vRS245 ordered club

2 minutes ago, Reddazforever said:

Do you drive like a slug in eco mode with air con off? :D

47mpg is what i’m getting in my diesel vrs over 38k Miles 

NO use INDIVIDUAL mode everything in SPORT except steering I like it in normal because you shouldn't wrestle the steering wheel you should caress it. Re-map gives loads of torque at low revs so can change up early in manual gearbox and Shell V-Power helps every tank. Just filled after 290 miles used 33 litres exactly at an average of 39.94 MPG. I have always been easy on the fuel. 1990 MR2 GT 160BHP averaged 36mpg and my 1994 E36 BMW 325i Coupe averaged between 28-32MPG with re-mapped 199BHP.

13 minutes ago, Reddazforever said:

Would love to map the new 245 wen I get it but is a lease... maybe in 3 years if the price is good

Yeah thought it was fast as standard but have mapped 6 cars now and so much better to drive. Had a bit of fun with a Honda S2000 yesterday (237bhp I think) and I bet he was confused.com by the way I shot past him in 3rd gear exiting a roundabout. Feels as fast as a standard Golf R but for a lot less cash. Shame yours will be a lease perhaps we will bump into each other sometime and you can experience what your missing. HA HA.:D:D

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Reddazforever said:

Would love to map the new 245 wen I get it but is a lease... maybe in 3 years if the price is good

Trade think 3 year old VRS245 will be worth £13,000. Just read new Porsche 911 GT3 RS which starts at £141,000 has 469NM of torque. But my Octavia has 467NM at much lower rpm so it will pull away from a Nissan 370Z even in 5th gear.

10 hours ago, garpat32 said:

Is this the 245 owners thread?

Well there is a (nother) 245 thread...but that's only been around for a short while. When this one started there were no 245 owners, just people with them on order. Hence the title. As time has moved on 245 owners have contributed since delivery as well as those waiting. So it is was, at least until recently, the de facto 245 owners thread. 

Edited by juan27

Right skoda chat just confirmed my car has been built and is on its way to the port of Emden.

when I asked timescales they said it takes a couple of days to get to the port then a week on average to be loaded onto a ship. Overall timescales 6-8 weeks for delivery.... wtf!!

what delivery timescales have others had recently?  Was expecting 3-4 weeks :angry:

1 hour ago, Reddazforever said:

Right skoda chat just confirmed my car has been built and is on its way to the port of Emden.

when I asked timescales they said it takes a couple of days to get to the port then a week on average to be loaded onto a ship. Overall timescales 6-8 weeks for delivery.... wtf!!

what delivery timescales have others had recently?  Was expecting 3-4 weeks :angry:

Mine was stuck at the port for around 8 days, then a couple of days to get to the uk port, then 9 days sat there to then finally arrive at the dealer. They then took another 8 days to turn it around to me. I got very impatient towards the end - I’m sure it’s already in a rant somewhere on here that I got to 199 days since order. Still, I am loving the car!

Edited by ScottyNS
  • Thanks 1

On 02/05/2018 at 20:27, garpat32 said:
14 minutes ago, ScottyNS said:

Mine was stuck at the port for around 8 days, then a couple of days to get to the uk port, then 9 days sat there to then finally arrive at the dealer. They then took another 8 days to turn it around to me. I got very impatient towards the end - I’m sure it’s already in a rant somewhere on here that I got to 199 days since order. Still, I am loving the car!

Hoping my dealer will turn it round pretty quick as i’m Still driving my old mk3 due to the delay and they now own it so the longer they take the longer they wait to get their car back and sell it

4 hours ago, Ursicles said:

Got my call this morning.... car build week is still week 21 - May 21st.

Hang on in there mate.  

Mine was built on 2nd May but has only arrived at Emden today.  Think they must have pushed it there :crying:

• Haha 1

I had confirmation that mine is finally built and is now waiting at the port for shipping to the UK. They're estimating I should have the car by the end of the month, which will be a grand total of ~236 days (nearly 34 weeks) after paying the deposit. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Guest garpat32
16 hours ago, Ursicles said:

Got my call this morning.... car build week is still week 21 - May 21st.

Same here mate.

Still unconfirmed week 21

6 hours ago, Richard_vrs245 said:

I had confirmation that mine is finally built and is now waiting at the port for shipping to the UK. They're estimating I should have the car by the end of the month, which will be a grand total of ~236 days (nearly 34 weeks) after paying the deposit. 

That's pants & big brown ones at that

However, the car is great

• Like 1

Quite happy it's been delayed ... Having loads of building work here, so it should be here just in time to christen my new driveway and **** off the racist neighbours a little more :)

Which to keep on the road though....mx5 mk 1, the M3 or the VRs - first world problems :)

Has anyone taken out the servicing and maintenance plan (plus the option for tyres too)? I wouldn't normally consider it but it seems reasonable value considering the car will need 2x services (one around £150 and the other £250+) and at least 2x tyres (£150 for the same OEM tyres) over 10k miles.

The plan for servicing, maintenance and tyres is £19.21 per month (£461.04 over my 2 year lease). The 2x services and 2x tyres (could be 4) would set me back around £700. Would also be nice to spread the cost and not have the hassle of shopping around for a good deal as well :biggrin:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mada said:

Has anyone taken out the servicing and maintenance plan (plus the option for tyres too)? I wouldn't normally consider it but it seems reasonable value considering the car will need 2x services (one around £150 and the other £250+) and at least 2x tyres (£150 for the same OEM tyres) over 10k miles.

The plan for servicing, maintenance and tyres is £19.21 per month (£461.04 over my 2 year lease). The 2x services and 2x tyres (could be 4) would set me back around £700. Would also be nice to spread the cost and not have the hassle of shopping around for a good deal as well :biggrin:

If you’re leasing, just go with variable servicing.

17 hours ago, Reddazforever said:

Hang on in there mate.  

Mine was built on 2nd May but has only arrived at Emden today.  Think they must have pushed it there :crying:

Heard yesterday mine is off the boat and arrived at the dealer. Should be ready for delivery next week! Its almost here!  Only been waiting since October 9th

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Richard_vrs245 said:

Top marks for patience but it's worth waiting for. Can't prise my keys from the wife at the moment having to commute in her Karoq, having said that it out accelerated a BMW X1 upto 100mph the other day.:D

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Richard_vrs245 said:

Our cars could be on the same boat B)  

Was told by chat team that cars are typically at Emden 7-10 days before boarding a ship.  End of month just seems so far away.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ursicles said:

Quite happy it's been delayed ... Having loads of building work here, so it should be here just in time to christen my new driveway and **** off the racist neighbours a little more :)

Which to keep on the road though....mx5 mk 1, the M3 or the VRs - first world problems :)

Neighbour we share a drive with is having a skip delivered on Friday just hope he doesn't drop it in the wrong place and damage my pride and joy!:blush: