Sasha’s Octavia vRS

Haha, not gunna happen. I don't dislike the FL (I think it looks really sharp and I prefer the Quartz Grey in the FL) but it's not been done yet and there is so much that is different such as the LED lights. It's been done on the Golf though, 7 to 7.5.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, SashaGrace said:

Haha, not gunna happen. I don't dislike the FL (I think it looks really sharp and I prefer the Quartz Grey in the FL) but it's not been done yet and there is so much that is different such as the LED lights. It's been done on the Golf though, 7 to 7.5.

I am clearly biased with the FL LED headlights but they are very distinctive. I was followed up the sliproad onto the M1 by a Meteor Grey FL Vrs and it was easy to pick due the headlight signature in the dark. I didn't race him as he was a fellow Skoda enthusiast.:thumbup:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SashaGrace said:

I did head for my right swivel knob when browsing the settings earlier haha. 

It took me about 2 years of ownership to realise that you can use that to scroll up or down lists. I've always just done it on the touchscreen :D

• Like 1

Looking top notch.

I can understand why it wouldn't be worth the time and money to develop, but its a shame nevertheless that Skoda don't have a RHD-version of the screen with the buttons on the other side.

• Like 1

Massive thanks to @ExSEATfor sending me a scan of his virtual cockpit because with this I have now been able to get the vRS skin going :cool: I’m too excited to wait for daylight for proper pics so please enjoy 

C9109AF9-220E-40BE-A9F5-3989854E8915.thumb.jpeg.6cbc013b840e30121139730e1e417050.jpeg

Still no map mode yet, but I am working on it. I’ll be back on that tomorrow because the low battery warning has come on so I’ve come in now. This is much more awesome though :D 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, shyVRS245 said:

You must have psychic powers choosing 2018 most popular colour (grey) a year ago when tracking down your 2014 Vrs.:tongueout:

You know it took me ages to gel with the colour and I still don’t think it’s my favourite colour on the vRS but it’s warmed on me. I’d still like a green one though :)

Got the rear camera and mic working again but the rear camera screen doesn’t work like it did, I have to press the menu button to get the display of the car up whereas before it used to come up by itself when reverse was selected. Anyone with one of these radios know why? Loving the clear parking sensor lines though, much nicer :)

448E797A-9C7E-4342-97F7-23DF519B8FAC.thumb.jpeg.4d9838b11ff61ca43339740f36b073b1.jpeg

10 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

At least your range seems to be working from what I could see on an earlier VC photo.:thumbup:

It’s spot on now and coded to 108% range calc to be accurate.

10 minutes ago, Maverick567 said:

Looking like no Can Gateway needed then??

I remain hopeful for the sake of ease, but I have one just in case :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SashaGrace said:

Oh yeah!!!! It’s finally sorted, a couple of adaptations and coding changes guided by the genius that is @pab567 I have finally got the map mode working and it is awesome B):inlove: So it’s confirmed that you don’t need a new CAN Gateway. Steering wheel controls next and fingers crossed it’ll be done.

68B76D9B-C464-41A6-B8C8-21D95E9AF610.thumb.jpeg.7ab1fdd72aff66a895c4ebf6703d7d5e.jpeg

27C1749F-E217-4476-81D9-72B7D1875DFE.thumb.jpeg.edf7196531fc04ebfad5284e01c76d0a.jpeg

864F9A7B-3F1B-463F-BC75-392952269F0F.thumb.jpeg.d11025fdb7b3cbfd32f24ea855d9e84f.jpeg

That looks epic