Cruse control speed increments

Hi guys,

Anyone knows if there is any coding to change the 1 mph increment on cruse control to 5, or 10 or something in between?

Searched and searched and nothing out there....

Thanks.

Edited by ccosmin

You could always use the accelerator and press the speed reset. The Volvo I sometimes drive does 5mph increments and it's so flippin annoying!

Edited by amwphotos
Edit
  • Like 1

Is it normal cruise control or adaptive cruise control? On my current Octavia it has adaptive cruise control and there are both. Can't remember what was on my previous Octavia with standard cruise though.

1 hour ago, ccosmin said:

Yes it’s normal without the automatic :)

Both my Manual MY17 and DSG MY19 Octavia's only change in 5's?

That said, just read else where "If you use RES/SET buttons this will do 1mph and +/- will do 5mph increments".

Has it got the CC stalk?

On my ACC car with the stalk, up/down changes in 5mph. When ACC is active, press the Set decreases by 1mph, pull Resume increases by 1mph.

IMHO, without ACC, a smaller increment would be more useful. But agree 1mph increment is too restrictive, something like 2 or 3mph change is better. I feel 5mph changes is only useful in ACC where crashing into the car in front isn't a problem.

7 hours ago, gRoberts said:

Both my Manual MY17 and DSG MY19 Octavia's only change in 5's?

That said, just read else where "If you use RES/SET buttons this will do 1mph and +/- will do 5mph increments".

I have RES/SET buttons, but no +/- buttons 

Normal, non adaptive cruise control (which is what I think you mean by not automatic, rather than the gearbox) will not have the additional controls people are talking about and pulling towards you will just flash your high beams :D

As standard it will only adjust by 1mph increments on the rocker switch on the end of the stalk, no idea if this is possible to change with VCDS or the like. 

• Like 1

On 31/01/2019 at 17:05, Kenai said:

As standard it will only adjust by 1mph increments on the rocker switch on the end of the stalk, no idea if this is possible to change with VCDS or the like. 

it has to bepossible, but who knows how?  :D 

I think I would set mine to 3 or 4.

MY65 VRS with Adaptive cruise control I can adjust in 1's and 5's.

if I Pull the stalk towards me it goes up 1 if I nudge the stalk up it goes up to the nearest 5/or by 5.

3 hours ago, dophp said:

if I Pull the stalk towards me it goes up 1 if I nudge the stalk up it goes up to the nearest 5/or by 5.

Which stack? For cruise control?

11 hours ago, dophp said:

That's the difference - with ACC you have the choice of +/-1 or +/-5 depending on how you move the stalk; but with normal CC (non-ACC) the only increment possible is +/-1.

On 02/02/2019 at 00:22, ords said:

Personally I like the 1 mph increments, especially on average speed roads.

Agreed - sometimes adding or subtracting 1mph is really helpful depending on what other drivers nearby are doing in those zones.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DavidY said:

Agreed - sometimes adding or subtracting 1mph is really helpful depending on what other drivers nearby are doing in those zones.

I agree with this. Generally you want to make small adjustments, especially through average speed zones or bust stretches of road. For bigger changes you change by accelerating or braking and resetting. 

With AAC changing by 5 makes more sense because if they car in front then slows, you don’t need to adjust the car does it for you. 

• Like 1

On 02/02/2019 at 02:22, ords said:

Personally I like the 1 mph increments, especially on average speed roads.

Yes but sometimes, most of the times, owant to increase the speed faster, then clicking 10 times.