Delivery times

cjrp

Just had a phone call from DMK   car still has not landed. I am not too happy if I'm honest. They did tell me originally it would be here back end of March, still, the saga continues. They also just told me a number of their customers are now asking about getting their deposits back and cancelling the cars. I am almost at that point myself. I have bought new cars from lots of Manufactures Ford, Vauxhall, Fiat, Volvo, Mazda and once before from Skoda. and I've never had such a bad experience.  That Volvo XC is looking really good just now...

Edited by Madasaskaven

BW15 has almost gone & my car has not been built as yet (was originally BW18 & came forward to 15 about a month ago).

Of course there's a slim chance it could be tomorrow but as it's still not showing as "confirmed", I'd imagine not.

Have been advised to contact Skoda again on Monday, to see if there's any update :wondering:

46 minutes ago, ARTURO-B said:

I lease too - got my 1.5 SE L  on 27/3 surprised to see the tax is as high as 140.00 - the old 1.2 Yeti was just 30 quid. 

Thats the new tax rules

First tax payment when you register the vehicle

You have to pay a higher rate for diesel cars that don’t meet the Real Driving Emissions 2 (RDE2) standard for nitrogen oxide emissions. You can ask your car’s manufacturer if your car meets the RDE2 standard.

CO2emissions (g/km) Diesel cars (TC49) that meet the RDE2standard and petrol cars (TC48) All other diesel cars (TC49) Alternative fuel cars (TC59)
0 £0 £0 £0
1 - 50 £10 £25 £0
51 - 75 £25 £105 £15
76 - 90 £105 £125 £95
91 - 100 £125 £145 £115
101 - 110 £145 £165 £135
111 - 130 £165 £205 £155
131 - 150 £205 £515 £195
151 - 170 £515 £830 £505
171 - 190 £830 £1,240 £820
191 - 225 £1,240 £1,760 £1,230
226 - 255 £1,760 £2,070 £1,750
Over 255 £2,070 £2,070 £2,060

This payment covers your vehicle for 12 months.

Rates for second tax payment onwards

Fuel type Single 12 month payment Single 12 month payment by Direct Debit Total of 12 monthly payments by Direct Debit Single 6 month payment Single 6 month payment by Direct Debit
Petrol or diesel £140 £140 £147 £77 £73.50
Electric £0 N/A N/A £0 N/A
Alternative £130 £130 £136.50 £71.50 £68.25

Alternative fuel vehicles include hybrids, bioethanol and liquid petroleum gas.

Vehicles with a list price of more than £40,000

You have to pay an extra £310 a year if you have a car or motorhome with a ‘list price’ (the published price before any discounts) of more than £40,000.

You only have to pay this rate for 5 years (from the second time the vehicle is taxed).

Check the list price with your dealer so you know how much vehicle tax you’ll have to pay.

Fuel type Single 12 month payment Single 12 month payment by Direct Debit Total of 12 monthly payments by Direct Debit Single 6 month payment Single 6 month payment by Direct Debit
Petrol or diesel £450 £450 £472.50 £247.50 £236.25
Electric £310 £310 £325.50 £170.50 £162.75
Alternative £440 £440 £462 £242 £231

1 hour ago, GlosJanner said:

Deep *&*%ing joy.  My unconfirmed BW has slipped back a week to 20.  Think I will be looking at other options. Cake & A$£& party springs to mind.

A friend at work ordered an XC40 last week. He has his fingers crossed that he will get it for Christmas. Depending on engine /gearbox combination, Volvo are quoting late Nov, Mid December.

Had a call from my dealer this morning.

He wants me to 'pop over' to see him on Tue to sign the finance agreements and choose the registration number, they MAY even have the car by then...................I will have a sneaky look around :D

54 minutes ago, sb-random said:

My dealer has just been in contact to confirm build week 16.  So maybe the end of May or the beginning of June for delivery.

We ordered on the 18th March.

What spec have you gone for?

