What have you done to your Superb III today?

One of the boot lights was out; so decided to chance the LED replacements on AliExpress.

A very simple swap out, I was happy with both the quality and speed of delivery to Ireland ( less than three weeks) 

Just received mud flaps and a few other bits from superskoda, so will get those fitted over the weekend. 

86C532D3-0AA7-4C30-B383-8630777AEBDA.thumb.jpeg.17fd6dfa8abb8ad60c68ae4293705cfa.jpeg849D61FE-FD05-4AFE-B176-3AF1D3EC60B8.thumb.jpeg.6d03d84a32f791ded89e6a868875a9d0.jpeg

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Timmyboy said:

the same design as the longer ones, so look genuine.

perfect!

genuine or not here isn't so much important
recommend to seller, change pictures in product description

On 08/02/2022 at 18:06, ratracer said:

One of the boot lights was out; so decided to chance the LED replacements on AliExpress.

A very simple swap out, I was happy with both the quality and speed of delivery to Ireland ( less than three weeks) 

Just received mud flaps and a few other bits from superskoda, so will get those fitted over the weekend. 

86C532D3-0AA7-4C30-B383-8630777AEBDA.thumb.jpeg.17fd6dfa8abb8ad60c68ae4293705cfa.jpeg849D61FE-FD05-4AFE-B176-3AF1D3EC60B8.thumb.jpeg.6d03d84a32f791ded89e6a868875a9d0.jpeg

Since I changed these LED’s, when I try to lock the car, the front puddle  lights keep flashing and the boot open symbol keeps flickering on the dash. There are no warnings on at any other time except when locking. 
Had anybody got any ideas as to what the problem might be? 

1 hour ago, ratracer said:

Since I changed these LED’s, when I try to lock the car, the front puddle  lights keep flashing and the boot open symbol keeps flickering on the dash. There are no warnings on at any other time except when locking. 
Had anybody got any ideas as to what the problem might be? 

Yup, cheap LED boot lights cause interference in the canbus network. Take them out, loads of people have this issue, not just you.

46 minutes ago, ApertureS said:

Yup, cheap LED boot lights cause interference in the canbus network. Take them out, loads of people have this issue, not just you.

Thanks for the heads up, will change them back tomorrow so. 
Disappointing though. 

19 minutes ago, ratracer said:

Thanks for the heads up, will change them back tomorrow so. 
Disappointing though. 

Get the Kopacek ones. They’ll work. I have their LEDs in my Combi boot lid. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GregorSamsa said:

Get the Kopacek ones. They’ll work. I have their LEDs in my Combi boot lid. 

+1 for the Kopacek units.

i've got them in my boot and door (front & rear) puddle lights.

good fit & quality, and hassle free.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Colin170CR said:

I found some replacement LED bulbs on Amazon for my combi tailgate that worked fine. 10 pack currently on sale for £20.36. No errors or issues & Canbus friendly. Still going strong 2 years on.

LED bulbs

It’s not bulbs in these units, it’s complete led replacements so slightly different, I’m assuming you got 501 bulbs for led version

Just ordered All Season tyres to replace all four Sport Contact 5's, one's under 4mm and the other not too far behind. Was quoted £164.56 by dealership and they advised buying and fitting them as a pair, so £329.12 in total. 😐

A local fitter was the cheapest out of the online places (BlackCircles, ASDA, KwikFit) including fitting. At least I'll be getting £45 for the three good tyres from another garage, better than throwing them away.

Edited by SomethingSuperbly

On 10/02/2022 at 05:52, ApertureS said:

It’s not bulbs in these units, it’s complete led replacements so slightly different, I’m assuming you got 501 bulbs for led version

Nope. My 66 plate L&K 280 combi had very dim Halogen tailgate bulbs. I replaced the existing bulbs with LED's. I looked at Super Skoda / Kopacek replacement units ones but decided they were too expensive. I used the extra bulbs in my 10 pack to replace the door opening bulbs as well although these may be a tad too pink-ish now due to the higher light output but I'm OK with that. I have also replaced the reversing & turn signal lights at the rear as well (different bulb type) as the OEM bulbs were a bit weak IMO. Newer Superb models probably have all LED lights now.

mine's gone off to the dealer's for a service - inspection and then oil service as it would be due in 7k kms anyway... just ticked over 130000, too. Looking over the brakes with a clean and lube too, and it should be less than €300. I can live with that. 

Next up is to swap the summer / winter rims to try and get the "snow piles onto my rims". Essentially, the snow piles up on the inside of the rims at the rear and then when I stop it starts to melt.... meaning the rims become unbalanced. It's also really hard to get rid of with a brush. So the idea is to see if the Stratos rims help the problem. 

1 hour ago, Bingodalton said:

@mcdaniels you could make some pictures with the bumper removed, how those clips look like, their code, price,...
It could be helpful. 

my workshop mechanic did it for me, sorry i dont have the photos when removed, but let me check on the part codes etc.

he did mention this highlighted part here was worn out (the brackets that hold onto the bumper), hence he replaced it.

5.jpg.b742060896d478e717178d5f21c88b56.jpg

image.png.e6893609d49803ab6499dd532e4ea120.png

this video may assist:

Edited by mcdaniels
  • Like 3

Got it stuck in mud while on holiday, d'oh! At least I got far enough to line up for an easy tow out.

It might be useful to report that you press the top of the rear towing eye cover to open it, and the towing eye has a left hand thread.

PXL_20220220_082114052.jpg

• Like 1

On 20/02/2022 at 08:44, D402 said:

Got it stuck in mud while on holiday, d'oh! At least I got far enough to line up for an easy tow out.

It might be useful to report that you press the top of the rear towing eye cover to open it, and the towing eye has a left hand thread.

PXL_20220220_082114052.jpg

Not a 4 x 4 then.

• Haha 1