1.5 SEL first gear issue.

Janner74

Just now, tigermad said:

It peeves me that dealers are having cars back as faulty and reselling them. Isn’t this against the law if they don’t tell the new owners it’s got a problem?

Well they didn't mention our Brand New car had a fault on collection in Jan 2018.:thumbdown:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, shyVRS245 said:

Well they didn't mention our Brand New car had a fault on collection in Jan 2018.:thumbdown:

But not all the cars have the fault. Knowing it deffo has the problem is naughty. 

1 minute ago, tigermad said:

But not all the cars have the fault. Knowing it deffo has the problem is naughty. 

I'm not going to shoot myself in the foot by telling them my trade-in is faulty or they would have knocked another £500 off the value. Lost over £6,000 by changing it much sooner than I had planned.:angry:

1 minute ago, shyVRS245 said:

I'm not going to shoot myself in the foot by telling them my trade-in is faulty or they would have knocked another £500 off the value. Lost over £6,000 by changing it much sooner than I had planned.:angry:

Sorry I thought they knew you were changing because of the problem. I was saying they were naughty not you. 

1 minute ago, tigermad said:

Sorry I thought they knew you were changing because of the problem. I was saying they were naughty not you. 

I never complained to the dealer about the problem just assumed they would contact me when the update was available for our car but always had the option to bounce it back to them at a financial loss of course. Replacement is a car I know alot about having ran one myself for the last 2 years, new 245 Octavia.:thumbup:

4 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

I never complained to the dealer about the problem just assumed they would contact me when the update was available for our car but always had the option to bounce it back to them at a financial loss of course. Replacement is a car I know alot about having ran one myself for the last 2 years, new 245 Octavia.:thumbup:

Octavias are fab. Enjoy your new car 🙂 

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

We will never ever go back to the charlatans where we bought our Kroq****e from! We will never ever buy or go anywhere near any VAG car ever again!! Vote with your feet!!

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Xtra2 said:

We will never ever go back to the charlatans where we bought our Kroq****e from! We will never ever buy or go anywhere near any VAG car ever again!! Vote with your feet!!

I don't blame the dealer as our Karoq was the first one registered in Leicestershire so we were the guinea pigs as they hadn't driven their demo as it was still in the showroom so that customers could sit in it and see whether they liked it. I even tried to buy the showroom car but told it was not for sale because that would have left them without the new model to demonstrate. Blame is with VAG for not developing the car and particularly the software in cold climates which would have been obvious to a professional test driver and then hand it back for improvements to the software programming.:thumbdown:

27 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

I don't blame the dealer as our Karoq was the first one registered in Leicestershire so we were the guinea pigs as they hadn't driven their demo as it was still in the showroom so that customers could sit in it and see whether they liked it. I even tried to buy the showroom car but told it was not for sale because that would have left them without the new model to demonstrate. Blame is with VAG for not developing the car and particularly the software in cold climates which would have been obvious to a professional test driver and then hand it back for improvements to the software programming.:thumbdown:

100% agree. Mine was the first 1.5 manual delivered by my dealership and after their  initial resistance and blame game, they've been ok. Had the fix now which has improved the engine dying thing but not yet eradicated it totally so still not fully satisfied. Hopefully I will be in another 560 miles or so. 

I totally blame the dealer. We bought the car from them - not SkodaUK, they "only" supplied it. They knew about the problem the second the car rolled off the back of the flat bed truck. Our Skoda dealer swapped with another Skoda dealer one of their Octavias with the same engine for one of their Karoqs. The buck stops with them. VAG are still denying everything and "officially" there's still no fix. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AMC150 said:

100% agree. Mine was the first 1.5 manual delivered by my dealership and after their  initial resistance and blame game, they've been ok. Had the fix now which has improved the engine dying thing but not yet eradicated it totally so still not fully satisfied. Hopefully I will be in another 560 miles or so. 

Can't see it myself. It's one thing for a car to learn your driving style, whatever that amounts to, but it's another when there are fundamental faults, as in kangarooing and engine dying which shouldn't be there whatever your driving style in the first place. 

