What annoyed you today?

Aspman

Seems a bit hit & miss at the moment. Was totally blanked out on my first attempt so tried another selection which worked OK, as did others last night. Wasn't on for long though, needed to find some new curtains - not easy when you have the design flair of a vauxhall Belmont.

2 hours ago, Graham Butcher said:

There is an update to Ad Blocker and so far it is working OK, had it installed for 3 days with no YT warning.

Which one are you using Graham?

On 04/11/2023 at 12:12, Gaz said:

Sent back for a full refund 🙄

Eufy asked for it back before issuing a 'full refund' (their words).  Fair enough, I sent it all back.

Having posted it, they sent me an email saying a new one had been ordered.  Which is fine - I'm happy to give it another go.  By the wording of their communications, I presume I've been liaising with an AI bot.

They've sent me a replacement bell push, minus all the other gubbins, so I've a bell push, with nothing to connect it to 🙄

I seem to be getting very easily annoyed these days.

Gaz

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

48 minutes ago, Colin170CR said:

Which one are you using Graham?

I'm using two, in case one decides its not going to work, but the one that is actually active is just called Adblock and you can get it here Surf the web without annoying pop ups and ads! (getadblock.com) and I only have the free option.

15 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Eufy asked for it back before issuing a 'full refund' (their words).  Fair enough, I sent it all back.

Having posted it, they sent me an email saying a new one had been ordered.  Which is fine - I'm happy to give it another go.  By the wording of their communications, I presume I've been liaising with an AI bot.

They've sent me a replacement bell push, minus all the other gubbins, so I've a bell push, with nothing to connect it to 🙄

I seem to be getting very easily annoyed these days.

Gaz

Funny that you mention getting easily annoyed. I got accused of being a "Victor Meldrew" the other day by SWMBO because she says I'm always at odds with everything in general. 

Too damn right because nothing these days is easy or logical! 

I wish they would bring back that TV program program "Grumpy Old Men". Loved Rick Wakeman in that. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Graham Butcher said:

I'm using two, in case one decides its not going to work, but the one that is actually active is just called Adblock and you can get it here Surf the web without annoying pop ups and ads! (getadblock.com) and I only have the free option.

Thanks. I'll give it a go. Might try running more than one at a time & see it that confuses YT. 

16 minutes ago, Colin170CR said:

Thanks. I'll give it a go. Might try running more than one at a time & see it that confuses YT. 

I spoke too soon, just went on YT and I got the warning again. I wonder if using a VPN might confuse it?

14 minutes ago, Graham Butcher said:

I spoke too soon, just went on YT and I got the warning again. I wonder if using a VPN might confuse it?

I have a VPN (Norton) running most of the time & it doesn't seem to matter or stop the YT interference.

8 minutes ago, skomaz said:

He he - I'm regularly told at work that I'm a 'miserable git' - part of it is in jest but there is an element of truth in it too - as I seem to have quite a lot to be miserable about at the moment in work...

I solved that problem 3 years ago by retiring a few years early. The problem is I now have much more time to get angry at so much more stuff I see day to day. Doh!

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Gaz said:

Vacuum ran out of charge three steps from the bottom.  If only it knew 🙄

Problem with our solar panels.  Mrs Gaz asks me to liaise with the provider (her name's on everything related).  While typing an email, I get questions... 'Do you need this... Do you use this... can I throw this away.... what's this paper for?'  I sort of give up on the email.  Go on to Brisky, but our router's gone offline.  Mrs Gaz is holding the router, dusting it, but insists it wasn't her 🙄

Bring the washing in.  It's not quite dry enough to put away 🙄

Look online for ideas as to what's going on with our solar (it's generating 200w max, when I'd be expecting it to generate 3kw).  Visual inspection of the panels and all looks fine.  Mrs Gaz checks the inverter and says all the light are on.  The Eddi has a green 'everything's good' light on.

