vRS245 ordered club

56 minutes ago, Ursicles said:

Car to keep u mobile when your past 18 weeks and skoda havent delivered your vehicle, or in my case, ordered october and dont yet have a build date :)

I was never offered anything of the sort as my current car is privately owned. Also I was buying from a dealer and not one of the lease companies.

Wouldn’t worry too much about the 18 weeks.  I asked for compensation as soon as I knew my 245 wouldn’t be delivered as had been promised a date by the dealer when I signed.  I’ve not put any deposit down and CS simply asked what I wanted. I asked for them to cover any additional motoring costs incurred until my 245 arrived and they agreed. Am driving around in my Mk3 (which was due to be returned on 7 March) and CS have agreed to reimburse me for the costs of my MOT and 2 new tyres.  If you’re promised delivery on a date and it doesn’t happen and you’re materially impacted then get into CS immediately and ask them to sort it.  The service from CS (Maxine) has been pretty good so no grumbles from me on that side

On 16/04/2018 at 12:21, shyVRS245 said:

I don't know how many 245 owners have put their car on a dyno-run but mine only produced 248.6bhp as standard running Shell V-Power which is 99 octane like Tesco Momentum. There are other engine mods over the 230 such as up rated pistons and valves and a higher pressure fuel pump to squirt more fuel in so it should give a lot more power reliably when you start playing with the fuel/air mixture on a re-map. The increases that Dave W states do seem very good if no other work has been done and he does not mention what fuel was used for the re-map or whether he is now using standard 95 octane unleaded.

image.jpg

Hiya there. My dyno run and tune was done on bog standard supermarket 95 octane unleaded, as that is what it will run on 9o% of the time. Also, no other work has been done to the motor at all. I picked a dyno tune, as I wanted specific power gains, and not just hyper power that is unusable on the normal  driving conditions. I really am enjoying our new VRS estate, as I hope you 245 drivers are enjoying yours. Best wishes, and safe driving, Dave W

6 hours ago, Gobsheene said:

I was never offered anything of the sort as my current car is privately owned. Also I was buying from a dealer and not one of the lease companies.

I asked my dealer what could they do, next thing he sorted me out with a car (supplied by skoda)  My old car was not a skoda and I still had it until this week.

Worth asking, as you say if you don't ask you don't get :-)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, martysparty99 said:

I asked my dealer what could they do, next thing he sorted me out with a car (supplied by skoda)  My old car was not a skoda and I still had it until this week.

Worth asking, as you say if you don't ask you don't get :-)

Tbh I've no need of one I have the wife's car and an utter beast of a car I can use. That's if I can handle it's raw power! 

A 2000 1.4vvti 5 door Corolla haha

I think Skoda have been absolutely brilliant and very generous with the compensation they have offered related to delays. Some of us secured great deals on the 245 at the time of order so it's surprising they are bending over backwards to keep us happy. Really impressed. 

1 minute ago, Mada said:

I think Skoda have been absolutely brilliant and very generous with the compensation they have offered related to delays. Some of us secured great deals on the 245 at the time of order so it's surprising they are bending over backwards to keep us happy. Really impressed. 

Agreed, I bought on PCP with a significant discount. When it became clear that the car would take a while to come they looked after me. I won't say exactly what I got but it was worth over 1k to me. Picking up Saturday 24 weeks after ordering!

My car is being delivered on Friday after ordering in October and build on 13th March. I tried with the CS route as I had to keep my Fabia VRS for a good few months longer than I wanted. No dice apparently 25/26 weeks in within their expected lead time apparently.

Well I'm back to having an unconfirmed build week again after having no dates for the last 3 months, it is now down as week 21 but could move closer or further away before I get a confirmed build week but at least it's a move in the right direction.

On ‎17‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 16:02, Ursicles said:

Was that £300 on top of the mobex car?

I contacted my dealer to ask about any compensation, he said we can broach that with skoda cs when my car arrives.  So that on top of the mobex, happy days!

19 hours ago, njr911 said:

My car is being delivered on Friday after ordering in October and build on 13th March. I tried with the CS route as I had to keep my Fabia VRS for a good few months longer than I wanted. No dice apparently 25/26 weeks in within their expected lead time apparently.

Hatch or Estate, Manual or DSG and finally what colour if you don't mind me asking?

23 hours ago, Mada said:

I totally agree on this!

I have a superb til mine arrives, god knows when that will be - but in the meantime, free motoring in a very nice car.

Will push them for compo after - if i get it, great - if not, least i tried!

On 19/04/2018 at 09:53, shyVRS245 said:

Enjoy hope you like it you definately have more patience than me, 6 months waiting!

Its arrived at lunchtime, very pleased with it. The colour is great with the wheels and there are plenty of toys to keep you entertained, not had chance to take if for a proper drive but in full auto non VRS mode it's very civilised. I assume all injuns are pre run in these days? Does anyone know when the first service is due as I've left the service book at work.

15 minutes ago, njr911 said:

Its arrived at lunchtime, very pleased with it. The colour is great with the wheels and there are plenty of toys to keep you entertained, not had chance to take if for a proper drive but in full auto non VRS mode it's very civilised. I assume all injuns are pre run in these days? Does anyone know when the first service is due as I've left the service book at work.

10000 fixed or when the dash tells you if it is on variable, depending on your driving routine 14000+ I imagine. Service records seem to done on line now, part of the big mystery...

25 minutes ago, njr911 said:

Depends whether it's fixed servicing at 12 months or 9,400 miles or variable at 2 years or approximately 17,000 miles.

1 hour ago, njr911 said:

Hurrah!

Service book? Did you get one?

Edited by juan27

5 hours ago, njr911 said:

Mine was delivered this morning too. Very impressed with it so far, totally worth the wait! 

Had a quick scroll through the menus and spotted the first  service is due at 19k miles. This can't be right, surely?!? 

2 hours ago, Reddazforever said:

You can ask for printouts from a local dealer if you want

Or look on the MySkoda App where you can print out yourself.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

They only give you a manual these days because all the service records are kept on computer.

Indeed.

2 hours ago, Shak245 said:

Mine was delivered this morning too. Very impressed with it so far, totally worth the wait! 

Had a quick scroll through the menus and spotted the first  service is due at 19k miles. This can't be right, surely?!? 

The servicing schedule is defaulted to variable from the manufacturer. 

The oil used from Skoda will be long life based on 2yr intervals. 

Personally I’m having my vehicle serviced annually on a fixed plan. So that’s every 10k. Better for the car and adds peace of mind. 

The dealer will be able to amend the service type on the system to fixed when it goes in for its first one. 

Edited by EddGee
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1