Skoda Octavia 2015 1.6 TDI 260hp

Since 2015 I drive a black Skoda Octavia 1.6 tdi sedan and since a do about 300km per day with the car I quickly got bored by it’s 116hp and 250nm torque.

Especially the speed limiter around 200km/h was boughter me since I drive a lot trough Germany and was not always able to keep up wit the BMW’s :p .

Here I want to share what I did to gain more power from the 1.6 TDi.

- Full Custom inox exhaust from the manifolds on. Inc biger downpipe to improve exhaust flow. Removal of DPF (for sound purposes no power gain here ! )

- Replaced the stock 1.6 turbine by a 2.0 turbine. 

- Replaced the stock injectors by 2.0 injectors.

- Replaced the stock fuel pomp with a 2 liter engine fuel pump.

- Replaced the  air filter 

- Replaced the stock clutch by a racing clutch ( pressure plate & flywheel karbon/ kevlar)

- replaced 4th & 5th gear wheel in the gearbox by a stonger one because they could not  handle the power.

- last and most important : ECU remap to make it all work together perfectly.

And the results.....

Horsepower 

Before / stock: 116hp

After : 263 hp

Torque

Before / stock: 250 nm 

after: 530nm

0-100kmh / 0 - 60kph

4.8 sec

Top speed : 247 kph

Price tag for everything...

+/- 7000€ .

Photo and video will follow soon..

if you have any question feel free to comment.

7D3F07A3-47D2-43F8-9367-24E110482C35.jpeg

Edited by Delta161
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

263hp and 0-100kmh in 4.8sec? Are you sure about that? That's stock 335d Xdrive stats and that has 4 wheel drive.

A VRS 245 with a similar power/weight ratio to yours and FWD is still around 6.5 sec.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, ahenners said:

263hp and 0-100kmh in 4.8sec? Are you sure about that? That's stock 335d Xdrive stats and that has 4 wheel drive.

A VRS 245 with a similar power/weight ratio to yours and FWD is still around 6.5 sec.

I know, mine after I threw on the dtuk box was getting around 6.5 seconds. Think the best I had was 6.2 and that was a dry day, only fumes in the tank and I'm sure there was a slight downwards slope as well

On ‎21‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 08:09, ahenners said:

My VRS has 302bhp and 220bhp per tonne but due to traction issues I would struggle to do 0-60mph (100kph) in 6 seconds flat. Whatever medication you are on I would reduce the dosage because you are clearly taking too much. Not sure those tyres are safe at any speed over 200kph (125mph) anyway. It's not a sleeper, it's a shed!

• Haha 1

Maybe it's a typo. Should be:

And the results.....

Horsepower 

After : 163 hp

Torque

after: 330nm

0-100kmh / 0 - 60kph

6.8 sec

Top speed : 207 kph

Edited by MarkyG82

Even if you did indulge this fantasy ( I've seen these 1.6s tuning doing the rounds so we can expect plenty more of this diesel fandom).

1) how long will it last :D both mechanically, and because its diseasel.....
ps really helping that you are defeating systems that are the only thing helping against the negative publicity of your beloved fuel - bet it smokes like a steamtrain
2) Vaccuous tuning methodology - more power only. What about Suspension ? Handling ?  Brakes ? Power delivery ?

3) how much? If you add the 8-10K used to to 7K, wow thats a long LONG way to some much better cars....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 21.6.2018 at 01:38, Delta161 said:

- Replaced the stock 1.6 turbine by a 2.0 turbine. 

- Replaced the stock injectors by 2.0 injectors.

- Replaced the stock fuel pomp with a 2 liter engine fuel pump.

And the results.....

Horsepower 

After : 263 hp

Torque

after: 530nm

If you are saying that you have taken the turbo, injectors and a high pressure fuel pump from a 2.0 liter 184hp diesel engine I can tell you that those power figures are not possible on a 2.0 liter engine with those parts so I really doubt they can be achieved on a 1.6 liter engine.

Edited by Petunet
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Petunet said:

If you are saying that you have taken the turbo, injectors and a high pressure fuel pump from a 2.0 liter 184hp diesel engine I can tell you that those power figures are not possible on a 2.0 liter engine with those parts so I really doubt they can be achieved on a 1.6 liter engine.

He's managed something that all the engineer's working for the VW Empire could not achieve! Their best effort with a 2.0 litre engine with TWO turbo's gives 237BHP in various models so he must be a genius or have a very long nose indeed. But he has got lots of comments, just not the positive ones he was hoping for! Think this thread needs putting to bed, a bit like the Polish football team.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

He's managed something that all the engineer's working for the VW Empire could not achieve! Their best effort with a 2.0 litre engine with TWO turbo's gives 237BHP in various models so he must be a genius or have a very long nose indeed. But he has got lots of comments, just not the positive ones he was hoping for! Think this thread needs putting to bed, a bit like the Polish football team.

Perhaps it's gone bang... Or maybe the drugs have worn off ;)

• Haha 1

Ok first things first, i’m just sharing my experience. Apparently not everyone here has experience with engine modifications. 

8 months ago I started by only replacing the downpipe with a custom made one ( by TubeXpert in Belgium). 

Without any ECU modification or any other modifications  do by just replacing the downpipe I got 30hp more.

2 weeks later I went for a ECU remap (chipping for the  noobs out there). 

Shout out to my friends at

br-performance for the ECU-remap.

Their Dyno confirmed  an “uncontroled” gain of 30hp.  Doing the ECU remap gained another 40hp! 180hp (460nm)(approximately) still without doing any major mods. 

The guy’s at br-performance warned me to keep an eye on the clutch and the grarbox in general because they wear not sure if it could handle the power gain.

after +/- 30000 km, I broke my 5 gear and and had a lot of wear on my stock clutch. So the gearbox went for a revision and got a new and stronger 4th and 5th gear and a new clutch ( image in attachement).

to be be continued.....

EFC6B224-DA28-4C1E-8151-ED9DF8B20713.jpeg

So after 3 weeks of work and waiting on parts for the gearbox I was looking to get more out of the engine.

And the first thing to look for was a bigger turbo. 

After discussing with an Tubo expert on his recommendation I got me a brand new turbine made for the 2L Diesel engines. But just blowing more are in the current fuel delivery is not go do much, so the field delivery has to be increased to have any power gains.

Orderd a fuel pomp and fuel injectors from a 2 liter.  Replaced my stock injectors and fuelpomp (inc tubing) with the 2L, has some engine error codes but had no problem disabling those sensors and went back to BR-Perfomance...

back again to have them do a new remap based on the upgraded parts.

it took them 2 day’s of trial an error testing and reprogramming the ECU before they had it wright.

Specs stated above.

They were astonishing by the fact that I was crazy enough to spend so much money effort and time in a Skoda 1.6TDi.  

It’s my daily driver and I do about 1200km every week with it. 

Yes there are some black clouds coming out when taking of or when the pedal goes down suddenly but minimal when normal driving. Yes the fuel consumption went up.

And no I have not be using any drugs. 

I think everyone who posted in this thread is astonished too. I can't see why you'd spend so much on a 1.6 when there's much better options to start with i.e. 2.0 184ps.

The other side to it is that I can't see it being particularly reliable that stretched, and if doing 1200km weekly, you probably need something reliable.

If it makes you happy and you enjoy it, that's all that matters :)