What have you done to your Superb III today?

2 hours ago, k.young said:

Had it washed.......if that counts!!!

YmgW6X7.jpg

Awesome! Really nice! I like this red colour! 👍

Having exhausted most other DIY jobs around the house during lock down I was looking for something to do.    

1. Fitted some replacement LED bulbs in the boot tailgate, side doors &  LED rear turn indicators. 
  2. Washed car with Bilt & Hamber Auto Foam (good stuff) & applied Turtle Wax Colour Magic Jet Black wax & Meguiar's Endurance High Gloss Black tyre shine.
  3. Got on my back under the car (no ramps) & cleaned 3.5 years of baked on crud off of the chrome exhaust tips. Lashings of Meguiar's metal polish & elbow grease was taking forever so I switched to a felt wheel on a Dremel multi tool which got the job done.
  4. Fitted a chrome rear bumper protector to cover up some scratches (previous owner) - cheaper than a bumper respray! If I'm honest it's not the best fitting after market item & the adhesive tape has lifted on one side which looks a bit pants. I might remove this & replace it with something else or bite the bullet & have the bumper re-painted.
  5. As mentioned in another thread, next up is a REVO Stage 1 re-map in a week or so. 
  6. I also found another use for the B&H Auto foam - which was to clean all the dust & bird **** off my glass conservatory roof. It needed a bit of agitation & a power wash but it got the job done. 

After this I think that will be all for a while for the car but, you never know!😉

For some reason I don't seem to be able to upload any photos so for now words will have to do😕

3 hours ago, Colin170CR said:

Having exhausted most other DIY jobs around the house during lock down I was looking for something to do.    

1. Fitted some replacement LED bulbs in the boot tailgate, side doors &  LED rear turn indicators. 

Which boot LEDs did you go for Colin?

Good work btw.

Installed a new set of windshield wipers today. Only the fronts ones, since I never use the rear. Went for a set of Bosch Aerotwins. I haven’t had the opportunity to test them yet, but we should be getting a few drops of rain over the coming days, so that should be solved pretty quickly.

The old ones lasted about two and a half years, not bad for a set of OEM wipers.

Though, to be fair, I don’t expect to use them that much either, since I also cost my windshield with a water repellent, which does work really well at speeds higher than about 50-60 kph.

4 hours ago, Bigeater said:

Which boot LEDs did you go for Colin?

Good work btw.

These went in the tailgate (I have a combi) & should be OK for a hatch boot & are a cheaper solution than Super Skoda whole unit replacements.  However these LEDs were too long as replacements for the red / white door light bulbs.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07DQH7MN1/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

These went into the doors - just. Bit of a pinky tinge to the red lens due to the whiter light of the LED but downward white light on the floor much better than stock. L&K has 4 door lights.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B071LNH2D3/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

These were for the rear turn indicators - orange. Bit pricey being Phillips & I suspect better value items are out there. Didn't need to fit or wire the 2 x Canbus transistor thingy which is probably why they are expensive - just the bulbs & no canbus errors which was the whole point of the exercise.  In hindsight I think & I could have found something else for a quarter of the price. That said these are much brighter than the stock bulbs which are a bit dim IMO. Hey ho.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07L984J5Q/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

These for the revering lights.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B075V7HXHN/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This what the rear bumper protector looks like but as I said I'm not entirely happy with the fit / finish of this.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07QFCBFH4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I also have some mudflaps on order but these are taking a while to arrive.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07MK1V521/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Thanks 1

I've told my insurers about my latest mods and they replied...

In response to your query, we have added Suspension Uprated/Lowered/Stiffened Springs & Dampers and Anti roll bars to your policy as you have requested and these have not affected your premium. Please contact us if you have any queries.

:happy:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bigeater said:

In response to your query, we have added Suspension Uprated/Lowered/Stiffened Springs & Dampers and Anti roll bars to your policy as you have requested and these have not affected your premium. Please contact us if you have any queries.

Which company was that with?

6 hours ago, Bigeater said:

That's good to know. Might get a quote from them next time and see if it's reasonable. 

Filled it with petrol. Got on my computer to add the cost to my records and realised that the last time I filled the Big Red Bus, it was January 9th and petrol was 32p/litre more expensive!

4 hours ago, freelunch said:

Filled it with petrol. Got on my computer to add the cost to my records and realised that the last time I filled the Big Red Bus, it was January 9th and petrol was 32p/litre more expensive!

Wow! Both those points are alarming!

I'm still at work, but my leisure driving is almost non existent, so my fuel stops are much less frequent. The current pricing is fantastic.

Just now, boydeee said:

The current pricing is fantastic.

Fill up while you can! Buy jerry cans! Hire a fuel dump! I think we have another month or two before the prices rise to previous levels again. Lots of people out there trying to claw money back.

37 minutes ago, numskull said:

Well, I suppose they could distract you too, big, but in this case, I was spooked by the Lycra-clad idiot on my right. 

I managed to avoid a White Fiesta driving at high speed near my home this morning going the wrong way round a mini-roundabout so that they didn't have to slow down or God forbid brake whilst nearly smashing into me. They obviously gambled that they would be the only one on that stretch of road at 05:10. They were wrong and lucky. Caught them at the next traffic lights and then they sped off again smashing the 30mph limit. Worst driving I've seen during the last 3 months.🥵

There’s some real twits about. We have a local young idiot in Merc E63 who blasts up the road outside ours, which probably hits 70 by the time they get to the roundabout some 200m from the house. He also has a Lamborghini Go****efasti in which he likes to do the same. Oh, yes, there was another ar$e in a 20 year old Type R with a 10” exhaust and a sub the size of a dustbin lid who went straight on at said roundabout at high speed, removing both front legs and a rear suspension arm too! What a nob! 

7 hours ago, numskull said:

There’s some real twits about. We have a local young idiot in Merc E63 who blasts up the road outside ours, which probably hits 70 by the time they get to the roundabout some 200m from the house. He also has a Lamborghini Go****efasti in which he likes to do the same. Oh, yes, there was another ar$e in a 20 year old Type R with a 10” exhaust and a sub the size of a dustbin lid who went straight on at said roundabout at high speed, removing both front legs and a rear suspension arm too! What a nob! 

Sit back, relax and allow natural selection to solve your problem  👍

Edited by drewellis

3 hours ago, drewellis said:

Don’t get the point of the post, but your Superb “sleeper” is now beginning to look anything but...

3 hours ago, drewellis said:

Sit back, relax and allow natural selection to solve your problem  👍

Unfortunately, a ton going at full tilt vs a 75lb kid in its path, makes natural selection irrelevant. 

On 12/06/2020 at 04:14, numskull said:

Don’t get the point of the post, but your Superb “sleeper” is now beginning to look anything but...

Unfortunately, a ton going at full tilt vs a 75lb kid in its path, makes natural selection irrelevant. 

The point of my post was to answer the actual thread topic. No point writing it all out again if I can provide a link.

Your post wasn’t relevant but sorry for trying to be friendly by replying with humour. Safety of kids isn’t a joke but you never mentioned that there were kids about 🤷‍♂️

32 minutes ago, drewellis said:

The point of my post was to answer the actual thread topic. No point writing it all out again if I can provide a link.

Your post wasn’t relevant but sorry for trying to be friendly by replying with humour. Safety of kids isn’t a joke but you never mentioned that there were kids about 🤷‍♂️

Understood and apologies. 

Right, but the nob driving the Merc and Diablo does. Found out yesterday from the neighbourhood watch team that he’s been reported to the police, including his name and address. Hopefully they’ll have a quiet word. 

• Like 1