Octavia MY19 facts and rumors

1 hour ago, Nescafe1 said:

Take a look at the pdf I posted earlier on in this post for confirmed MY19 changes 

Thanks - saw when you originally posted.  What it doesn’t cover is the ‘Challenger plus pack’ or whatever skoda were calling it when they said there was going to be a big reveal at Geneva.  Think most are assuming this will be an upgrade (possibly addional

bph) from the MY19 VRS which is effectively the MY18 245 with digital display option and single working exhaust (but still 2 showing for effect)

13 minutes ago, Reddazforever said:

What it doesn’t cover is the ‘Challenger plus pack’

What I think you will get handing over a couple of grand for the challenge plus pack - bigger 19 extreme wheels, black exhaust tips, lap timer, same 245 engine, digital display, alcantara heated/electric seats and DCC.

Just my thoughts.

2 hours ago, BA Baracus said:

What I think you will get handing over a couple of grand for the challenge plus pack - bigger 19 extreme wheels, black exhaust tips, lap timer, same 245 engine, digital display, alcantara heated/electric seats and DCC.

Just my thoughts.

Yes I'm guessing the "challenge plus pack" is giving you back the extras you got as standard on the MY18 vRS 245 when there were 230 and 245 versions.

Does anyone know if the option to have the ambient light changed with the driving mode selection button can be added on MY2018 cars?

Sounds like a software update, would be great to have it, for fun purposes ;)

1 hour ago, match14 said:

Was interested to read that the L&K can now be ordered with a black interior instead of brown. Just need to add a petrol option now.

See the post I quoted above and follow the OP's link. According to that there will be a Petrol 2.0 190PS L&K from 2018.

Who knows if they will bring it to UK however

Edited by juan27
  • Thanks 1

Will the MY19 VRS petrol have the seven speed dsg?...I assume so.

(...and can someone kindly say how it differs and improves on the old six speed,just interested in case a salesman tries to steer me towards a slightly used MY18 VRS 230 instead.)

On 01/07/2018 at 13:56, *JP* said:

Will the MY19 VRS petrol have the seven speed dsg?...I assume so.

(...and can someone kindly say how it differs and improves on the old six speed,just interested in case a salesman tries to steer me towards a slightly used MY18 VRS 230 instead.)

Don't worry about 7th or 6th, when the throttle is WIDE open it don't get outta 5th !!!

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Don't worry about 7th or 6th, when the throttle is WIDE open it don't get outta 5th !!!

I miss my 7th gear, but I rarely have my throttle wide open, being a more sedate kinda driver :D

• Haha 1

On 26/06/2018 at 20:55, BA Baracus said:

Just my thoughts.

Seems poor value for £2k. (As the VAQ diff is now standard).

All Diesel superbs - even as MY18 - listed for the Germans have SCR as standard. 110 and 140kW. 140kW only available with DSG and 4x4. 

Finns have 1.5 TSI ACT, but no more 4x4 (as was available for the 1.4). 2.0TSI as DSG 4x4 but no front-drive version.

Still in Finland: Octavia RS still with 135kW TDI, 4x4, or 180kW manual / DSG.

Scout with either 140kW petrol DSG 4x4 or 135kW TDI DSG 4x4. --> this appears to be the new versions. 2.0 TSI not 1.8. 

Manual 'box is dying incredibly quickly.

- Bret

Just now, TheWanderer said:

The big question is when are Skoda UK going to pull their fingers out and update the car configurator to reflect the new and improved specification cars? 

True, I keep checking daily. Waiting to see what the vRS brings as my sales guy is ringing me in a couple of weeks to 'progress' :) 

Very much doubt they will do it any  time soon.

I wish they'd get rid of the stupid thing offering me a tour, I'm getting to the point where I want to smack those digital clowns in the chops. 

An ad blocker doesn't even work on the. Arrrgh! 

42 minutes ago, brettikivi said:

apparently it's to do with WLTP and the fact that not everything is set in stone as yet. 

- Bret

And manufacturers are working flat out on the next dodge...

• Like 1