London Air Ambulance Octy 245's

21 minutes ago, ahenners said:

At least the battenburg takes the eye away from "that front end" ;)

Remember how "****" the MK2FL's were.......:blink:

Edited by wardth

A bit more likely to be off tarmac in the Midlands hence a slightly different Octavia.

dsc17378.jpg

Paramedics and fast response use Scouts too. One of Nottinghamshire main Ambulance station just around the corner from me, I've seen eight in total parked up. And a couple in for service at Rainworth Skoda last time I was there.

2 hours ago, wardth said:

Remember how "****" the MK2FL's were.......:blink:

Sure do, pre FL MK2 has stood the test of time somewhat better

Still convinced that there must have been some very young children involved in the Octavia 2 face-lift design team, just cant believe a grown up came up with the idea of writing the model name inside the headlights. 

9 hours ago, logiclee said:

A bit more likely to be off tarmac in the Midlands hence a slightly different Octavia.

dsc17378.jpg

Paramedics and fast response use Scouts too. One of Nottinghamshire main Ambulance station just around the corner from me, I've seen eight in total parked up. And a couple in for service at Rainworth Skoda last time I was there.

I'm on the road a fair bit and I've seen many Scout response cars, there's still quite a lot of the MK 2's in service.  Never seen a VRS one though!

Edited by ScoutCJB

I really like the FL front end, I do look upon the newer cars with a little envy, but then I remember that mine is still a handsome car and I don’t mind so much. I don’t see the issue, I think it’s very striking and it makes the non vRS cats really stand out IMO.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, ScoutCJB said:

I'm on the road a fair bit and I've seen many Scout response cars, there's still quite a lot of the MK 2's in service.  Never seen a VRS one though!

There’s a few VRS’s the police use around London now. 

On 15/06/2018 at 20:43, wardth said:

Advanced Trauma Team using Octy 245's

Lets hope they've binned the PZeros!!

maxresdefault.jpg

40588151864_8d844663cd_b.jpg

Air ambulance?

Don’t be silly, it hasn’t even got any rotor blades :tongueout:

12 hours ago, Madmax889 said:

There’s a few VRS’s the police use around London now. 

The Met used VRS's for Area Cars for a short time but have now ditched them for BMW 5 Series Tourers. The electronics didn't play well with all the extra kit they fitted (2 computers, IDR and lights). You may still see the odd one about as well as the Volvo V40 they also used for a little while afterwards.

London Air ambulance have been using vRS's  for a while since the Mk2.... was surprised to see them having the 245 rather then the standard car.

Wonder what options they have on them? Would suspect they may well have DCC?

Image result for london air ambulance car

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, OliR said:

London Air ambulance have been using vRS's  for a while since the Mk2.... was surprised to see them having the 245 rather then the standard car.

Wonder what options they have on them? Would suspect they may well have DCC?

They wont be the same cars you buy privately. A rep from the abulance service isn’t sitting umming and ahing over whether to pick the winter pack or Canton.  

Skoda have an Emergency Vehicles page which gives some insight. Uprated suspension is available. 

I doubt the ambulance service have any input. Air ambulances in England and Wales are charity funded. The air ambulance cars are usually provided from charity funds so they aren’t bound by ambulance service restrictions. 

Very true hence the reason why I suspect they had 245's. I can't see the NHS paying the extra for them even though they do get them at a discount compared to retail price.

No doubt the company names on the side of the cars also provided a good amount of funding as well.

Although they have an emergency.servoces package...the scouts we use currently mk2fl 13 plates in my second the woods are standard. The suspension isn't any different and you know it when you hit pot holes and over bumps as weight in the rear means you bottom out very quickly! Equally the battery struggles to cope even with additional batteries...the one I worked on yesterday the chassis battery died after 2 hours turned off after I'd driven it at 85+ mph to a job. 

Also these cars sit a lot of the time at the Royal London and don't go anywhere. Atleast that's what I've noticed when I've gone there :) lol. 

On ‎19‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 17:10, Ethanfoster said:

Although they have an emergency.servoces package...the scouts we use currently mk2fl 13 plates in my second the woods are standard. The suspension isn't any different and you know it when you hit pot holes and over bumps as weight in the rear means you bottom out very quickly! Equally the battery struggles to cope even with additional batteries...the one I worked on yesterday the chassis battery died after 2 hours turned off after I'd driven it at 85+ mph to a job. 

Also these cars sit a lot of the time at the Royal London and don't go anywhere. Atleast that's what I've noticed when I've gone there :) lol. 

If they are like West Mids Air ambulance then I guess they are only used when the helicopter is unable to fly

if you look closely at the london air ambulance 245 you can see the special front number plate holder that has covert blue LEDs vertically at each side (not illuminated in the photos). These are good for visibility of the car when pulling out from a junction

http://premierhazard.co.uk/products/195/number-plate-led-warning-system-mk002-00b

Edited by encephalopathy

7 minutes ago, encephalopathy said:

if you look closely at the london air ambulance 245 you can see the special front number plate holder that has covert blue LEDs vertically at each side (not illuminated in the photos). These are good for visibility of the car when pulling out from a junction

http://premierhazard.co.uk/products/195/number-plate-led-warning-system-mk002-00b

We have them on most of the ambulance response cars. My one today has them but it is a land rover disco sport ( pants to drive! ) 

Ethan 

18 hours ago, OliR said:

If they are like West Mids Air ambulance then I guess they are only used when the helicopter is unable to fly

Yeah i think they run one in the day also as a second response vehicle but I can't be sure. I can't help but think a 245 is wasted in London...never going to be able to drive is how it should be! Lol

Ethan