Name one irritant

Nicky_P

The car is great but one thing that irritates me is the penny pithing where ambient lighting strips are omitted from the rear doors.

On the plus side, if this is my only niggle it shows how good the car is :thumbup:

Edited by Damo

Ummmm...

Errrrr

Struggling here

Oh, its already been mentioned though previously, the stop/start loves to stop. In medium to heavy traffic I hit the off switch. Hit it. Not press it!!

I think if I had to niggle, then the thing I would niggle at is the front passenger seat is not electric with memory presets.

And there are less storage 'cubbies' in the boot for nicknacks like first aid kits, warning triangles etc.....

Going to revise mine.....

From my driving position the cruise control lever is totally hidden by the steering wheel.

Why couldn't they put the controls on the wheel!

4 minutes ago, Nicky_P said:

Going to revise mine.....

From my driving position the cruise control lever is totally hidden by the steering wheel.

Why couldn't they put the controls on the wheel!

I have to agree, I keep using the indicator lever in mistake

52 minutes ago, Karman said:

I have to agree, I keep using the indicator lever in mistake

Having had cruise control on the steering wheel I prefer the controls on the stalk.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Nicky_P said:

The car is great but one thing that irritates me is the penny pithing where ambient lighting strips are omitted from the rear doors.

On the plus side, if this is my only niggle it shows how good the car is :thumbup:

No ambient lighting on the rear doors seems to be the norm and no worse than the more "premium" VW. Like you, I've got a Golf R (mk7.5) and was slightly annoyed to find that a £36k car's ambient lighting doesn't extend to the rear and furthermore, rear passengers are treated to cattle class with hard brittle door cards compared to the front's soft touch ones. In comparison, therefore, I wouldn't feel too short changed with the absence of ambient lighting in the rear of a perceived "budget" VAG brand.

• Like 1

But to add to the list of irritants, I'd like to propose the use of the digital cockpit in the Karoq promo pics only to withdraw it from the UK spec.  Having got virtual cockpit on my R, where I can display a multitude of info directly in front of me, displaying exactly what I want, there's no way I'd go back to antiquated dials, and it's the only thing that's stopping me from ordering a Karoq for the time being.  

Digital dashboards are the way the industry is moving and it won't be long before traditional dials look as out of place as a cellphone does in old Merc S-classes/BMW 7 series.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Statto said:

But to add to the list of irritants, I'd like to propose the use of the digital cockpit in the Karoq promo pics only to withdraw it from the UK spec.  Having got virtual cockpit on my R, where I can display a multitude of info directly in front of me, displaying exactly what I want, there's no way I'd go back to antiquated dials, and it's the only thing that's stopping me from ordering a Karoq for the time being.  

Digital dashboards are the way the industry is moving and it won't be long before traditional dials look as out of place as a cellphone does in old Merc S-classes/BMW 7 series.

I believe they are being introduced later this year as an option

I personally think the Columbus system is very slow to switch on when the car is started, our old system was much faster and if you knew you had an early start the next day you could input the destination agree a route and then switch off the vehicle knowing when you started it in the morning the sat nav would be ready to go, with the Skoda system it doesn't seem to remember and you have to input the info again - unless I am doing it wrong, pleased for someone to point out if I am :biggrin:

Interesting reading about these niggles, as many of them ring bells with me, but as I get used to the car I expect most of them to go away, as I adapt to  the differences from my last car. One thing I have noticed (and it has been mentioned elsewhere on the forum) is that in wet weather and on dirty roads you get a buildup of muck inside the rear doors. The rubber seals stop it getting into the cabin, but I have already had to clean off quite heavy buildups from the doors themselves.

Still really please with the car though.

Also side door card panels are all hard plastic, even my old Leon had a soft leatherette panel in it. But no rattles of yet big bonus not to have them over the Leon.

Edited by Karman

One thing I don’t get is why the stalks are not backlit as in other makes this would make things a lot easier to see and operate or is it just my old eyes 

20 hours ago, olly_shaw said:

In mine the number plate at the back has some play and makes a loud 'slap' when shutting the boot.

Sounds like they have just screwed it on, get som number plate double sided strips and fit them about an inch from the end of the plate.

• Like 1