I ordered on 27th Feb. Originally BW18 then came forward to BW15 yet it's never actually been "confirmed" by Skoda themselves, yet my dealer told me it was! He has also confidently told me I'll take delivery in May, yet car has not been built yet & Skoda have no idea when it will be :dull:

1 hour ago, anna_banana said:

What spec have you gone for?

I ordered on 27th Feb. Originally BW18 then came forward to BW15 yet it's never actually been "confirmed" by Skoda themselves, yet my dealer told me it was! He has also confidently told me I'll take delivery in May, yet car has not been built yet & Skoda have no idea when it will be :dull:

Hi anna_banana

We ordered a 1.5 petrol in petrol blue edition.  We only added the heated windscreen and nozzles.

I ordered mine in the 18th Feb. Had no build date from the dealer but when I spoke to Skoda yesterday they told me BW25!!!!!! (Unconfirmed). So much for the 12 week delivery the dealer told me when i ordered

Since your build week is later than the model change, BW22, you might get a chance to option new goodies like the Dynamic Chassis Control or the Digital Dashboard - well we can but live in hope.

2 hours ago, sb-random said:

Hi anna_banana

We ordered a 1.5 petrol in petrol blue edition.  We only added the heated windscreen and nozzles.

Thanks for the reply.

Is it manual or DSG? I'm a 1.5 petrol DSG Edition in Quartz Grey. Added heated windscreen, boot mat & spacesaver wheel (Think that was everything).

Just trying to understand the logic with order dates & BWs, but there obviously is none! 

Edited by anna_banana

23 minutes ago, anna_banana said:

Just trying to understand the logic with order dates & BWs, but there obviously is none! 

Not logic as such - but generally cars that are specified with obscure (ie: not often ordered) options/paints/wheels configurations, will take longer than cars that are relatively common builds.

56 minutes ago, anna_banana said:

Thanks for the reply.

Is it manual or DSG? I'm a 1.5 petrol DSG Edition in Quartz Grey. Added heated windscreen, boot mat & spacesaver wheel (Think that was everything).

We ordered the manual version.

All.  Repeating myself.  SEL ordered 1.5petrol. Extras of heated screen and nozells  plus power tailgate.  Petrol blue.  19th JAn. order confirmed as accepted on same day.  Build week moved back in stages from week 11 to week 16. Supposedly a confirmed date now,but will believe it when I see it. As posts on here show,just not sure if you can believe anything Skoda or dealers tell you!,,!,,

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Rich_H said:

I ordered mine in the 18th Feb. Had no build date from the dealer but when I spoke to Skoda yesterday they told me BW25!!!!!! (Unconfirmed). So much for the 12 week delivery the dealer told me when i ordered

What did you order may I ask? 

Getting the car built is only a part of the battle. Delivery seems to be very hit and miss as well. My car was built at the beginning of March, but it will probably have taken the best part of 2 months to be delivered by the time I get it, assuming it is released soon from whatever port it is currently standing in. I don’t think that even the dealers know what is happening half of the time. My main beef is that I keep getting encouraging messages, which then turn out to be wrong. In the end, the original date I was given at the beginning of February will probably be the closest to being correct.

I ordered a black 1.5 TSI Edition with ACC, park assist, scuff plates, a temporary steel wheel and double sided boot mat. I wish that the salesman had pointed out to me that for only an extra £50 for the Care Assist package 1 I could have had the ACC with extra features as well.

10 minutes ago, sexdrugskaroqnroll said:

Ours is still in transit. Utterly ridiculous. 

Our good will gesture from Skoda is £100..... they’re calling me on Wednesday with an update. 

Not enjoyed this whole Skoda experience thus far. 

£100 has been mentioned elsewhere. Assuming they're throwing in carpet mats anyway for summer, £100 would cover a full set of the rubber all weather versions, plus the tunnel mat. Or go someway to front and rear mudflaps, fitted.

Ours was our third Skoda. First two I gave 5/5 on the Skoda feedback. This one got 4/5. Ordering was great. Handover was great, and quicker than expected. 

The bit between, not so good.