Sasha’s Octavia vRS

It was optioned by the original owner, never found it useful but I do now! Because it was optioned, the fitting of the Qi enabled phonebox is just plug and play. The dash needs hacking back a bit but nothing serious. Fitting a Qi pad when you don’t have the phonebox is more complex, I’m lead to believe.

There is, the Qi phonebox has one too so go two for one! Guide here for fitting to a non phonebox equipped car. It’s from a Tiguan though so I don’t know 100% how compatible it is.

https://forums.ross-tech.com/showthread.php?12055-5F-(Discover-Pro-Gen2)-coding-Comfort-Telephone-(Qi-charger-signal-booster)/page2

I ordered this: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32861904403.html?tt=sns_none&aff_platform=default&cpt=1558432265387&sk=sPzYJSt&aff_trace_key=2315ef125f0543108216a2189793b4aa-1558432265387-08039-sPzYJSt&terminal_id=7af1e6b9c0c344ed8e1adcff6eae5e42

But it doesn't fit as mine is a push fit with clips and doesn't bolt in.

I now have the right one. Anyone want this unfitted one? £15 posted? It's new and unused.

Nick

reversing camera.jpg

41 minutes ago, NikTheGeek said:

mine is a push fit with clips and doesn't bolt in.

Anyone want this unfitted one? £15 posted? It's new and unused.

How do we know if it will fit?  Are all octavias the same fitting?

18 minutes ago, MarkyG82 said:

Clearly not!! :)

It's actually pretty easy to take your boot button out to check. That's what I should have done before ordering!

Nick

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, MarkyG82 said:

The early Octavias (mine is a 14 plate) have a smaller boot hole for the button, so cutting is required to fit the camera. There is a thread on here all about it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, DEZMONDE said:

And all this on a 64 car, amazing. 👍👍👍

It’s a 14 haha, 2 weeks off being a 64 plate. Registered 19/08/2014, could have waited lol. It was a lease car so I guess that doesn’t really matter. It has all the MY19 interior tech now but it keeps that lovely full leather interior that you can’t get on an MY19 :) 

2 hours ago, MarkyG82 said:

Thanks @WayTooTall

@SashaGrace Assuming you need to plug in for Carplay, what happens if you plug in and use the wireless charger at the same time?

You do, but I can plug my work phone in for CarPlay (old iPhone 6S) and have my personal phone connected via Bluetooth on the charging pad. The Columbus can run a SmartLink connection and a BT connection simultaneously which now I need to have 2 phones is a boon. I’m so glad that transpired as I’d have been gutted had I stayed with the Amundsen.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, SashaGrace said:

The Columbus can run a SmartLink connection and a BT connection simultaneously which now I need to have 2 phones is a boon. I’m so glad that transpired as I’d have been gutted had I stayed with the Amundsen.

Really!!!??!!  If I had known that when I got my system I would have got a Columbus.  We listen to audible on long journeys and now I have to log out of my account and into my other halfs to get to the books we are currently listening too.  She likes to have her phone to play with while we drive so I plug mine in.  If we could use mine for Android auto and have hers connected via bt it would save a lot off messing about with accounts.

• Like 1

nice work. just the BCM and gateway to fix. i installed mine last night to see if CP was on and the virtual screen immediately started to flash. I have ODIS but it wont communicate with the VXI device unfortunately, so another expensive trip to the dealer is needed.

• Like 1

On 29/01/2019 at 13:04, SashaGrace said:

I found a picture of the original Bolero :D

F09195EE-DE91-476C-8F54-D3E54056CCE8.thumb.jpeg.07bf51c3968b41d85109897893af3df7.jpeg

I promise this time; no more radios!!!

@SashaGrace can you tell me please how did you activate Skoda Connect.  I don't see this option on my Menu.  Tks

WhatsApp Image 2019-05-17 at 07.09.38.jpeg

• Like 1

That was done by Pawel when he activated the unit. Skoda connect can be activated on these units if you pay the subscription but I cannot be doing with paying for stuff that CarPlay gives me for free.

On 22/05/2019 at 15:07, shyVRS245 said:

Hi Sasha not been ignoring you promise but did you manage to get your 310mm rear discs and calipers fitted?:kiss:

Job for this week, it’s half term so I’ve got chance to fit those and a few other things.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, GOrlanda said:

@SashaGrace can you tell me please how did you activate Skoda Connect.  I don't see this option on my Menu.  Tks

WhatsApp Image 2019-05-17 at 07.09.38.jpeg

interesting how to get the latest colour graphics, i have the same unit but not colour.

On 22/05/2019 at 13:23, SashaGrace said:

It’s a 14 haha, 2 weeks off being a 64 plate. Registered 19/08/2014, could have waited lol. It was a lease car so I guess that doesn’t really matter. It has all the MY19 interior tech now but it keeps that lovely full leather interior that you can’t get on an MY19 :) 

You do, but I can plug my work phone in for CarPlay (old iPhone 6S) and have my personal phone connected via Bluetooth on the charging pad. The Columbus can run a SmartLink connection and a BT connection simultaneously which now I need to have 2 phones is a boon. I’m so glad that transpired as I’d have been gutted had I stayed with the Amundsen.

yes it will do 2 BT connections also.
I only found out when my work phone rang on the system, very useful feature, my previous car (Fiesta) didn't have the facility.

1 hour ago, SashaGrace said:

but I cannot be doing with paying for stuff that CarPlay gives me for free.

But carplay doesn’t give you remote control over the car tho ;)

4 minutes ago, BGB said:

But carplay doesn’t give you remote control over the car tho ;)

What remote control does Skoda Connect give you?

13 minutes ago, NikTheGeek said:

What remote control does Skoda Connect give you?

System info, car location, range, fuel level info, heating/cooling. Open/lock door and windows, flash and honk, health rapport, travel planner to mention a few. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, BGB said:

System info, car location, range, fuel level info, heating/cooling. Open/lock door and windows, flash and honk, health rapport, travel planner to mention a few. 

So I could open my windows from the phone and unlock my car? 65 plate though if that makes a difference.

7 minutes ago, NikTheGeek said:

So I could open my windows from the phone and unlock my car? 65 plate though if that makes a difference.

I have no idea if you have what is needed, and as to the «65 plate» thing I say the same as I say to the imperial system, get a grip UK 😛