at Sainsburys and thought most super was 97/98 apart from V-power. I didn't even realise Tesco did 99 at no extra cost or I probably would have gone for that.

On 02/06/2018 at 12:49, Lemto said:

Hello folks, 

Got the new alloys on on Thursday, decided to get new tyres too so I can put the oem ones on as winter wheels. I personally like how it looks, and I think it could be helpful for anyone else interested in getting new alloys for their Fabia. Feels like I’m driving a new car B)

497B3B34-1C89-4D1B-81D9-45D54FD83507.jpeg

Im sorry if im asking you to repeat yourself for 100x but... what rims are those? where can i order? :D
THANKS!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, krdza_vRS said:

Im sorry if im asking you to repeat yourself for 100x but... what rims are those? where can i order? :D
THANKS!

Funnily enough, you're the first to ask mate! They are Japan Racing JR12, 17x8 ET33 5x100/114.3 Hyper Silver. I got them at Driftworks, but they're probably available elsewhere. One caveat though, as they are chrome, diamond cut alloys they are very prone to corrosion. Although I put some Gtechniq alloy ceramic coating on them which done brilliantly to begin with, I stupidly scuffed every wheel at least once which I think has introduced some corrosion. Just some food for thought, don't make the same mistakes I did! I'm gonna have to pay to get them refurbished. If you end up getting them, or any alloys for that matter, some ceramic coating will go a long way. I think it lasts a year or more and makes cleaning them insanely easy.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Lemto said:

Funnily enough, you're the first to ask mate! They are Japan Racing JR12, 17x8 ET33 5x100/114.3 Hyper Silver. I got them at Driftworks, but they're probably available elsewhere. One caveat though, as they are chrome, diamond cut alloys they are very prone to corrosion. Although I put some Gtechniq alloy ceramic coating on them which done brilliantly to begin with, I stupidly scuffed every wheel at least once which I think has introduced some corrosion. Just some food for thought, don't make the same mistakes I did! I'm gonna have to pay to get them refurbished. If you end up getting them, or any alloys for that matter, some ceramic coating will go a long way. I think it lasts a year or more and makes cleaning them insanely easy.

And what tyre size are you running? Have you had any rubbing issues?

They look amazing BTW!

Just now, jordi_24 said:

And what tyre size are you running? Have you had any rubbing issues?

They look amazing BTW!

I can't remember off the top of my head, sorry mate. There seems to be more of a stretch on them than the stock 17" Skoda alloys, which looks nicer in my opinion. As for rubbing, I didn't have any issues with that until I got my coilovers, it sometimes rubs when I'm going around a corner with someone in the passenger seat. But I'd say that's more down to the coilovers than the tyres/alloys. Thanks for the compliment, I've been thinking of selling my Fabia, alloys and all but I love it so much lol!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Lemto said:

Haha mate thank you so much for this information and your posts, they are really helpful i would have never thought about that :D Wheels look fantastic, will definitely get a set!! Just got my fabia stage 1 tuned, and its time to order some lowering springs, how are those eibach's holding, would you still recommend them?

Hey guys!

Since my last post, my Fabia has gone through a couple of mods, notably the following:

• Rims - Enkei RPF1s: 17x8, ET35 [Lug Nut: 17mm Hex Head, 60 Degrees Conical, 47mm x 27mm, M14 x 1.5]
  • Tyres - Bridgestone Potenza RE71Rs (215/45 R17)
  • Suspension - BC BR Coilovers (+15 Fronts, Softest Setting on Rears)

Individually, what are my thoughts on all of the mods so far?

• Rims - Noticeably heavier than stock 17x7 wheels (or the increased steering weight may be because of the tyres).
  • Tyres - Amazing grip (haven't reach limit yet)... Feedback is not as great as my Kumho PS31s.
  • Suspension - Love the adjustment; Car looks beautiful, and is stiff and planted around corners.
  • Whiteline Rear Sway Bar - While driving hard, managed to make the rear rotate. That was actually fun HAHAH.

Don't really have any additional plans for my car, though i have been interested in a Monte Carlo wing oop...

86969799_2964480823603275_77777606872578

Edited by xCelcia
  • Like 2

On 17/11/2019 at 21:20, steslatt said:

Dannyboy answered for me! 

With 215/35/18 tyres

Quick question, as I'm such a noob when it comes to this. Does it mean that higher ET will make them stick out more? :S I found super cheap original oz racing ultraleggera 7jx17 ET48, any idea will this fit, i think its from impreza sti? @Dannyboy85 help 😄

1 hour ago, krdza_vRS said:

Quick question, as I'm such a noob when it comes to this. Does it mean that higher ET will make them stick out more? :S I found super cheap original oz racing ultraleggera 7jx17 ET48, any idea will this fit, i think its from impreza sti? @Dannyboy85 help 😄

Higher ET will push the centre of the rims in not out. For example, changing the offset from ET38 to ET48 would push the centre of the rims in by 10mm. Find a diagram that explains offset, as it's easier to understand with diagrams.

The centre bore on Subaru rims is 56.1mm so won't fit the Skoda Fabia which has 57.1mm centre bores.

Edited by Carlston
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Carlston said:

Higher ET will push the centre of the rims in not out. For example, changing the offset from ET38 to ET48 would push the centre of the rims in by 10mm. Find a diagram that explains offset, as it's easier to understand with diagrams.

