Delivery times

cjrp

20 minutes ago, Hairball said:

A call from the dealer last week with a build date scheduled for next week, delivery expected 3 - 4 weeks from build. Ordered just over a month ago with a few factory fit extras.

Mine was built 2nd week of February, but still no sign of it, has been stuck at Emden for about a month now with Skoda apparently having no idea when it will be sent to the UK just that they are ‘working hard to get all vehicles shipped’!

You are likely looking at about 6 weeks at Emden. That’s about how long my Superb sat there. It was only just shipped over yesterday. I did hear from Skoda that they are getting on top of the delays now but not sure I am 100% convinced about that.

There must be loads of folks experiencing problems otherwise VWG wouldn't be admitting there are issues!

Don't forget that most owners aren't "enthusiasts" and members of forums.

Fine if you are one of the happy ones with no issues but not if you are one of the unhappy ones with issues. It shouldn't be a lottery.

They are not making more noise, just sharing experiences or asking about others & it just gets seen.  VW Group liked before Social Media and they could just keep on denying things.

If they just fess up quicker these days then people might know how small an issue is. 

This is not a small issue though, it is a rather big one that they best be on top of.

Ordered 1.5 TSI DSG Style in Sweden. Digital dials, 8" screen, navigation, partially-leather seats with memory, towbar, webasto. It was a car which was on the way to the dealer, ordered earlier by them for their stock. From the spec it has a special campaign applied which was valid for the cars ordered before 30 Nov 2018. So something around that date I believe was the order placed date. It was promised to arrive by the end of April, and salesperson contacting me to discuss details in the mid of April.

Currently, 4 month is approx. delivery time for Sweden I've been told.

Mine arrived in the Uk last Friday, dealer phoned today to say it is scheduled to be with them tomorrow and we should have it on Tuesday. Taken about a month to get from Emden to the dealer, came in via Sheerness as going down to the South coast.

4 hours ago, granty09 said:

It also doesn't help that we hear much more negative reports as opposed to positive ones when I'm sure there are loads of Happy customers with the 1.5 engine of both manual and DSG

Yes I'm sure you are right I'm sure you will love it, I swapped a octavia vrs tdi in for mine and I'm loving it at the moment lol

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Nick3000 said:

Anyone else experiencing long delays still, my Karoq is still at Emden and has been since 25th February! Is this typical?

It should ship within 7-10 days from Emden. Over a month is crazy and I would be chasing the dealer to get it shipped ASAP.

43 minutes ago, Luckypants said:

It should ship within 7-10 days from Emden. Over a month is crazy and I would be chasing the dealer to get it shipped ASAP.

Is it in the dealers gift to actually do anything about it?

12 hours ago, Arkaig said:

Especially for those getting frustrated at waiting for their Karoq, make your own meantime - choice of White or Grey:

KAROQ_MODEL_STORYBOARD_white_english-version.pdf

KAROQ_MODEL_STORYBOARD_grey_english-version.pdf

Enjoy!

B)

haha love it!

Mine is apparently now on it's way on the boat from Germany to Grimsby  - only a two week wait in Emden.

Ordered 18th Jan

Build week 1st April

Arrived Emden 4th April

Left Emden - 16th April

Plenty of time to get it to the dealer for handover on the 16th May when the Octavia goes back (I hope)

There doesn’t seem to be much method in how orders are processed, had message from dealer to say it has arrived in UK!

Ordered 2nd Nov

Build week 10th Feb

Arrived Emden 25th Feb

Left Emden - 16th Apr

On 17/04/2019 at 21:30, Nick3000 said:

There doesn’t seem to be much method in how orders are processed, had message from dealer to say it has arrived in UK!

Ordered 2nd Nov

Build week 10th Feb

Arrived Emden 25th Feb

Left Emden - 16th Apr

Looks like we were on the same ship. I've had no confirmation it;s actually reached the UK yet. Which dealer is yours going to?

I got a call either Tuesday or Wednesday last week to say it was at UK port, can’t remember if they said which port it was at, but Exeter is the destination. No word since then though!

22 hours ago, Nick3000 said:

I got a call either Tuesday or Wednesday last week to say it was at UK port, can’t remember if they said which port it was at, but Exeter is the destination. No word since then though!

Hmmmmm, my dealer has been pretty communicative so I presume it's still out at sea!

My car was also scheduled for w/c 8th April, no news from the dealer yet but I was quoted 3 - 4 weeks after build to arrival so hopefully in the next week or so I should have it as well.

Edited by Hairball

Today my order for a company car went through.

Skoda Karoq SE L 1.5 DSG

Meteor Grey

Ordered with the following options:

Digi dash

Heated windscreen 

Internal LEDs

Adaptive cruise control

I did opt for the wireless charging but this was pulled from the options list 

Estimated delivery time 13 weeks.

My car is cleared to ship but is still at Emden, so I guess its a few weeks away yet, that would align with the 13 week lead time quoted to Mister Haytch.  I will update here when it arrives.

I know it's not the most relevant for most of the people here, but something to compare. Swedish delivery times:

Car manufactured: 18 April 2019.

Pre-registered in Sweden: 26 April 2019.

Delivery to the dealer from the port (~120km, to central Sweden): 5 May 2019.

Pickup date: 11 May 2019.

Ordered seems to be in November 2018, buying car from dealer's own order. 1.5 TSI 2x4 DSG Style.

7 hours ago, MisterHaytch said:

Today my order for a company car went through.

Skoda Karoq SE L 1.5 DSG

Meteor Grey

Ordered with the following options:

Digi dash

Heated windscreen 

Internal LEDs

Adaptive cruise control

I did opt for the wireless charging but this was pulled from the options list 

Estimated delivery time 13 weeks.

5 hours ago, Bobwilson63 said:

Hi I’ve just ordered a new Octavia 1.0tsi SE estate in Quartz grey. No extras and have been it’s a factory build. The timescale Skoda are giving is 24 weeks!  Is this the norm. Am I right in believing a new Octavia May be launched by then?  If so might mine either be a new one or may it never be built. 

I’ve had my Karoq Edition for nearly a year now and am very happy. Just wanted to add to MisterHaytch’s comment on wireless charging. I was expecting this when car was delivered, but was told it was disconnected due to a fault which was being resolved by VW Group. When raising the issue with my dealer at first service a couple of weeks ago they claimed to know nothing about a wireless charging pad. Why, I asked, is Škoda still illustrating this a feature on their website. I received no coherent answer.  Not the end of the world, but irritating nonetheless.

• Like 1