vRS245 ordered club

If you've had your current lease deal through  VW finance if you ring them up they should increase  it by up to 3 months at the same price you are paying now and you can hand the car back any time within that 3 months. Thats what i did last year on my old car.

Not so worried by extending the lease although my current one is near £70/mth more expensive than the 245 deal so would be £200 out of pocket.  Bigger issue is if I go beyond March 7th I need to spend c£500 on the car for new tyres, MOT + service.  So the delay will end up costing me £700 overall.  If I get a delivery before 7 March then no probs but after that i’m In serious territory of looking at alternatives

5 hours ago, Reddazforever said:

Not so worried by extending the lease although my current one is near £70/mth more expensive than the 245 deal so would be £200 out of pocket.  Bigger issue is if I go beyond March 7th I need to spend c£500 on the car for new tyres, MOT + service.  So the delay will end up costing me £700 overall.  If I get a delivery before 7 March then no probs but after that i’m In serious territory of looking at alternatives

So 10 or 11 months into your new deal will pay for the delay ?

Dealer informed me that mine has been pushed back from week 3 to week 7. So similar to the above, my current lease car will need MOT, tyres, service etc, in addition to the early termination costs. Expense I didn't account for because I quoted at the time of ordering 12-16 week delivery. So worst case at 16 weeks would have been no where near my current lease car's 3rd year birthday... 

So I'll be giving the current lease car back before these costs and managing with just the wife's car, or the 245 will come forward again! What a ball ache. 

I am still provisionally on BW16, I see the odd one nr where I live and tell the missus and kids thats what I am getting eventually!

Well dont think the ones I saw were 245s, can you get 230s with the same wheels as a 245?

Just now, martysparty99 said:

I am still provisionally on BW16, I see the odd one nr where I live and tell the missus and kids thats what I am getting eventually!

Well dont think the ones I saw were 245s, can you get 230s with the same wheels as a 245?

Yes but they are gunmetal grey instead of black 

same wheels just anthracite instead of black which is on the 245. still 19's

Hmmm, the one I saw yesterday I am sure was black but it was a 66 plate so cant be a 245 eh

Correct :) The wheels do look very similar at a glance though.

5 minutes ago, un1eash said:

Just cancelled my order, still no build week and it'll cost to much to informally extend my current lease as they charge true rental value per month. 

that's a shame, what did you have ordered?

23 minutes ago, ClarkyStu said:

that's a shame, what did you have ordered?

Basic manual 245 in red. Was looking to keep costs down for the next couple years so its a real shame. Will be looking at a used 320i xDrive now.

2 hours ago, un1eash said:

Basic manual 245 in red. Was looking to keep costs down for the next couple years so its a real shame. Will be looking at a used 320i xDrive now.

shame indeed, hope it works out for you buddy,

I am still at BW 16 "Provisional"

I will get an update on this on the 18th jan, hoping and praying for some good news as that day is my birthday!

Dealer said they'd pray to the skoda gods for some good news!

Best I can hope for!

3 hours ago, martysparty99 said:

3 hours ago, matt9407 said:

Yes but they are gunmetal grey instead of black 

3 hours ago, ClarkyStu said:

same wheels just anthracite instead of black which is on the 245. still 19's

The Pre FL 230 has Black Gloss 19" wheels

Edited by Auric Goldfinger

Guest garpat32

I thought that a build week is only confirmed the week before the car is actually built, and any build weeks "allocated" by dealers or lease companies outside of that was just guess work?

Maybe wrong?

1 hour ago, alex_e3 said:

I've ordered from Simpsons Skoda in Preston, but still coughed up £500 deposit :o :wondering:

Same! Presumed it was typical at all dealers. So my provisional build week has gone from 5, 4, 3, 7 and now back to 4. Pretty pathetic customer service.