Delivery Timescales

So glad we didn't go for a 245! We've gone long enough trying to run my 2+2 as a family car since October! I still think the 'massive' (in my mind) wait for ours was the seats because they'd stolen them all to put on 245s! I'll probably just get a revo map or something and get it close to 300 anyway.

3 minutes ago, ClarkyStu said:

iv been getting weekly updates from Skoda following a complaint, just been informed my unconfirmed build week have moved from 17 to 4.

Finally some good news.

That's a massive jump - in the right direction!  :thumbup:

2 minutes ago, peterhardy said:

That's a massive jump - in the right direction!  :thumbup:

Originally it was meant to be February delivery which then moved to May so only back to where it was before but I am NOT complaining!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ursicles said:

Prob is mine is through a lease company, so think my ability to complain to them re no clue over delivery date is somewhat limited.

You can complain.

My order was through a lease company but I asked them for the dealership details that they ordered the car from, and then proceeded to hassle that dealership.

This meant I was able to complain and get weekly updates from them.

• Thanks 1

I decided to start nagging my dealer yesterday, saying I want a confirmed build week asap so that I at least know what's going on. Like many others on here, I ordered mid October with a promised delivery date to me of Feb. The dealer called me before Christmas to say it would now be April/May and Live Chat are saying unconfirmed build week 24. I can only hope to have similar success to you @ClarkyStu

I should find out a bit more today...

25 minutes ago, ScottyNS said:

I decided to start nagging my dealer yesterday, saying I want a confirmed build week asap so that I at least know what's going on. Like many others on here, I ordered mid October with a promised delivery date to me of Feb. The dealer called me before Christmas to say it would now be April/May and Live Chat are saying unconfirmed build week 24. I can only hope to have similar success to you @ClarkyStu

I should find out a bit more today...

They wont give you a confirmed date until I think 2 weeks before.
But I get weekly updates now, every Friday morning I get a call with an update on it. Worth a shot, good luck buddy!

Just now, ClarkyStu said:

They wont give you a confirmed date until I think 2 weeks before.
But I get weekly updates now, every Friday morning I get a call with an update on it. Worth a shot, good luck buddy!

Ah ok, well lets see what some pressure will do!

We're still unconfirmed build week 4. I was under the impression that we could make changes to the spec (specifically colour) right up to the time the build week was confirmed, but Live Chat has just told me that once the order is confirmed I can't make any changes to it - is this correct?

On 28/12/2017 at 16:57, DaveLees said:

My 1.5tsi SE Technology, manual was ordered 18th October, built 10th December, arrived at The Port of Tyne 18th December, at dealer on 21st December-am now just waiting to hear about my hand over date.

Spoke with my dealer yesterday, my car has had its pdi and just needs to be registered (I choose a number from the list of available ones).

I've arranged to pick the car up on Wednesday morning, and will get the winter tyres swooped from my current car at the same time.

This will give me a few days to get the insurance changed and my current car ready for collection by BCA next Thursday.

42 minutes ago, Mr Statto said:

We're still unconfirmed build week 4. I was under the impression that we could make changes to the spec (specifically colour) right up to the time the build week was confirmed, but Live Chat has just told me that once the order is confirmed I can't make any changes to it - is this correct?

I was told any changes requested after the order is accepted means a new order is generated at the back of the queue.

Wanted to add Winter Pack but was told March 1st delivery would be at risk.

Ok I couldn't resist checking: "Your vehicle is currently in transit from the factory to port of exit"

And as promised I just got the video from the dealer telling me it was in production.

Whoop Whoop!

Edited by Robbijay

On 20/12/2017 at 13:01, Mr Statto said:

Seems a bit long - we ordered our 1.0 SE on 24 October and have an unconfirmed build week of week 4 2018. Only a few extras (front assist, fold flat front seat, variable boot floor)

On 20/12/2017 at 13:01, Mr Statto said:

Seems a bit long - we ordered our 1.0 SE on 24 October and have an unconfirmed build week of week 4 2018. Only a few extras (front assist, fold flat front seat, variable boot floor)

I have just ordered a 1.0 SE hatch today, few extras and told will be built week 7 and delivery early March, I thought it would be much longer.

3 hours ago, Percy Edwards said:

I have just ordered a 1.0 SE hatch today, few extras and told will be built week 7 and delivery early March, I thought it would be much longer.

What extras did you pick, just out of curiosity?  I'm starting to think it's the colour trip computer that's delaying mine, that was the only extra I went for other than the colour!  Still looking at a build week in April after ordering in November, even though I was told mid-Feb when I ordered...

4 minutes ago, Percy Edwards said:

I ordered colour trip, cornering fogs, spare wheel, privacy glass and folding mirrors so yours should be quicker than mine.  I was really surprised as told 12 weeks +

Lucky...not jealous at all...:D

Hopefully mine gets moved forward!

Edited by jtalep

So mine is now unconfirmed week 11.  So in the space of 7 days it's gone from week 17, to 14 and now 11.  I'm hoping it keeps dropping like this!  Their live chat team are going to be sick of me :D

My TSI VRS has just updated to confirmed build week 3 (Week commencing 15th January). I shall be bothering livechat more frequently next week, does the system actually update during the week once a car is built? I know the build weeks tend to update at some point on Fridays from questioning the livechat.

30 minutes ago, dkvinyls said:

My TSI VRS has just updated to confirmed build week 3 (Week commencing 15th January). I shall be bothering livechat more frequently next week, does the system actually update during the week once a car is built? I know the build weeks tend to update at some point on Fridays from questioning the livechat.

Certainly seems to be the case, I got an updated email from my salesman on Friday about 10 minutes after I asked Live chat what the status was. Hopefully this Friday will be a delivery date!

On 05/01/2018 at 12:46, Mr Statto said:

And we're now confirmed build week 4 :clap: 

Live Chat reckons two weeks to build and then up to 8 weeks for delivery - seems a bit long to me. Should I still be expecting it before the end of February?