Sasha’s Octavia vRS

4 hours ago, xman said:

Obviously a council worker here with little grasp of facts (apart from maybe their pension fund)

I've news for you, my water is supplied and sewage handled by Yorkshire Water, a totally private company whom I pay handsomely. I believe this is a common arrangement.....:tongueout:

I did not mention water as in Wales its not for profit. Sure I have worked everyone of my 39 years and still going. Looking to go to 65 god willing then do something else. With AVC,s the pot should be ok. 

2 hours ago, SashaGrace said:

It makes no odds to me. My life echos to ‘you don’t seem the type’ comments, as if there is such a thing, I think sometimes people are just trying to be nice. A ex colleague of mine could never get to grips with it, she was forever bemused that I would choose to be married to woman, mostly because I don’t posses a shaved head and Harley Davidson, and neither does my wife. She assumed my wife must have possessed some masculine quality, not so. I don’t walk around with a big rainbow flag waving over my head so it’s a fair assumption to make :thumbup:

E880E7EF-EE5A-454C-8833-917756970523.thumb.jpeg.4cfc56637286aa2ad9cfddb919ab3030.jpeg 

Thats a lovely photo. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, MarkyG82 said:

I'm impressed that it took this long (63 pages) to go waaaay off topic. :biggrin:

We’ll swing it round again, hopefully when my new lane assist camera arrives. The H revision one came and I couldn’t make it fit so I’ve given up and gone for a G revision one instead.

29 minutes ago, SashaGrace said:

We’ll swing it round again, hopefully when my new lane assist camera arrives. The H revision one came and I couldn’t make it fit so I’ve given up and gone for a G revision one instead.

This woman will not be defeated. You should run for Prime Minister, Mrs May needs someone who always delivers (waiting for a Postman Pat video from xman's extensive archive).:tongueout:

• Like 1

@SashaGrace like the digital dash in your vrs.  How was it to fit and did you have to code it in with vcds.  Mine is a 64 plate so probably has similar coding to yours which is a 14 plate.  Like the new headunit too was that plug and play or have to be coded in, where did you source the head unit from is it  genuine skoda

• Like 1

The radio and VC can’t be coded with VCDS, they require access to ODIS-E with online connection to Skoda servers. Nothing is strictly plug and play, but Pawel makes the radios so they are. The rework behind that is extensive. The VC is technically much easier but you’d have to find someone to do the online coding.

FL interior trim retrofit is officially complete! Picked up my new climate trim surround from TPS today, realised it wasn’t going to fit with my Superb climate panel, got the knife out, did some precision surgery (absolutely didn’t start carving chunks out of it, raging that nothing I ever do works properly and I hate all Skoda parts) and I’m glad to say that it now fits and looks lovely, included a before and after with the old radio screen to show how much of a difference it’s made. So that’s my interior complete for now :)  Like an FL but with full leather. Steering wheel next...

E61815BF-3294-48F1-AE79-CEC602AD87CF.thumb.jpeg.d9b6c4d031b9c61bb315e11092653b05.jpeg

D322EDE7-DADB-4941-8F76-B14DEB3A5D21.thumb.jpeg.3f85f52a304d32bc9750ac30e6663ff0.jpeg

D420CFC2-D3EA-49C2-9F89-24ED68DF2E25.thumb.jpeg.664f80c0ffc86d6dd539cbcb9c5de40d.jpeg

5D5536F7-661E-464F-9703-53E0DF72CCA4.thumb.jpeg.4de88763dd6bf7f280f458a1cfe57366.jpegD420CFC2-D3EA-49C2-9F89-24ED68DF2E25.thumb.jpeg.664f80c0ffc86d6dd539cbcb9c5de40d.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, SashaGrace said:

Steering wheel next...

looking good.  Definitely a lot smarter now.  What are you planning with the steering wheel didn't you get it recovered not that long ago?

• Like 1

No, but I have had my Mercedes one done and I was tempted to contact the guy who did that to do this one but I think a heated wheel from a Kodiaq would do nicely once said Mercedes is sold. Need new steering wheel buttons anyway so may as well go heated and make a loom to run it :)

• Like 1

New windscreen day! Finally not having to peer through a cracked screen :biggrin: Also managed to bag calibration on my G revision lane assist camera which came from an Audi TT so I now have TSR with no warning and it works with my MIB2.5 Columbus correctly. 18 months of having TSR that came up with that annoying warning is over and I’m so happy.

7AFEE9B4-FA57-49C8-8384-4A21DB724B22.thumb.jpeg.d7dd4750dc3d496a0b524d38df9c73cb.jpeg

FB6DBD39-2450-4E9C-968F-1219533F579E.thumb.jpeg.fdeae15b10cca3720389e7dde6ce8e3e.jpeg

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ScoutCJB said:

Is it a heated window - what's the quality like compared to the previous (assuming that was the original).

Appreciate you asked someone else, but, I had the heated screen on my last Octavia replaced and the quality was on par IMO. Wasn’t a Škoda one that was fitted either. 

• Like 1