What annoyed you today?

Aspman

Summertime!  Spent a couple of hours going around the house resetting the time on the central heating controller, many clocks (though some are radio-controlled and reset themselves), time switches (oh damn, I have just remembered another one, for the outside light), the time on some digital radios, and an annoying little 'Acctim' device that reminds my aged missus what day of the week it is, among other things.  😬

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, OldTrilobite said:

Summertime!  Spent a couple of hours going around the house resetting the time on the central heating controller, many clocks (though some are radio-controlled and reset themselves), time switches (oh damn, I have just remembered another one, for the outside light), the time on some digital radios, and an annoying little 'Acctim' device that reminds my aged missus what day of the week it is, among other things.  😬

So far I've only done my wrist watch, the kitchen & cooker clocks. The car clocks will get done at some point but apart from that I think we are done. Last year my wife's car went right through on BST for the whole year! 

1 hour ago, OldTrilobite said:

Spent a couple of hours going around the house resetting the time on the central heating controller, many clocks...

Indeed, and another hour reading instruction books for some of them first!

• Like 1

Just back from a lovely couple of days in Bridport 😎

Bridport to Eastbourne - mostly A35, A31, M27 and A27.  158 miles, average speed 39mph 🙄🙄

Gaz

Edited by Gaz
  • Sad 1

43 minutes ago, StevesTruck said:

..... when John West came at me from out of nowhere and smacked me in the mouth. 

Was it that bloody bear again?...

He's got a mean right hook!

Gaz

Edited by Gaz
  • Haha 4

Partners son fell down his house stairs in Wales, spent 16 hours in Welsh hospital A&E getting broken finger into a paster cast and CT head scan because of head injury but hospital pharmacy closed so left with a prescription for pain killers and antibiotics instead.

Brought to his mum's house in England to be looked after, took prescription to pharmacy at 2pm who couldn't dispense it as hospital hadn't put his address on it!

So had to temporarily register him at his mum's GP to get a prescription with an address. You would think that's easy as they were given the Welsh hospital prescription? Oh no! GP says that a Welsh prescription isn't valid in England - I thought we had an NHS that was UK wide?

So GP had to phone him and went through a 10 minute description of what happened and his injuries before the GP would issue a prescription. By now the local pharmacy had closed so I had to drive him to the Tesco Extra in Trowbridge (where the pharmacy is open until 8pm).

It's no wonder the NHS is under pressure with levels of unnecessary bureaucracy like this - why does a GP need to question a prescription issued by a hospital consultant, and why is a Welsh prescription not valid in England? It's just crazy!!!

• Sad 6

Solar panel install delay.

Panels went up on my roof earlier last week. 

Pigeon protection netting guy turns up to do his bit & advises that he can't complete because there is a broken roof tile.

Luckily like all semi hoarders I have a few spare roof tiles stashed away so I called the solar company to get someone back to replace the broken tile with my spare. 

Roofing guy turns up & fits tile the day after.

Pigeon netting guy returns yesterday (Friday) at 1pm. Dodges a few showers but then after 1 hr of work advises that there is another broken tile & shows me a picture. Really! On a Friday afternoon? 🤔Humm.

I call solar company who to their credit sent another roofer out to replace the other broken tile with another of my spares within 1 hr .

Now waiting for the pigeon netting guy to return to finish his bit next week so they can remove all the scaffolding.

Still got to wait until early May before the electricians can visit to wire everything up & commission the system.😠 

6 months from ordering & counting 😒

• Sad 3

1 hour ago, PetrolDave said:

It's no wonder the NHS is under pressure with levels of unnecessary bureaucracy like this...   It's just crazy!!!

Indeed...   It never ceases to amaze me how much the service is ruined by bureaucracy! 

The staff do their best but then get caught by process and systems... 

And people are still against reorganisation of the NHS...   when to me it would be a bonus if only to rid itself of some of the bureaucracy.  By all means throw more money at it but please don't spend it on process. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, PetrolDave said:

It's no wonder the NHS is under pressure with levels of unnecessary bureaucracy like this - why does a GP need to question a prescription issued by a hospital consultant, and why is a Welsh prescription not valid in England? It's just crazy!!!

The NHS in Wales and Scotland (possibly NI as well) are devolved from the UK Government, Dave. Crazy that they won't honour a Welsh script in England, though.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, PetrolDave said:

It's no wonder the NHS is under pressure with levels of unnecessary bureaucracy like this - why does a GP need to question a prescription issued by a hospital consultant, and why is a Welsh prescription not valid in England?

Also @skomaz @@Lee Put simply, it's because Ingurlundshire, unlike the more civilised parts of the UK, insists on retaining the Prescription Tax (which costs more to administer than it actually earns(.

People referring to England and Ingurlundshire...   Usually a reprobate called Ken who lives in some place up north.  😉

• Like 2
  • Cheeky 1

1 hour ago, skomaz said:

who lives in some place up north

Or, as mentioned on a very old memorial somewhere near here, “… of North Britain”

Edited by SteveTheElder
  • Like 2

Just Stop Oil protestors apparently (but perhaps not unsurprisingly) believe their cause to be more important than human life.  If that's the case, why are any of them still breathing then, otherwise where is their dedication to the cause?

Don't think I'm even sure what it means.  How do you stop oil that's already there?  (Logically, I suppose the best way to stop it is to prevent it forming in the first place, which'll presumably mean eradicating the planet's flora and fauna, unless I'm missing something).

Think it's time for some chocolate 🙄

Gaz

• Haha 3

35 minutes ago, Gaz said:

How do you stop oil that's already there?

Pumping it all out and burning it works well for me!

• Love it! 1
  • Haha 3

32 minutes ago, J.R. said:

Pumping it all out and burning it works well for me!

Brilliant 😂  That made me chuckle so much!

As it gets pumped out, the planet will surely get smaller, so less surface area.  Which means less flora and fauna, and that'll ultimately reduce the amount of oil being formed.  Think we're on to a winner 👍

G

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gaz said:

Brilliant 😂  That made me chuckle so much!

As it gets pumped out, the planet will surely get smaller, so less surface area.  Which means less flora and fauna, and that'll ultimately reduce the amount of oil being formed.  Think we're on to a winner 👍

G

I had to double check whether I still had my old forum identity J.R. and I do which makes my comment all the better, I wrote it without realising.

I dont think the original J.R. would have planted any trees though!

Spending 5 hours (from 8 AM to 1 PM) waiting at a client's office for a BT Open Reach engineer to turn up, to fix their fibre Internet which has been down since last Friday, only to find out at 1.15 PM that the engineer won't be coming today as a) he couldn't find the building and b) when they rang the office theygot an answerphone.  This despite a) being told twice during the morning the engineer was on their way and to expect them imminently, b) three Open Reach vans managed to find the building yesterday (but none of the three engineers actually fixed the problem) and c) the building is an old WWII airfield control tower, so not easy to miss!

Guess where I'll be from 8 AM tomorrow.....