Chuckle in Your Day

mac11irl

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, MikeTheThinker said:

I feel a pub visit coming on soon ...

661d8530-fe55-11ee-aa26-a3694c640796.jpg.webp.4d830877d12f0a19425a5ae6edf7a768.webp

IMO that one belongs in ‘what annoyed you today?’

Edited by SteveTheElder

5 hours ago, MikeTheThinker said:

I feel a pub visit coming on soon ...

661d8530-fe55-11ee-aa26-a3694c640796.jpg.webp.4d830877d12f0a19425a5ae6edf7a768.webp

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cv2rp4dmxv2o

No pictures (visit pre-dates "smart" phones even if I owned one, which I don't) but I visited one which had a sign "Ill behaved children will be sold into slavery": The owner was pleased at my positive comments on the policy.

• Like 2

TFTD Sunday: “When my kids become wild and unruly, I use a nice, safe playpen. When they’re finished, I climb out.” ― Erma Bombeck

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Stonekeeper said:

Screenshot2024-04-21at16-07-26GoogleMaps.png.13129da54b9c92b0ea3b32cf02681e67.png Great address

I was the site engineer for the airport that was there before Peel ran it into the ground so they could buy it for £1 and redevelop it as industrial unit's etc. making millions... 

The road name was a standing joke for years and I've got a vague recollection there are some other funnies around there too. 

Edited by skomaz
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, lancpudn said:

1713709647376.png

If they're as reliable as the Tesla truck things could get pretty messy!

• Like 2

TFTD Monday: “The best way to get most husbands to do something is to suggest that perhaps they’re too old to do it.” — Shirley MacLaine

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, skomaz said:

I was the site engineer for the airport that was there before Peel ran it into the ground so they could buy it for £1 and redevelop it as industrial unit's etc. making millions... 

The road name was a standing joke for years and I've got a vague recollection there are some other funnies around there too. 

Was that the Mr Peel who founded the Police force?  🤔

Edited by Baxlin
  • Haha 1