Sasha’s Octavia vRS

13 hours ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Yeah just gone 235/35R19 myself with Michelin PS4S, very nice, very sticky, bit noisy 

Not had Eagles myself but, the only people I known with them on "tuned" Octavias don't like them, ok for the average car but, bag of **** on anything tuned.  One member of our SEC Briskoda meets with a 14 plate vRS TDI was happy with his Eagle F1A3 until he fitted a DTUK tuningbox then, he decided they were a bag ****

I had eagles on my focus st mk3 running approx 300bhp. They weren't the best terrible in the wet would spin up in 4th once worn to approx 5mm. They seemed to go off before they wore out. I replace them with uniroyal rain expert 3 and they were amazing but wore quickly. I then bought new larger 19" wheels and fitted falken  fk510 and I really rated these. Will prob buy again for my VRS.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Yeah just gone 235/35R19 myself with Michelin PS4S, very nice, very sticky, bit noisy 

Also running these grip like nothing else. On the cheaper side, I ran UniRoyal RS3's on my extremes and I liked them. However they are noisy, which I found out after fitting the PS4S's which are so quiet.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SashaGrace said:

I’m running Uniroyal RS3 on the Benz and they have been really good tbh. Would go for them again :)

They are really good tyres for the money. But on the octavia they had noise issues (nothing that I couldn't live with though) and only noticed since moving to the PS4S

• Like 2

Don’t suppose you’d be interested in a set of coilovers? I reckon it would look really good on a set with all the mods you’ve been doing, selling my set even though they have only done 1000 miles 

• Like 1

Yes and No.... would be nice but I really have to fix and sell my Mercedes as the damn thing has started to fall apart now it’s noticed it’s for sale. The amount of money it’s costing me is unreal!! But on the other hand it would look good lowered, but on the other other hand I don’t want to ruin the ride! Arghhhh!!!

4 hours ago, SashaGrace said:

Yes and No.... would be nice but I really have to fix and sell my Mercedes as the damn thing has started to fall apart now it’s noticed it’s for sale. The amount of money it’s costing me is unreal!! But on the other hand it would look good lowered, but on the other other hand I don’t want to ruin the ride! Arghhhh!!!

Well they are going cheap! 

Coilovers don’t nessecarily ruin the ride, some can be stiffer but it can depend on the height you’ve lowered it by. 

• Like 1

On 15/06/2018 at 10:27, SunsetZed said:

Love the war stripes and the sticker in the rear window, where did you get them from? Were they AliExpress specials?

Stripes look stupid in my opinion. Ruins the look completely 

1 hour ago, Tim1631 said:

Stripes look stupid in my opinion. Ruins the look completely 

Why comment if you can't say something POSITIVE. There is enough negative energy on this planet without making pointless observations!:kiss:

• Like 1

Slight update. I was planning on having the car mapped properly but the cost was prohibitive and it’s still under warranty of sorts, so I found a used DTUK CRD-T box for a good price and it always have a value to sell on if I chose to go down the map route. I’ve installed it tonight and I’ve set it to 2+2 and the car is much better now, it flies whereas it was a bit dead on the throttle before. I am very impressed with it so far, just hope it continues to impress. Will set the adaptation in the cluster to correct for MPG once I’ve worked out how out it is.

• Like 1

On 10/07/2018 at 20:13, SashaGrace said:

I’m running Uniroyal RS3 on the Benz and they have been really good tbh. Would go for them again :)

Thats what I'm running as Summer tyres on my new rims.  I'm impressed with them so far :)

• Like 1

On 21/01/2018 at 00:33, MorrisOx said:

The way car manufacturers flog us shiny, new infotainment screens drives me nuts sometimes. I had a look at the new large-screen Skoda system when I test drove a Superb prior to purchase and, yes, it looks great. But is a touchscreen the right way to operate these systems on the go? No. Is the standard nav betterr than Google or Apple maps? No - it’s worse. Not even in the eyeline, either.

Google and Apple are streets ahead in terms of the development firepower they put into mapping information systems and the future is all about integrating smartphone apps into the car. My new Superb will have a bigger, better screen than my outgoing Octy, but will it be better than my iPhone? No. Its main advantage will be that it’s got Apple Carplay.

Arguably, the best infotainment system Skoda offers is the plastic smartphone cradle in the Citigo...

sorry for replying to an old post here but .....Have a citigo as a coutesy car at the moment and cant fit my phone (Hauwei p10 lite) into the cradle.

Edited by BriBri
missed information
  • Like 1

On 17/07/2018 at 20:21, SashaGrace said:

Slight update. I was planning on having the car mapped properly but the cost was prohibitive and it’s still under warranty of sorts, so I found a used DTUK CRD-T box for a good price and it always have a value to sell on if I chose to go down the map route. I’ve installed it tonight and I’ve set it to 2+2 and the car is much better now, it flies whereas it was a bit dead on the throttle before. I am very impressed with it so far, just hope it continues to impress. Will set the adaptation in the cluster to correct for MPG once I’ve worked out how out it is.

DTUK tuning box? Naughty naughty lol:D

Seriously, what is it like? I considered one for previous car but never got full explanation as to what all the settings did and what difference was between them (all meanr to be around same power but different delivery?)

Claimed 240bhp and 500nm for Skoda sounds bloody impressive - what is difference between 2+1 and 2+2? 

Hope it continues to impress:)

• Like 1

I’m very impressed tbh. From what I can gather the first program puts more power at the bottom of the rev range and the third program puts it more at the top. The second program which is the one I’ve settled with is a nice compromise. The + or - settings fine tune the delivery again. I tried it on 3 plus 3 and it really shifted above 3k rpm, just a relentless pull to the redline but the lower revs feel little different so 2 plus 2 works for me very well as it takes away the dead throttle response and gives it a much nicer spread of power. Does it feel like 59 extra bhp? No it doesn’t (that’s a whole extra Citigo) but these engines tend to produce just over what VAG say anyway, so I’d guess it’s  more like an extra 25-30. It makes the car feel more like something wearing a vRS badge should as the DSG box makes the car IMO but it does blunt the diesels performance a bit. It’s spot on now, £200 well spent :D

• Like 1

It’s put it up a bit, about £70 for the rest of the year. It was supposed to be more but I had a bit of a moan that 2 of the last 3 cars were performance cars with much more power than the Octy. I can get a better quote come December when negotiating a new policy.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SashaGrace said:

It’s put it up a bit, about £70 for the rest of the year. It was supposed to be more but I had a bit of a moan that 2 of the last 3 cars were performance cars with much more power than the Octy. I can get a better quote come December when negotiating a new policy.

That's not terrible for a policy you're effectively locked into for the year. Plus you got the box fairly cheap too :)

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, SashaGrace said:

God knows where they get the prices from. I declared mine and it didnt cost a penny more with LV the paper work as the added extra just says chipped tuned on the insurance document. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, arnold said:

God knows where they get the prices from. I declared mine and it didnt cost a penny more with LV the paper work as the added extra just says chipped tuned on the insurance document. 

I agree. I did the same with Esure and it's about £220 more for a full year. Mental. :o

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ahenners said:

I agree. I did the same with Esure and it's about £220 more for a full year. Mental. :o

Oh the joys of the insurance merry go round....

They just try and screw as much as possible out of existing customers "you have a cheaper quote? OK, show us and we'll match it". And then there is the cancellation charge. Licence to print money too....

If we did that in my line of business I would be lioking for another job very quickly - customers demand best price first time. Not a negotiation....

• Like 1