Delivery Timescales

I've just had confirmation from the dealership that my car will be built at week 37. I really hope this doesn't change.

Would I be correct in thinking its build week 35 currently or is that next week?

Edited by MrTaylor

1 minute ago, MrTaylor said:

I've just had confirmation from the dealership that my car will be built at week 37. I really hope this doesn't change.

Would I be correct in thinking its build week 35 currently?

Going by this we are in BW34

https://www.epochconverter.com/weeks/2017

Yeah, it's BW 34.  My understanding is that the date's not set until the car goes to status 20 which is a minimum of 2 weeks before build, i.e. yours should go to status 20 next week for BW37.  Fingers crossed for you!

Did you get anywhere with your compensation conversation?

Edited by peterhardy

7 hours ago, peterhardy said:

Yeah, it's BW 34.  My understanding is that the date's not set until the car goes to status 20 which is a minimum of 2 weeks before build, i.e. yours should go to status 20 next week for BW37.  Fingers crossed for you!

Did you get anywhere with your compensation conversation?

There wasn't any mention of the compensation, but it was just a text to give me the build week. Couldn't call to check as I was at work until around 6pm today. I will call tomorrow morning and find out, I will let you know.

9 hours ago, MrTaylor said:

There wasn't any mention of the compensation, but it was just a text to give me the build week. Couldn't call to check as I was at work until around 6pm today. I will call tomorrow morning and find out, I will let you know.

Thanks!

I emailed Duncan Movassaghi, Skoda UK MD, at lunchtime on Thursday.  Got a reply from his PA saying he wanted her to ensure that "his Customer Resolutions Team manage your concerns on his behalf".  She has "therefore asked the Customer Resolution Team to treat this as a priority and they will be in touch with you shortly with a view to assisting you".

No contact from them on Thursday.  I emailed his PA again lunchtime Friday to ask if I would hear something from them that day as it's the end of the week.  She replied "I can certainly ask the team to call you today. I’ll contact them now".  I don't think it will come as a shock to you to hear that my phone never rang :angry:.  Obviously Monday is a Bank Holiday so I will email again lunchtime Tuesday if I still haven't heard anything.

Last I heard, my car is slated for BW38 but this is far from certain on previous form.  Next week is BW35, so 17 weeks from when I placed my order.  Apparently the car is 'officially late' after 17 weeks so I will be looking for some sort of compensation when the order reaches this point.  If the change to status 20, build locked, is a minimum of 2 weeks before build then my car cannot be built until at least week 37.  This means that my car is going to be a minimum of 2 weeks into this 'officially late' period.

I will let you know if and when the Customer Resolution Team get in touch and what platitudes solutions they offer :blink:.

Edited by peterhardy

On 25/08/2017 at 12:05, themanwithnoaim said:

Keeping my fingers crossed for Juan

Just had an email  the new car is in the UK, so was almost certainly on the Weser Highway.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, juan27 said:

Just had an email  the new car is in the UK, so was almost certainly on the Weser Highway.

Excellent news Juan!  Not long now!

13 hours ago, peterhardy said:

Thanks!

I emailed Duncan Movassaghi, Skoda UK MD, at lunchtime on Thursday.  Got a reply from his PA saying he wanted her to ensure that "his Customer Resolutions Team manage your concerns on his behalf".  She has "therefore asked the Customer Resolution Team to treat this as a priority and they will be in touch with you shortly with a view to assisting you".

No contact from them on Thursday.  I emailed his PA again lunchtime Friday to ask if I would hear something from them that day as it's the end of the week.  She replied "I can certainly ask the team to call you today. I’ll contact them now".  I don't think it will come as a shock to you to hear that my phone never rang :angry:.  Obviously Monday is a Bank Holiday so I will email again lunchtime Tuesday if I still haven't heard anything.

Last I heard, my car is slated for BW38 but this is far from certain on previous form.  Next week is BW35, so 17 weeks from when I placed my order.  Apparently the car is 'officially late' after 17 weeks so I will be looking for some sort of compensation when the order reaches this point.  If the change to status 20, build locked, is a minimum of 2 weeks before build then my car cannot be built until at least week 37.  This means that my car is going to be a minimum of 2 weeks into this 'officially late' period.

I will let you know if and when the Customer Resolution Team get in touch and what platitudes solutions they offer :blink:.

Peter is your dealer not more at fault than Skoda?

They took your order and didn't tell you about the long build times, probably because they didn't want to lose your order.

Skoda sells a lot of cars, but their production capacity is low, so there are long waits.

If you don't want to wait take a car from stock, yeah OK you may have to compromise on spec, but that's the way it is.

I doubt Skoda will offer much, maybe a different car from stock, they can't do a lot else as its a Motability fleet order, so fixed price and fully maintained etc. so they can't give you a discount or free servicing.

