1.5 SEL first gear issue.

Janner74

6 minutes ago, AMC150 said:

Thanks. Got a response but no idea what it says as it’s in language I'm not familiar with.

looks like Russian text or similar 

Just checked once more using that link and I get:-

Dear customer,
No relevant recall campaigns have been launched by ŠKODA for the entered VIN xxxxxxxxxx

Edited by Apprentice
typo

4 minutes ago, Apprentice said:

Just checked once more using that link and I get:-

Dear customer,
No relevant recall campaigns have been launched by ŠKODA for the entered VIN xxxxxxxxxx

Strange!

I did email my service manager about 3.30pm today but so far, no response.

8 hours ago, JakeB1941 said:

STOP PRESS

New Software Released Yesterday!!!

Lets hope it works.

Evening,

Is this new software for the manual only or will this be the possible cure for the no drive issue in the DSG models?

I have a 1.5 TSi SEL DSG and have had the no drive happen a few times. The car is a company car and was ordered mid December last year and delivered to me a few weeks ago so i have no idea about build week etc.

As its a company car and not actually mine I will need to start the process off Zenith who manage my company car scheme.

I have now covered about 1500 miles in a 1.5 SEL manual  ( September 2018 build) and for the first few hundred miles did experience the apparent stall when changing down gears to enter a roundabout or similar. Since then I have always switched off the engine cut out facility and have not experienced the stall until yesterday.  On looking I had forgotten to switch off the engine cut out. So for my car that seems to be the solution.

There is a definite lack  of low end torque especially below about 1500 revs so I am careful to avoid being in too high a gear at any time.

As my previous modern was a 1.6 Octavia diesel the difference in low end torque is   appreciable so there was a learning curve to adapt to the less torquey Karoq.

Overall I am very pleased but fortunately  have never suffered the kangarooing.  

Edited by Karock

Just called to skoda service in my country and they agree available update for my Octavia 2018MY. 

I'll be there in 4 hours, let see what happens after update 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, AMC150 said:

Strange!

I did email my service manager about 3.30pm today but so far, no response.

Not heard nothing from mine, perhaps they are trialing the fix on everyone else :tongueout: still, happy for them to keep paying for the Tiguan if that is their wish.

1 hour ago, kifir said:

Just called to skoda service in my country and they agree available update for my Octavia 2018MY. 

I'll be there in 4 hours, let see what happens after update 

Let us know ASAP :)

• Like 2

Just had a call from my dealer. He advises me that that recent software release related to my19 vehicles only and has since been withdrawn by Skoda. The fix for my18 is not far away apparently.

Fingers crossed.

2 minutes ago, AMC150 said:

Just had a call from my dealer. He advises me that that recent software release related to my19 vehicles only and has since been withdrawn by Skoda. The fix for my18 is not far away apparently.

Fingers crossed.

Withdrawn??!!  Wonder if they have told those dealers whose customers have posted here that their cars are going in for the software to be installed today/tomorrow?

11 minutes ago, TheRealExile said:

Might be worth giving the Skoda UK representative who is dealing with our cases a call, see if they give out the same line.

Ooh! Anyone care to share his/her name and contact details? 

When I spoke to Skoda UK about this, they denied any knowledge of anything and referred me back to my dealer (who fortunately has acknowledged the fault and that my car is affected).

F*** idiot work in Skoda service in Finland. They check my car 1hours and  we were wrong, update available for all 1.5 cars with the exception of Octavia...

On 22/03/2019 at 13:10, rayx said:

New updates available ask at your dealer about it, this might be the clue all waiting for :cool:

Flashdaten_Skoda_20190319
05E906018AF_7418   Kodiaq file from 21.3.2019
05E906018C_7420   Superb file from 21.3.2019
05E906018R_7421   Karoq file from 21.3.2019

@MrKonjic for Octavia unfortunately no new update available ...

@kifir That was clear from the begining no update for engine ECU at Octavia 1.5 TSI  available in that March release ...

If you are unhappy with your dealer, contact Skoda help line in your country, or register on erWin and check your car VIN, what TPI available for it :cool:

https://erwin.skoda-auto.cz/erwin/showHome.do

1 hour ago, rayx said:

@kifir That was clear from the begining no update for engine ECU at Octavia 1.5 TSI  available in that March release ...

If you are unhappy with your dealer, contact Skoda help line in your country, or register on erWin and check your car VIN, what TPI available for it :cool:

Where do you go to check the TPIs by VIN?

@fidelio when you can read, just open the link I already provided :cool:

or

https://erwin.skoda-auto.cz/erwin/showVehicleSearch.do

when you register there free of charge, then when you want to check details to your VIN, you must pay flat rate at least for 1 hour, about 8,47 € incl. VAT, so you can serch for TPI, workshop manuals and many others :cool: