Changes in MY2019

8 hours ago, Puuriit said:

Seems that there is an update on the external chrome trim, parts also available in Superskoda and retrofittable (crazy expensive though).

The Chinese Superbs have had that chrome trim on the lower front & rear bumpers for a while now.......

But yes, crazy expensive from SuperSkoda!!!

20160926164116_55372.png

800_600_20151010021434262.jpg.2241cf8527dc0cf79d111e339365ab48.jpg

Edited by JR RS
image added
  • Like 1

The digital dash is now showing in the latest update of ETKA. No partnumber or price yet. 

There is a price for the Octavia version - 1915€ incl. VAT!!!

2 hours ago, GaSelle said:

The digital dash is now showing in the latest update of ETKA. No partnumber or price yet. 

There is a price for the Octavia version - 1915€ incl. VAT!!!

Smaller one (like in polo, karoq, etc) or a larger one (like in passat)?

thanks

On 2/12/2018 at 16:24, GaSelle said:

SO glad, that I will get one of the last 1.4’s so I don’t have to deal with GPF :)

Me too.  Ordered my 1.4Tsi this week.

• Like 2

On 2.3.2018 at 20:00, rytmask said:

Smaller one (like in polo, karoq, etc) or a larger one (like in passat)?

thanks

Kodiaq, Superb and Octavia will have similar smaller version of the VW digital dash -  identical to Karoq and yes, similar to Polo also. It can be seen on the Skoda Geneva Motor Show related page - http://www.skoda-auto.com/events/event-detail/geneva-2018 .

Edited by Puuriit

I don't think this trend is a good one. Real dials are better. I didn't particular like the TFT dials on the Passat GTE I demoed but on that they got across a lot of useful info.

Still not convinced.

• Like 1

It is a bit of bling and a nice gadget for the first few minutes you play with it but will pretty much end up on one configuration most if not all the time. Do not see any real benefits over normal dials and a colour maxi dot screen and certainly not enough benefits to justify the additional cost.

I wonder however is that just the built in sat nav maps that can be displayed on the digital dash or will the Android auto / Apple carplay maps also have the ability to display?

With the digital dash, when the ignition is turned off, do you have a black expanse of nothingness in front of you?

When the sun shines directly on the display, can you still see it?

23 minutes ago, CTRob said:

will the Android auto / Apple carplay maps also have the ability to display?

No. That display will not show the CarPlay/Android Auto apps. 

Edited by rtj70

I like it too, rev counters are a waste of space on a modern auto so I could get rid of that, I cannot see the normal speedo anyway as the steering wheel covers half of it in the seating position I use, so it would be good to have a digital readout (I use the digital display in my current superb on the maxidot) and the navigation being in front of you is how it should be.

Now get rid of the stupid and dangerous touch screen and put in a rotary control and I will be happy.

Oh, and while their at it move the gear lever to the column as another switch, perfect!

I like it.  I think it would particularly suit the Sportline interior whereas the white/cream dials carried over from the L&K look dated and out of place.  TBH even some exclusive 'sportier' analog dials would be an improvement. 

Edited by penguin17

12 hours ago, rtj70 said:

No. That display will not show the CarPlay/Android Auto apps. 

I thought the new head units were supposed to have better integration :(

17 hours ago, rtj70 said:

There was a benefit on the GTE understanding what car was doing but that was viewable on the ICE too.

GTE... you remind me.. Astra GTE from the 80's

s-l1000.jpg

Edited by RickTT
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, RickTT said:

I am surprised the Octy has still got  a manual handbrake

Odd isn't it?! Even SEAT have ditched it, in the Leon.  

Edited by penguin17
  • Like 1