Told yesterday I could have some (but not all) of the pastrami left in the fridge.  I know these traps, so don't touch it.  Spanish inquisition lunchtime as to why I didn't have any of the pastrami 🙄

Check the solar's dashboard.  Figures are all over the place, not making any sense 🙄

Nicked myself with a sharp knife while doing the washing up 🙄

Get an email from the solar people asking who I am 🙄 and requesting account details.

Get a later reply from the solar people suggesting the Inverter may have been tripped out by storm Ciaran.  The one thing I hadn't checked, and yes, an RCD in the meter cupboard had tripped 🙄

I haven't got any whisky 🙄

Must be nearly bed time :sleepy:

G

I can certainly help with number 10 if you like malt - your place or mine? 😀

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Colin170CR said:

I have a VPN (Norton) running most of the time & it doesn't seem to matter or stop the YT interference.

What browser are you using. I switch between Edge and Firefox and when using Edge, I get these warnings, flipping over to Firefox and YT works perfectly OK. But on Firefox you need to install Adblocker Ultimate as a Firefox Extension and YT works perfectly OK, with or without a VPN.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Graham Butcher said:

What browser are you using. I switch between Edge and Firefox and when using Edge, I get these warnings, flipping over to Firefox and YT works perfectly OK. But on Firefox you need to install Adblocker Ultimate as a Firefox Extension and YT works perfectly OK, with or without a VPN.

I run Chrome ATM. Used to use Firefox years ago. Perhaps I should consider switching back?

Because I run Norton 360 Anti Virus, Anti Track & a few other of their programs, I'm getting a lot of nudges from Norton to use their new "Secure" browser. 

TBH anything might be worth a try to get rid of the ads.

All the recent 1 star reviews (last week or so) complain that it no longer works for Youtube.

49 minutes ago, olddog said:

What are y'all posting about ?

Using f/fox with ad-block ultimate extension for years

That those capitalist pigs at YouTube are daring to force people to watch a couple of adverts before streaming, for free, videos.

The sheer audacity of them 🙄

Maybe they should write strongly worded letters to the Telegraph 🤔

Edited by @Lee
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, @Lee said:

That those capitalist pigs at YouTube are daring to force people to watch a couple of adverts before streaming, for free, videos.

The sheer audacity of them 🙄

Maybe they should write strongly worded letters to the Telegraph 🤔

If it was an advert before watching a video, which are provided free by the creators, then it wouldn't be so bad, but they insist on interrupting in the playback of video and at far greater intervals than TV does, often interrupting every few minutes with zero warning.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Graham Butcher said:

If it was an advert before watching a video, which are provided free by the creators, then it wouldn't be so bad, but they insist on interrupting in the playback of video and at far greater intervals than TV does, often interrupting every few minutes with zero warning.

I recently had to agree to Google's (who own YouTube) updated Ts&C's so I assume you have at some point as well. I never read them but if you've clicked the Agree button then that is what it is.

I gather from your many posts with YT you're a rather heavy user of it no? 

How many ads do you think is fair to watch the amount you do for free? 

23 minutes ago, Mickvrs220 said:

Sign up for premium if ya fed up of adverts ,nothing comes for free or without a catch 👍

What Mick said 👆

Edited by @Lee
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Graham Butcher said:

I've already said, no problem with watching an advert before being allowed to watch the video, but interrupting the video, most of which are only a few minutes long is a big no-no, especially if you're watching some technical video on something, and then you get an advert breaking your concentration every 3 to 5 minutes, is not playing the game.

Unfortunately thats the whole point of adverts,they get on my chubbers too but its free ,and lets be honest google knows everything you do on your phone so doubt you will ever stop them fer long 👍

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Graham Butcher said:

I've already said, no problem with watching an advert before being allowed to watch the video, but interrupting the video, most of which are only a few minutes long is a big no-no, especially if you're watching some technical video on something, and then you get an advert breaking your concentration every 3 to 5 minutes, is not playing the game.

Even worse if it's a music video just before the guitar/drum/Sax solo. 

• Like 3