• Like 2

On 25/08/2019 at 18:57, Xtra2 said:

I totally blame the dealer. We bought the car from them - not SkodaUK, they "only" supplied it. They knew about the problem the second the car rolled off the back of the flat bed truck. Our Skoda dealer swapped with another Skoda dealer one of their Octavias with the same engine for one of their Karoqs. The buck stops with them. VAG are still denying everything and "officially" there's still no fix. 

Totally agree, if the car had gone through a PDI they must have known. My dealer never had a 1.5 available for test drives, always came up with excuses. Only diesels were registered and please don't say its because they couldn't get hold of the petrols, as I had a choice of two in the showroom !!  this was before it became common knowledge about the FAULT. Now that it is being talked about more widely, would you buy a used Karoq ? I certainly wouldn't.

Will never trust a dealer again.

• Like 2

On 8/26/2019 at 12:56 AM, VAGCF said:

Can't see it myself. It's one thing for a car to learn your driving style, whatever that amounts to, but it's another when there are fundamental faults, as in kangarooing and engine dying which shouldn't be there whatever your driving style in the first place. 

Totally agree. 

If there was an adaptation, some kind of improvement with mileage would come.

Now I have 6 days and 300km after update, I do not observe any changes. It sounds like bull****, that exactly 600 miles will come and the kangaroo will miraculously disappear.

the latest update made the car clearly better, but I'm not happy about it.  Since it seems to me that they think that the work is done and will no longer do anything 😡

Edited by kifir
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, kifir said:

Totally agree. 

If there was an adaptation, some kind of improvement with mileage would come.

Now I have 6 days and 300km after update, I do not observe any changes. It sounds like bull****, that exactly 600 miles will come and the kangaroo will miraculously disappear.

the latest update made the car clearly better, but I'm not happy about it.  Since it seems to me that they think that the work is done and will no longer do anything 😡

I’m confused. Further back you said the fix has worked. Now you are saying it hasn’t? Has it worked or not? You said the car was better now you are saying it is no better. Which is it?

sorry, maybe the problem is in my bad english. 

I will try to explain. 

My car always had a kangaroo, at any engine temperature it was impossible to engage 1st and 2nd gears.

The first day after the update was wonderful. 

Now everything is very strange, the beginning of movement sometimes with a kangaroo (with a warm engine). 

But with downshifts by 1 and 2, the kangaroo is always! 😞

23 minutes ago, kifir said:

sorry, maybe the problem is in my bad english. 

I will try to explain. 

My car always had a kangaroo, at any engine temperature it was impossible to engage 1st and 2nd gears.

The first day after the update was wonderful. 

Now everything is very strange, the beginning of movement sometimes with a kangaroo (with a warm engine). 

But with downshifts by 1 and 2, the kangaroo is always! 😞

Thanks. Sorry it was confusing. Not good  if the fix hasn’t worked for you.  We need to let them know ASAP. 

3 minutes ago, tigermad said:

Thanks. Sorry it was confusing. Not good  if the fix hasn’t worked for you.  We need to let them know ASAP. 

It is my fault, I try to write my comments here as soon as possible because I think here are people like me, people who wait any news. 

Since the car is not just an ordinary trifle, but something that burned me a ton of nerves and time( 

However, I could not return the car, despite a explicit violation of the law. I did not receive any support from the consumer protection center, or even from a lawyer.  They told me the only let, the court.  But I can lose and spend a ton of money.

Buying this car is the worst thing that has happened in my life.

2 hours ago, R1200R said:

Totally agree, if the car had gone through a PDI they must have known. My dealer never had a 1.5 available for test drives, always came up with excuses. Only diesels were registered and please don't say its because they couldn't get hold of the petrols, as I had a choice of two in the showroom !!  this was before it became common knowledge about the FAULT. Now that it is being talked about more widely, would you buy a used Karoq ? I certainly wouldn't.

Will never trust a dealer again.

We were actually told the same fairytale from the dealer when we wanted to test drive the 1.5 Tsi petrol manual Karoq. The sales manager came up with "They are so popular that we are not allowed to have one as demonstrator car!" I went to a czech Skoda forum and quite few people said they were told the same fairytale. The bells should have been ringing then. We are totally fuming with them!

1 minute ago, Karr3 said:

Has anyone else had the latest update yet and have news on the results so far?

That’s what I was wondering too. Only 1 response isn’t much to go on.