9 minutes ago, glosrich said:

Peter is your dealer not more at fault than Skoda?

They took your order and didn't tell you about the long build times, probably because they didn't want to lose your order.

Skoda sells a lot of cars, but their production capacity is low, so there are long waits.

No, because at the time the order was placed my car was showing as BW32, which would have been fine.  As far as wait time is concerned, there's a few other posters on this thread who ordered the same TSI DSG  vRS as me at the same time or later than me yet who have or are about to get their cars.  It seems that the long wait is just for some but no reason for this is forthcoming.

If you don't want to wait take a car from stock, yeah OK you may have to compromise on spec, but that's the way it is.

I looked into this a while ago and was told that there was nothing available and mentioned this on this thread.

I doubt Skoda will offer much, maybe a different car from stock, they can't do a lot else as its a Motability fleet order, so fixed price and fully maintained etc. so they can't give you a discount or free servicing.

I don't hold out much hope either.  Answers to the questions I have asked in my email would be a good start, that's if one of the Customer Resolution Team can manage to fit a call to me into their busy schedule.  I will wait and see what Tuesday brings...

Is there actually any way to track an order or do I have to rely on my dealer for updates? Tried to use the "trackmyskoda" website only to realize its run by dealers other than mine so no info available apart from the usual "waiting for a build date"

Unfortunately, no, there isn't. Honestly I'm surprised noone at Skoda (or any other manufacturer for that matter) has yet thought it would be a cool feature to have for their customers to be able to reliably track the vehicle status on the manufacturer and not dealer level. Especially since the data is there, just not available for a normal customer.

Edited by Mati

You've got to rely on your dealer I'm afraid. I understand that even if you've bought through the dealership group that supports the trackmyskoda site, they still manually update it. You might think that, in this age, Skoda would implement a public interface but it seems they haven't.

guys just wanting some help.. if you change your mind with the colour of the car how does it affect delivery time? Im going for diesel vrs manual with black pack extra... no other extras though... i really like the meteor grey now and ordered black.... :) thanks

As long as it hasn't gone to a status of "confirmed" (about 2 weeks before BW) it shouldn't alter it. I changed to Meteor too (from Quartz) and it didn't make any difference.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Deeejay1054 said:

guys just wanting some help.. if you change your mind with the colour of the car how does it affect delivery time? Im going for diesel vrs manual with black pack extra... no other extras though... i really like the meteor grey now and ordered black.... :) thanks

1 hour ago, Kephigo said:

As long as it hasn't gone to a status of "confirmed" (about 2 weeks before BW) it shouldn't alter it. I changed to Meteor too (from Quartz) and it didn't make any difference.

Surely you guys mean Race Blue?  :biggrin:

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, womblingfree said:

Agreed Peter just has to be race blue, it used to be only ships came in grey (and of course John Major) ;-)

Someone else with that eye for what just 'looks right'  :D

i did have my eye on race blue as looks sporty but also a young look too if that makes sense... i previously had a white car and wanted something different.. black looked mean and sporty when i saw one at the dealers so that made my decision up to order black... but since placing the order i have seen many vrs's in meteor grey with the black pack on... it does look very sporty and could be the  hot colour for cars... it does have a uniqueness to its colour too, i quite like being inidividual too. Cant decide whats best colour still! 

2 hours ago, peterhardy said:

Surely you guys mean Race Blue?  :biggrin:

Nah, I do like it but they ruined it for me when it became no longer an exclusive vrs colour. I like the unpainted look so it was meteor grey for me all the way until I was about to order, then I saw a FL quartz vrs which looked ace so I went for that thinking it would be pretty rare too... Since then every Skoda I've seen has been quartz, so I changed it back to meteor!

1 hour ago, Deeejay1054 said:

i did have my eye on race blue as looks sporty but also a young look too if that makes sense... i previously had a white car and wanted something different.. black looked mean and sporty when i saw one at the dealers so that made my decision up to order black... but since placing the order i have seen many vrs's in meteor grey with the black pack on... it does look very sporty and could be the  hot colour for cars... it does have a uniqueness to its colour too, i quite like being inidividual too. Cant decide whats best colour still! 

Agree with your comments re the race blue.  I suppose the best colour is the one you like best and the meteor grey isn't that common, at least up north!

23 minutes ago, Kephigo said:

Nah, I do like it but they ruined it for me when it became no longer an exclusive vrs colour. I like the unpainted look so it was meteor grey for me all the way until I was about to order, then I saw a FL quartz vrs which looked ace so I went for that thinking it would be pretty rare too... Since then every Skoda I've seen has been quartz, so I changed it back to meteor!

You're dead right about the loss of exclusitivity.  That's why I was initially intending to order the rallye green.  My mind was changed for me when I saw the blue up close in the flesh at the dealers:heart:.