What have you done to your Superb III today?

12 minutes ago, Bap33 said:

WARNING

Err... The cabin filter isn't in the right position. It unfortunately is upside down in this video. Look at the arrow printed on the filter side

The flow direction is downwards. And normally, you have to insert a plate (tool T10532) under the filter prior to pull it out. This tool shall also remain in position to protect the air blower from dust and leaves, which have to be removed before inserting the new cabin filter. Only then, the tool can be removed before putting the cover plate back in place.

Yes I noticed his filter was the wrong way round. Didn't know that about the blower protection, I reckon you could use anything flat, cardboard for example. Excellent tip.

Had the fuel evap canister replaced to fix a strong smell of fuel that was coming from the offside wheel arch. Had noticed the smell for a few weeks, and after a bit of forum searching, found this was the most likely cause, not just on Skodas but other VAG cars too. My mechanic checked for other possible causes too, but agreed with the diagnosis, and it does seem to have fixed the problem. Only a cheap part and quick to fit - around £36 for the OEM part, then a simple matter of removing the wheel and peeling back the arch liner and swapping the canister for the new one. This week it's also had a major service including DSG oil service, and is now running beautifully. This is for my 2018 220 Sportline. Winter tyres on today too.

On another note, recently upgraded my summer tyres to Michelin PS4Ss all round, and the difference from the factory Pirellis is absolutely night and day. What a brilliant tyre - totally changes the drive, and instant traction when you put your foot down.

• Like 3

Despite being all very clever, the base setting of my Matrix LED headlights was a tad too high for my liking - good for owl watching... One turn of the white knob at the rear of each headlamp unit has lowered them just the right amount (it is marked 'up' and 'down').

With apologies for the grubby state of the light unit....

IMG-0411.thumb.JPG.9f9ff807b3dc0d3edd8ef0881814e991.JPG

IMG-0423.JPG

PS Kumho tyres worked just fine in the snow and ice this morning....

IMG-0450.JPG

Edited by aerofurb
I missed the word ‘fine’ out - doh!
  • Like 4

On 05/12/2021 at 21:46, ApertureS said:

Well that was a fun journey.
2000 miles, 2 planes, 1 car and 4 buses later. I finally picked up my SLA headlight units in a suitcase. 
why? Because it’s cheaper since brexit to go pick it up myself including travel, hotel, covid test and a good **** up In Brno on my stop off. Than it would be to pay the import taxes FBE383FC-D1CB-40A1-81AB-22E031D7FC01.thumb.jpeg.72bc86cb0ebce5100dcedf831d4f4494.jpeg

wow, is really became that bad after brexit? 

Finally put the Audi winter wheels on this week. 

Quite happy with how they look. Lower offset so they fill the arches more

The tyres are a rubbish brand but are brand new so thought I'd give them a chance, seem OK so far!

Pic of how the car normally sits on the vegas too. 

IMG_20211207_110312.jpg

IMG_20211203_153425.jpg

• Like 1

On 27/11/2021 at 21:52, elfensin said:

Washed the car today. Happy with the result.

Hah - It looks like we use similar products. I washed mine today with Bowden's Own "Snow Job", then Meguire's "Gold Class" Car wash and finished with Bowden's "Boss Gloss".

IMG_5784 copy.jpg

IMG_5788.jpg

IMG_5789.jpg

Edited by GWCTas
Spelling
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, GWCTas said:

IMG_5788.jpg

I’m not normally keen on black cars due to how hard they are to keep clean - but that looks ultra shiny.

At least for a short while after washing! 😜 

Now for something OT - tell me about the spec of your solar array and inverter size? 🌞

I dont know if its been done before... but i might of worked out a way of enabling USDM side markers on the Superb 3 - for those un familar, instead of white day running/side lights it uses very faint orange lights that turn into bright indicators when needed. No hardware changes.

Im gonna attempt it this weekend.

Has front discs and pads done. 66000miles. 66 plate. Just under £300 at local garage. As its a 280 its got the 340mm discs which look very big when theres no lip of rust and ckean metal all the way to the edge. Apec apparently. 

• Like 1

Didn’t know VW data plug would work in a Skoda . What does it do exactly that the Skoda app does not and what is the advantage of having it . 

Edited by David55

3 hours ago, David55 said:

Didn’t know VW data plug would work in a Skoda . What does it do exactly that the Skoda app does not and what is the advantage of having it . 

I'm using it with the 'Connect Lite' Skoda app, not the VW app - the advantage is the VW plug costs a fiver whereas the Skoda branded versions are around £40!

So following on from Halfords damaging my wheel during a tyre change

- they paid for a refurb And courtesy car

- company took the wheel and it came back shocking...

- company took wheel again and I just got it back today... it’s even worse than the damage Halfords caused. They’ve cut the wheel completely flush with the face and it’s ruined the look plus it’s uneven 

- gonna be demanding a new wheel now, no other option 

and on top of that, someone went down the side of my car during the night.

not had much luck with this car.

• Sad 1

Car at the dealers having rear disc and pads changed, so I asked for a longish test drive in an enyaq which I’ve got at home now.

Biggest complaint is this stupid design flaw. The dash is far too low so my knee keeps hitting it.

If it was a little bit higher it would be great as I won’t be attacked and I can open my legs more.

I tried putting my feet just to the left of the brake pedal which was more comfortable but then left foot is almost under the brake pedal

0AE2D6EA-C5A2-43AA-B2E9-325BDCBDFF46.thumb.jpeg.6617d510e8be698e77b28c5125afa59d.jpeg

17 hours ago, ApertureS said:

So following on from Halfords damaging my wheel during a tyre change

Got the same on my wife’s Q3. But they were more efficient and solved the problem at the first attempt.

Nevertheless, it costed them a rim restoration and a car rental for 2 days, since we have no spare wheel on the Q3.

Expensive mistake...

Hope for you you get a new rim.