The centre bore on Subaru rims is 56.1mm so won't fit the Skoda Fabia which has 57.1mm centre bores.

Thank you very much for fast and detail explanation! I had them on hold so good thing i didn't buy them immediately 😄

On 06/02/2020 at 13:18, steslatt said:

Yeah I chose 97 because I usually fill up at Sainsburys and thought most super was 97/98 apart from V-power. I didn't even realise Tesco did 99 at no extra cost or I probably would have gone for that.

You've got me on tenterhooks 😛 Any updates?

Wheel spacers subtract from offset, ET46 = ET48 with 2mm spacer. ET36 = ET46 with 10mm spacer.

@krdza_vRS ET48 will fit, but there's a slight chance of it rubbing something inside. Grab a pair of 2mm spacers and you'll be fine.

17 inch as standard is 7J x 17 with ET46.

Edited by FabiaGonzales
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

With this whole "stay at home" thing I've finally gone and debadged the Fabia! 

I've been meaning to do it for a while and I'm glad I did it, the rear now just looks a whole lot cleaner without the letters 👌

It was super straight forward - I used an old bank card and didn't even need to heat up the glue, the card on its own was enough. Then when all the letters were off, I sprayed some WD40 and the sticky stuff came off easily. 👍

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Fab1493 said:

With this whole "stay at home" thing I've finally gone and debadged the Fabia! 

I've been meaning to do it for a while and I'm glad I did it, the rear now just looks a whole lot cleaner without the letters 👌

It was super straight forward - I used an old bank card and didn't even need to heat up the glue, the card on its own was enough. Then when all the letters were off, I sprayed some WD40 and the sticky stuff came off easily. 👍

I think I might go for this on the weekend.

In other news, I removed the wind deflectors the other day and noticed the rubbers are slightly damaged from where the retaining clips have been sat against them for 4/5 months or whatever it is. I think I'll chuck those back up tonight or tomorrow morning as the 'lockdown' has meant my work travel is to one site rather than two so doing 140 fewer motorway miles per week. Less wind noise/time on the road so more incentive to have wind deflectors. :)

Edited by Benz3ne

On 06/02/2020 at 13:18, steslatt said:

C'mon you've got me on pins! 😛 where are these updates?

Hope everyone is keeping safe right now, too. 

Not sure if anyone knows of this guy but he is running a 2016 Ibiza 1.2 TSI 90 Stage 3 hybrid turbo in the UK - he's on Instagram @dislxud if you guys want to check out the progress. 

Doesn't look like he's been running it a long time but it seems like the only engine mods are decat exhaust, air intake and the turbo which sees it about 180 bhp. 👌

I thought some people here might be interested in checking this out as I believe this is the first 1.2 TSI in the UK with hybrid turbo fitted. 

• Thanks 1

After reading @Fab1493 post and many other on this tread, i'm wondering has anyone done stage 2 tune? Is there a way to tune it somewhere near 150hp without swapping the turbo? 

All i could find is remap(lets call it stage 1) which gets you around 130-140hp and this stage 3 with new turbo, catback, intake etc..

24 minutes ago, krdza_vRS said:

After reading @Fab1493 post and many other on this tread, i'm wondering has anyone done stage 2 tune? Is there a way to tune it somewhere near 150hp without swapping the turbo? 

All i could find is remap(lets call it stage 1) which gets you around 130-140hp and this stage 3 with new turbo, catback, intake etc..

Yep! 

Decat/Sports cat & intake allows for a stage 2 tune which usually gets 150 - 155 bhp on the dyno (based on tunes I've seen JBS do).

@krdza_vRS Are you in Montenegro? If so you may want to check in your area what tuners are offering for the 1.2 TSI. I recall looking for stage 2 for the 1.2 TSI and very few tuners actually do it here in the UK even though JBS does them quite regularly

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Fab1493 said:

Yep! 

Decat/Sports cat & intake allows for a stage 2 tune which usually gets 150 - 155 bhp on the dyno (based on tunes I've seen JBS do).

@krdza_vRS Are you in Montenegro? If so you may want to check in your area what tuners are offering for the 1.2 TSI. I recall looking for stage 2 for the 1.2 TSI and very few tuners actually do it here in the UK even though JBS does them quite regularly

No real such thing as stage 1 2 3 just easy way to say it, generally always need a remap to get the best out of it but i guess you would call 1 remap 2 exhaust intake and injectors and 3 turbo n sports cat. i have exhaust intake n bluespark forge bov atm but planning custom remap when covid 19 is over

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Pumbajunior said:

No real such thing as stage 1 2 3 just easy way to say it, generally always need a remap to get the best out of it but i guess you would call 1 remap 2 exhaust intake and injectors and 3 turbo n sports cat. i have exhaust intake n bluespark forge bov atm but planning custom remap when covid 19 is over

@Pumbajunior Yeah, totally agree with you, that's why I said "lets call it stage 1" :D Did you put it on the dyno, how much hp are you making at the moment?
@Fab1493 yes I am, but couldn't find anyone who does stage 2 on 1.2tsi...
Also, since my car is remapped to 135hp will adding an exhaust or intake give a power
increase or do I need another remap when I fit all those mods? In other words, will the ECU recognize that there is more air/fuel and adjust accordingly?

Thanks!